What is Nebraska's Biggest Need for 2008?

• 3 weeks later...

Linebackers are clearly one of our most important needs but I think Cornerback is the Biggest need. Bowman, Grixby and Jones are all seniors and from what last year made it clear none of the young guys were ready to step up. We are probably going to need at least one top JUCO CB again and we MUST start getting the top Highschool CB's to actually show up in Lincoln or it won't matter how good the DLine and Linebackers we get are.

Linebackers are clearly one of our most important needs but I think Cornerback is the Biggest need. Bowman, Grixby and Jones are all seniors and from what last year made it clear none of the young guys were ready to step up. We are probably going to need at least one top JUCO CB again and we MUST start getting the top Highschool CB's to actually show up in Lincoln or it won't matter how good the DLine and Linebackers we get are.

so true

I agree with blackshirt316. I mentioned earlier the people we missed out on in the secondary and it made it obvious that we need to start getting some of the top high school kids in the nation. At least one top high school corner every year would make a HUGE difference. Not to downplay the kids we got this year, but our secondary will be hurting if we have a class like we did last year. I think we got two three star high schoo corners didnt we? If that is correct that is not going to cut it. Right now the only high school corners we have over a three star are Thenarse and Grixby and Grixby is a senior. The biggest needs right now are defensive secondary, linebackers, high school defensive tackles, a real threat at tight end, offensive linemen, quarterback, running backs, and wide receiver, in that order IMO.

My point is that if we get a top notch player, just one, every year our defensive secondary will be much better. Just think if we had gotten Jonas Mouton, and Reggie Smith. Or maybe Devin Ross and Shareece Wright, how big of a difference would that make in the future? I would like our chances better if we would have gotten the players we did along with Ross, just like we did the year before. We got some guys that we a little under the radar then a more highly recruited corner in Thenarse. I think it is very important to have that one guy who will always cover the other teams best guy. Every team needs a shut down corner and last year we saw what happens without one.