They say hindsight is 20/20

Was firing Frank Solich the right move or the wrong move?  

98 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Wow, I think that the only thing that this pole proves is that there are at least ten mental midgets who know how to use the internet. We better start looking out, they might learn how to vote next!!! Although maybe they already got that one figured out.

"pole" "mental midget" :rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin

it is up to 11

The thread about Pedersen is very compelling. It has some very valid points and some absolutely ignorant ideas.

BC vs TO is about the most stupid comparison to ever be made. The only thing they have in common is that they both coached at NU. Osborne may not have had losing records or missed bowl games but he coached in a different era. Today there is way more parity. TO was and is a legend but he is not here anymore. The one mistake he made was being loyal to Solich. To a man, every assistant coach at NU pleaded with TO to reconsider the Solich thing. It says something when your peers dont believe you should have the job.

Do i miss the old days, the option, the power I, HELL YES. However, times have changed and Pedersen had tough decisions to make. Getting rid of Solich was a must. How can anyone side with Solich, HE TOOK A TEAM THAT WAS LOADED WITH TALENT, HAD WON 3 NC IN 4 YEARS (SHOULD HAVE BEEN 4 IN 5 YEARS) AND TURNED IT INTO $HIT. IVE SAID IT BEFORE AND ILL SAY IT AGAIN. ANY 10 OF US ON THIS BOARD SHOULD HAVE BEEN ABLE TO GO OUT AND RECRUIT WHEN SOLICH TOOK OVER, YET WHEN HE LEFT OUR CUPBOARD WAS SO BARE IT WAS SCARY.

How in the hell can any of you come on here with a straight face and complain that Pedersen is an idiot, that Solich should be here, etc.

What goes on behind the doors of the Athletic Department IS NOT OUR BUSINESS. Cally may not lead us to the promise land, but he damn sure has brought us out of the depths of HADES that Frankie Boy left us in.

source - One of Those Assistants, I will not say his name, but it was one of them. 2 actually

Ahh, I see. Totaly credible now! :sarcasm

Move on. Old crap only stinks when you continue to stir it.

I truly dont care what you think, i know what i know. I would never tell you the name of any source, especially this one. I work with him, i drink beer with him, my family goes places with him. Believe what you want i dont care.

I think, Frank Sucked, he was in over his head, he was awful, and if he hadnt left we would be bottom dwellers in the Big 12 North and would have fallen so low that we would never have been able to get out.

You are the type to complain no matter what. It's probably just a matter of time till you start moaning over the loss of Collier and complaing about Sadler due to the fact that our BB team wasnt very good this year. I deal with people like you all the time. Nothing is ever your fault, someone is always screwing you or doing you wrong. when others are doing good you complain simply to bring them down. IMO YOU ARE A CANCER

source - One of Those Assistants, I will not say his name, but it was one of them. 2 actually

Ahh, I see. Totaly credible now! :sarcasm

Move on. Old crap only stinks when you continue to stir it.

I truly dont care what you think, i know what i know. I would never tell you the name of any source, especially this one. I work with him, i drink beer with him, my family goes places with him. Believe what you want i dont care.

I think, Frank Sucked, he was in over his head, he was awful, and if he hadnt left we would be bottom dwellers in the Big 12 North and would have fallen so low that we would never have been able to get out.

You are the type to complain no matter what. It's probably just a matter of time till you start moaning over the loss of Collier and complaing about Sadler due to the fact that our BB team wasnt very good this year. I deal with people like you all the time. Nothing is ever your fault, someone is always screwing you or doing you wrong. when others are doing good you complain simply to bring them down. IMO YOU ARE A CANCER

WOW! :hmmph

What in the world are you ranting about?

I just asked for your sources. I wasn't defending FS. He's gone. You should move on too and quit wasting time stirring up old crap.

Sheesh, Chill Dude!

By the way, I don't follow Basketball.

Solich is gone... period.

Why does this subject keep coming up boggles me.

Okay... Frank gave us some 40 yrs. Never seen a losing season the whole time. Great spunky player who gave us oldtimers a thrill. Seen him come into my neighborhood and completely turn around a Holy Name HS squad who almost won the mythical state championship after only winning 3 or so games in the 5 yrs before. Went to Lincoln SE as a assistant and lo and behold they immediately started a run of domination in Lincoln. Went back to his alter mater and helped them win NCs and send many of young man to the pros. Okay so his HC experienced soured quite a few towards the end.

Still, must we treat him like he stole our girlfriend to this day? After he contributed more in the world of athletics and football in this state than any of us on here? Why can't we celebrate the good things he did do which in my opinion far outweigh a few bad losses we suffered? Why must we continually hold those games over his head?

The man is gone now. Don't know if we should of kept him or not. Wasn't my call. Thought maybe since he had 1 yr left on contract and a new staff he deserved one more yr to prove we were heading in right direction. Then make a decision on his future as HC. Personally I was just as critical of him as I am with Billy Cee, was with T.O. and the Bob father. Point out the good with the bad I say. Still to continually put in knife in the man's back after he is gone is just so wrong...