Watson New OC

I mean, after all all there is to coaching is where you end up in the list. We don't need to know anything about them, just what they did. Hell, they don't even need a name. They don't need to know how to do anything else than run practice and somehow satisfy fans ideas of how a good coach coaches.

What we do know is how well his offenses worked while he was the offensive coordinator in a program that is similiar to Nebraska. But apparently in your opinion results really don't mean that much. Because Callahan said he was a good coach, it must be huh?

"Under Watson, Colorado’s version of the West Coast Offense showed its flexibility and the ability to adapt to the Buffs’ offensive talent. Colorado ranked 20th nationally in total offense in 2001, was only the third team in CU history to average both 200 yards rushing and passing. After relying on a ground-oriented attack in 2001 and 2002, the 2003 Buffs featured a prolific passing attack, ranking 18th nationally at 279.3 yards per game. Colorado’s 2004 team produced a 1,000-yard rusher and a 2,000-yard passer for just the second time in school history."

From his Bio on ww.huskers.com

What does it mean? I don't know but that 2001 rushing attack was one of the best in the Nation. People around here should love that.

What we do know is how well his offenses worked while he was the offensive coordinator in a program that is similiar to Nebraska. But apparently in your opinion results really don't mean that much. Because Callahan said he was a good coach, it must be huh?

You are saying Colorado is similar to NU? How?

I never said results don't matter. I merely said it's not all that makes up the decision. But as far as results go I presented good results that you ignore, you like to focus on other parts that give you leverage to bash the coach you hate. It's as simple as that.

I mean, after all all there is to coaching is where you end up in the list. We don't need to know anything about them, just what they did. Hell, they don't even need a name. They don't need to know how to do anything else than run practice and somehow satisfy fans ideas of how a good coach coaches.

what that little quote tells me is that Watson can do very much with very little. cmon its CU. outside of kordell stewart and salaam, what other superstars have they had?

I don't suppose you have taken the time to actually see the recruits Bush has brought in. I would say most likely not, since all you seem to do is bitch and post negativity! Here's the word for the day....."research"!

No doubt. He's responsible for many of the recruits that have commited to NU.

So no, he's not "right on the money". Missed the mark by quite the margin and showed that he doesn't really pay attention to what goes on in the program and who does what. Unless, of course it can aid in bashing his favorite team. Then he'll get after it.

i never said he wasn't a good recruiter. if either of the two of you would bother to do research or pay attention to our games two of the worst coached areas are safties and special teams. busch coaches both.

Fast rise for Coach Watson.

actually, he's getting back into a job that he held previously. remember, he was CU's OC and was calling the plays against the Huskers during the infamous 2001 game.

that being said, i'd rather have him with us than against us. but that's just me.

You are saying Colorado is similar to NU? How?

I never said results don't matter. I merely said it's not all that makes up the decision. But as far as results go I presented good results that you ignore, you like to focus on other parts that give you leverage to bash the coach you hate. It's as simple as that.

NU and CU are similar in that they are both Big 12 schools that are in the same area who ran the same offense. Both schools have at least some tradition of success (in CU's case that is very little but some noneless).

In a similar situation which was offensive co-ordinator at CU the results were not all that good. Also you may want to check which Miami university they were referring to, hotshot.

what that little quote tells me is that Watson can do very much with very little. cmon its CU. outside of kordell stewart and salaam, what other superstars have they had?

Mason Crosby.................oh wait.......

well, if you want, i will eat crow i guess...

well, if you want, i will eat crow i guess...

Heh, no man.....I was just being a smarta$$ :lol: