Marlon Lucky's Hospital Stay

Bug Tooth

question for all of you that do not have your head in the sand.

What if a certain Huskerboard member was found laying on the floor with his pants around his ankles, writhing in pain and holding his ass, by one of his students. Student runs to the nurses office, screaming "Nurse, Nurse Mr. Huskerboard member is laying on the floor of his classroom in a lot of pain" Nurse then calls for an ambulance and the teacher is taken to the hospital and listed in critical condition for an undisclosed illness/injury.

Rumors run rampant through out the Huskerboard that "huskerboard member" is on his deathbed and will no longer be able to post. Turmoil ensues, because no one can match this members insight and knowledge of everything. What are we going to do with out him.

2 days later, after a near death experience, "Huskerboard member" is released from the hospital with a clean bill of health. "Huskerboard" member makes a short statement intended for the Huskerboard nation, that he is fine and will be posting again soon. he thanks everyone for their kind words of support and respecting his privacy.

The principle of the school says that there will be no further information released because of the privacy wishes. (beginning of the cover-up) :angry:

2 days later principle walks into the nurses office and tells the nurse that she is no longer going to be part of the schools future. the principle had video tape of her in the boys locker room smelling sweaty jock-straps, but didnt want to tell her that was the reason that she was being let go. :blink:

a few days later a friend, of a friend, of a friend says that he heard from the teachers college professer that the reason for the near death experience was because "Huskerboard member" had lost his grip on a jar of jelly and it was lodged in his arse :o and coudnt get it out. And he has no reason to lie.

now my question is this

Would you want the principle to keep this information private, our would you want the world to know the truth.

Come on "Huskerboard member", you know who you are, we all know who you are. Please be more truthful. Spin this the right way before we start losing future Huskerboard members. :nanalama:nanalama:nanalama:nanalama

Hahahaha :) But I'm going to go back to that they should have said something. Look, there are a lot of different ways to tell the "truth;" I don't really care what the truth is, I, personally, am disappointed in the inept way they handled this situation in the public. If you make something *look* like a coverup, people will assume that it *is* a coverup. See? They could have made a half truth, near lie, anything.. ad there you go. I don't think we need a tell-all or anything...

And anyway, would people please stop using 'conspiracy' as a pejorative? It is a real word that actually means something. This *is* a conspiracy. It takes a coordinated effort to keep something like this private. That doesn't mean that it's crazy, but it's also true that the existence of a conspiracy is inconsequencial in this instance. That's all. :)

Uh oh, this looks like a job for the Warren Commission. Do you think THEY will try to cover up the existence of a second pill popper? What about the pill popper on the grassy knoll? And exactly how much did Castro have to do with the whole thing? I would be careful if I were anyone close to this. What if Doak ends up popping 300 pills on his way to testify on the matter? This could get ugly.

Uh oh, this looks like a job for the Warren Commission. Do you think THEY will try to cover up the existence of a second pill popper? What about the pill popper on the grassy knoll? And exactly how much did Castro have to do with the whole thing? I would be careful if I were anyone close to this. What if Doak ends up popping 300 pills on his way to testify on the matter? This could get ugly.

Bah, the warren commission! They'd be just as involved in the conspiracy as the person who *really* pulled the trigger!

My guess is that castro sent some of his pills up here... that's why he seems so miserable right now. It was more important to him to give the program a black eye than it is to feel good. That sneaky jerk.

And anyway, would people please stop using 'conspiracy' as a pejorative? It is a real word that actually means something. This *is* a conspiracy. It takes a coordinated effort to keep something like this private. That doesn't mean that it's crazy, but it's also true that the existence of a conspiracy is inconsequencial in this instance. That's all. :)

New fancy Storebought Word?

Thanks for making me look it up :angry:

Pejorative

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A word or phrase is pejorative if it implies contempt or disapproval. The adjective pejorative is synonymous with derogatory and dyslogistic (noun: dyslogism) (antonyms: meliorative, eulogistic, noun eulogism). Dyslogisms such as "pea-brain" and "bottom-feeder" are words and phrases essentially pejorative by their nature. Although pejorative means much the same thing as disparaging, the latter term may be applied to a look or gesture as well; in the evocative language of gesture, it may not be easy to distinguish a disparaging gesture from a dismissive or merely skeptical one, however.

Pejorative expressions that are not inherently dyslogisms may also be used in a non-pejorative way, however, and determining the intent of the speaker is problematic — as with any implied meaning. Conversely, a common rhetorical ploy is to apply "pejorative" to a factual descriptor — as "toxic" might be applied to poison — and then decry it as "pejorative" to suit the agenda of those defending the substance as harmless.

Not every breath of criticism is pejorative.

Hahahaha :) But I'm going to go back to that they should have said something. Look, there are a lot of different ways to tell the "truth;" I don't really care what the truth is, I, personally, am disappointed in the inept way they handled this situation in the public. If you make something *look* like a coverup, people will assume that it *is* a coverup. See? They could have made a half truth, near lie, anything.. ad there you go. I don't think we need a tell-all or anything...

you have to remember one thing. they (the university) cannot legally say anything reguarding what happened to Marlon because of the HIPPA laws. AR has given great examples of this legaleese earlier in this thread. (thanks AR)

if the university said the hell with the HIPPA laws and released a statement on what happed, damage control as some would call it) only bad would come out of it.

1.) Marlon and his family would be able to sue the University

2.) future recruits would say "Why the hell would I want to go there and have them post my personal business all over the papers and on the internet"

then we would really need to do some damage control.

i understand understand why everyone wants to know what happened. it is called morbid curiosity, kind of like driving by a bad car wreck. you want to look away but you just can't.

sure i would like to know what caused Marlon to end up in the hospital, but I am fine with his asking for us to respect HIS privacy. if MARLON wants everyone to know what happened MARLON will tell us what happened.

as for Doak, who really cares? i didnt even know his name until the article came out that he was fired.

p.s.

i really do not think he had anything to do with BC getting the job at NU.

It is none of our business. The University CAN NOT say anything. Marlon has asked for his privacy to be respected and has said 'Thank you' for respecting his privacy!

Some posters are just, god I don't know, relentless, in their pursuit of what they 'think' should be 'official' response from UNL. What the god damn hell difference does it make if you know what happened? I'll bet you would be feeling differently if this was your son or daughter.

Me, mysef, couldn't care. Although I was really concerned for him when the 'story' broke. However, he is fine. He said so, his family said so and the coaching staff said so. Good enough for me. Just because we are Husker fans, that doesn't mean we have the 'right' to know everything that goes on. Most of it is none of our business. Even if you are a huge donor, doesn't mean you have exclusive rights to personal information on any student or student athete. :rant I'm done now.

Some of you need to get over yourselves and move on.

Pejorative

A word or phrase is pejorative if it implies contempt or disapproval. The adjective pejorative is synonymous with derogatory and dyslogistic (noun: dyslogism) (antonyms: meliorative, eulogistic, noun eulogism). Dyslogisms such as "pea-brain" and "bottom-feeder" are words and phrases essentially pejorative by their nature. Although pejorative means much the same thing as disparaging, the latter term may be applied to a look or gesture as well; in the evocative language of gesture, it may not be easy to distinguish a disparaging gesture from a dismissive or merely skeptical one, however.

Pejorative expressions that are not inherently dyslogisms may also be used in a non-pejorative way, however, and determining the intent of the speaker is problematic — as with any implied meaning. Conversely, a common rhetorical ploy is to apply "pejorative" to a factual descriptor — as "toxic" might be applied to poison — and then decry it as "pejorative" to suit the agenda of those defending the substance as harmless.

Err... thanks for posting the definition of words :) THere are a couple of ways that people can talk about 'conspiracies'... one is to say, simply, that there is a conspiracy like the House Selected Committee on Assassinations did. It only means that more than one person conspired to commit a crime. The other, pejorative sense is when people just say "Oh that's a conspiracy theory" or some other dismissive phrase and incoperate the word "conspiracy" to stand in for "crazy." It's supposed to end the discussion when, quite often, the person using the word doesn't appear to actually know what it means. I just think it's unfortuante when this happens to our language and then that same language is used to paint serious investigators and schizophrenics alike.

Anyway... is this off topic? I think this might officially be 'off topic' now ;)

you have to remember one thing. they (the university) cannot legally say anything reguarding what happened to Marlon because of the HIPPA laws. AR has given great examples of this legaleese earlier in this thread. (thanks AR)

if the university said the hell with the HIPPA laws and released a statement on what happed, damage control as some would call it) only bad would come out of it.

1.) Marlon and his family would be able to sue the University

2.) future recruits would say "Why the hell would I want to go there and have them post my personal business all over the papers and on the internet"

then we would really need to do some damage control.

i understand understand why everyone wants to know what happened. it is called morbid curiosity, kind of like driving by a bad car wreck. you want to look away but you just can't.

sure i would like to know what caused Marlon to end up in the hospital, but I am fine with his asking for us to respect HIS privacy. if MARLON wants everyone to know what happened MARLON will tell us what happened.

as for Doak, who really cares? i didnt even know his name until the article came out that he was fired.

p.s.

i really do not think he had anything to do with BC getting the job at NU.

Okay... hmm... I think we need to get some de-tangler in this thread because there are a few different arguments and it seems like some of the thread's multiple threads are getting crossed, knotted, and conflated.

The first one: "I think XXXX happened to lucky!" -> That one has been settled. Think whatever you want, you don't know, nobody who does is talking. Done.

The Second one: "We, as fans, deserve to know what happend!" vs "No you don't! Jeeze! Shut up!" The latter argument has won that one. You don't deserve to know and have no right to know. The end, that's it. There is no legal obligation and the laws actually protect people like lucky from people like you.

The third is: "They should have said something to curb the two above arguments before they began" vs "You have no right to know." Hasn't really been settled because it's more of a theoretical argument. The response doesn't really address the issue about whether it is better to stop wild speculation from running arond like an idiot on crank. You can't cite anything, but I think this is still an interesting arguement because I, personally, want ot know what people think. Are there any professional PR people here? I've seen PR people get fired for releasing a press release justa little bit too late (and letting the opposing side spin the outcome of a suit their way first which then screwed "my" side... PR people were canned). This seems like the latter case, only the opposition are the people who say crap like "I have it on good authority that he tried to KILL HIMSELF!!" or some other unfounded thing. But we all played telephone in kindergarten, I'm sure... one thing gets picked up here, another there, until the first person gets something back that isn't what he said. Or everything comes full circle and the idiot who starts this stuff hears his own words echoed back to him and it's confirmed, suddenly he has the power of "I heard other people say that htey heard this too!: When he's acutlly just standing in an endless echochamber.

I know we have no right, I know that he can stay private (and good for him!) all he wants. But if this were you and it was up to you to protect the image of the team, would you have wanted to have been able to say something officially? And you do know that PR people don't have to tell the "truth" right? I'm not saying that they should have revealed details... all that they woudl have to do is say a "drug interaction"... that might be one of those catch-alls that would cover a wide range of actual causes... Substance here is irrelavant. This is about how to stop innane speculation, conjecture, and one of those other words that means Made up Schiße.

Pejorative

Err... thanks for posting the definition of words :) THere are a couple of ways that people can talk about 'conspiracies'... one is to say, simply, that there is a conspiracy like the House Selected Committee on Assassinations did. It only means that more than one person conspired to commit a crime. The other, pejorative sense is when people just say "Oh that's a conspiracy theory" or some other dismissive phrase and incoperate the word "conspiracy" to stand in for "crazy." It's supposed to end the discussion when, quite often, the person using the word doesn't appear to actually know what it means. I just think it's unfortuante when this happens to our language and then that same language is used to paint serious investigators and schizophrenics alike.

Anyway... is this off topic? I think this might officially be 'off topic' now ;)

Wow, someone has been putting in some extra credit in English class. :thumbs

Anytime you wanna crawl back to the depths of us intellectually challenged-folk, that'd be super. :sarcasm