Vikes hire DC.....

He interviewed Wednesday and they released it today.....hmmmm????

yeah cause that was his only interview... :sarcasm I'm sure they new they were going to hire him well in advance and yesterday was simply talking about his contract. point is if they moved that up they could have really helped us. not that they care

I think Lewis heard all the right things from Stoops. Whether or not they are true is a good question. :thumbs

I have been a Vikings fan for a long time, but they are starting to give me no reason to cheer for them. Absolutely biffed the entire draft last year and got rid of 2 of the franchise's biggest playmakers in the past 2 years. Not really a fan of Childress as of yet.

I think Lewis heard all the right things from Stoops. Whether or not they are true is a good question. :thumbs

I have been a Vikings fan for a long time, but they are starting to give me no reason to cheer for them. Absolutely biffed the entire draft last year and got rid of 2 of the franchise's biggest playmakers in the past 2 years. Not really a fan of Childress as of yet.

Biffed the draft last year....how about the last 2-3 years??? Oh, it is our turn to make a pick??? I am hoping they leave MN since they won't get a new stadium and we can start over....or I can start cheering for a new team.

Hey look....a ViQueens Thread!!

Biffed the draft last year....how about the last 2-3 years??? Oh, it is our turn to make a pick??? I am hoping they leave MN since they won't get a new stadium and we can start over....or I can start cheering for a new team.

I am with you 100%. I'm ready to find another team, as well. I just don't see any hope for them with Childress at the helm and their drafting the last few years. The ViQueens record was deceiving last year IMO....I seriously thought they were one if not THE worst team in the league (okay - with the exception of Oakland). AAAAAAAARG!

Funny though, I thought Coz would have been a good fit in Minny.

There has to be a curse on the Queens....kind of like the Curse of the Big Bambino or the goat thing with the Cubs. The main thing that I can think of is the Herschel Walker trade....how did Dallas build that dynasty?

That trade set the franchise back at least 5 years.

I agree, the last 2-3 years(heck, last 5), the drafts have been pretty lackluster, but they seemingly got even less last year than in years before. Trading up to get Tarvaris Jackson was a joke and Greenway was a stretch at #18, and produced exactly 2 practices this year. Super.

EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. -- Surrendering control of the defense worked well for Brad Childress in his first season as head coach of the Minnesota Vikings. So he will do that again in 2007.

Leslie Frazier became the first assistant to leave the Super Bowl champion Indianapolis Colts on Thursday when he accepted the job as defensive coordinator of the Vikings.

A special assistant to Colts coach Tony Dungy and also in charge of the team's defensive backs, Frazier couldn't interview for the position until after the Super Bowl. But Childress was willing to wait for someone with a diverse background and a strong familiarity with the Tampa Cover 2 scheme run primarily by Minnesota under Mike Tomlin this past season.

A couple rings, including one won by Frazier as a player in 1986 with Chicago, didn't hurt, either. Though Tomlin was here for only one year before he became Pittsburgh's head coach last month, Childress wasn't concerned that Frazier also aspires to run his own team eventually.

"I think you want guys that have an aggressive mentality," Childress said.

Frazier was Cincinnati's defensive coordinator in 2003 and 2004 but was fired by coach Marvin Lewis following problems the Bengals had stopping the run and preventing big gains. Lewis presided over some of the league's best defenses as a coordinator, so it was difficult -- according to Frazier -- for him to hand over some decision-making go and give Frazier room to make his own impact.

"If you hire me, let me do my thing," Frazier said.

Childress spent little time or energy on the defensive side during Tomlin's season.

"I have some things that are important to me," Childress said, "but I think you screw it up as a head coach that has been involved offensively to think you are going to jump in and say, 'You know I've done offense my whole life, but in this job I'm going to jump in and I'm going to get real involved with the defense.'

"You hire guys to be experts and stay in their lane and be experts at what they do and then you let them do their job," he said.

The Vikings went 6-10 because of offensive struggles and a pass defense exploited by opposing quarterbacks Tom Brady, Brett Favre and Chad Pennington.

Frazier, a cornerback for the Bears from 1981-86 before a serious knee injury suffered in the Super Bowl ended his career, helped Indianapolis improve its pass coverage during his two years there.

"We'll improve the pass defense. History says so," Frazier said.

The seventh defensive coordinator employed by Minnesota in the last nine seasons, Frazier worked with Childress when they were Eagles assistants. Frazier was defensive backs coach from 1999-2002, and their existing relationship was another attraction.

"We've hugged each other after some big wins in the locker room," Frazier said.

He plans to copy some blitzing strategies that Philadelphia defensive coordinator Jim Johnson uses, and signs of Buddy Ryan's famous 46 defense that Frazier played in Chicago might also show up.

In the bigger picture, Frazier eagerly described his goal to get another championship before worrying about the next step in his career.

"If you win, things happen for you in this league. ... Whatever happens after that, so be it," he said.

Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press

Looks like Coz will be around next year.

Trading up to get Tarvaris Jackson was a joke and Greenway was a stretch at #18, and produced exactly 2 practices this year.

Yeah! how 'bout that draft. don't forget Ryan Cook (big 'ol tub of lard) in third. Totally agree with that part of your post. One of the worst drafts in ViQueens history IMO. Horrible. Even worse than drafting Troy Williamson at #7 the year before. However, I didn't think their drafts sucked too bad the years before that. I thought the ViQueens drafted well in 2003 (Kevin Williams, Henderson, Burleson, and Onterrio Smith) and 2002 (McKinnie, Offord and Brian Williams). They'll find a way to mess up this year's draft as well. They try to get too damn cute.

I wonder which one of us has been suffering longer. As for me, since day 1. :lol:

GBR!!!