Spring Game Will Be Televised

I think this is the second year in a row that OU's spring game has been a live broadcast on ESPN. Be that as it may, even though far short of what our adversary down south is doing, I'm still happy we have a little something to gain from, even though it's a delayed broadcast on some obscure network.

Bottom line is, I believe we are falling behind with our current leadership. Maybe I'm just upset because of the continual "greener pastures on the other side of the fence" syndrome. Even though this is something good for Nebraska football, fewer youngsters will be watching on a Saturday evening than they would be on Saturday afternoon during a LIVE broadcast. I realize this arena is a new phenom but ESPN continues this trend with a second visit to Norman. I believe OU's leadership is doing something ours is not and to boot, they boasted a good turnout and viewership of good numbers, even though it was a bad weather day.

A few questions... What university payed positions are responsible for promoting such things? The coach, athletic director, school president, all three and/or others? How does this show as a measuring stick with our current leadership? Are they doing everything they can? Is it merely because OU has been to a BCS bowl 5 of the last 8 years? Are we still that far behind in respect, coming up short, or is it simply indicative of our football programs status? What kind of crowd do we gather on a Saturday in April? Is the average age less than 60? It doesn't seem to be during the games in the fall, so maybe when it's cheap and without seniority status in the spring, more youngsters will be on hand. Maybe we should change things at "old" Memorial during the fall season like this Saturdays "spring game" where the "future" has some stake in the program.

These are just some thoughts on how it seems to me we're not stacking up, yet again. It's all about recruiting the youngsters, and we don't seem to be filling the bill as we did in the past. Just as a personal observation about the last 10 years, I think we seem to be on the middle teet within the rest of the competition. :hmmph

I think this is the second year in a row that OU's spring game has been a live broadcast on ESPN. Be that as it may, even though far short of what our adversary down south is doing, I'm still happy we have a little something to gain from, even though it's a delayed broadcast on some obscure network.

Bottom line is, I believe we are falling behind with our current leadership. Maybe I'm just upset because of the continual "greener pastures on the other side of the fence" syndrome. Even though this is something good for Nebraska football, fewer youngsters will be watching on a Saturday evening than they would be on Saturday afternoon during a LIVE broadcast. I realize this arena is a new phenom but ESPN continues this trend with a second visit to Norman. I believe OU's leadership is doing something ours is not and to boot, they boasted a good turnout and viewership of good numbers, even though it was a bad weather day.

A few questions... What university payed positions are responsible for promoting such things? The coach, athletic director, school president, all three and/or others? How does this show as a measuring stick with our current leadership? Are they doing everything they can? Is it merely because OU has been to a BCS bowl 5 of the last 8 years? Are we still that far behind in respect, coming up short, or is it simply indicative of our football programs status? What kind of crowd do we gather on a Saturday in April? Is the average age less than 60? It doesn't seem to be during the games in the fall, so maybe when it's cheap and without seniority status in the spring, more youngsters will be on hand. Maybe we should change things at "old" Memorial during the fall season like this Saturdays "spring game" where the "future" has some stake in the program.

These are just some thoughts on how it seems to me we're not stacking up, yet again. It's all about recruiting the youngsters, and we don't seem to be filling the bill as we did in the past. Just as a personal observation about the last 10 years, I think we seem to be on the middle teet within the rest of the competition. :hmmph

:wtf:wtf

The NFL Network is the root of everything evil in this world. How can they only cater to dish subscribers? I feel like a turtle with a carrot dangling in front of my face........... :bang
THEY DON'T. COX CABLE CARRIES THE NFL NETWORK.

The NFL Network is the root of everything evil in this world. How can they only cater to dish subscribers? I feel like a turtle with a carrot dangling in front of my face........... :bang

Not having Cox Cable in my area doesn't do me very good. :nanalama

Green Llamas are sweet.

Green Llamas are sweet.

My point was they don't just cater to dish customers.

f__k yeah! This is the best news I've heard all week.

I couldnt agree with that more!!! I cant get enough of the NFL LIVE channel, would only be better if it was in HD with COX. I watched the Combine, Senior Bowl, and Pro Days on it, now this. This channel owns. It a cox channel i think its 247. During the season they even broadcast those obscure thursday games that the major channels dont pick up. As far as affecting the recruiting, dont jump the gun, were Husker fans we will fill that stadium no matter what. Plus it another nationally affiliated station just more credit to the program and the fans. I think this is great personally.

Green Llamas are sweet.

My point was they don't just cater to dish customers.

I know, I'm just bitter my crappy cable service doesn't offer it. :madash

I think it's great that the spring game will be televised, even if on a tape-delay basis. However, I find it interesting that the media was kept out of all spring practices and the team practiced indoors most of the time. However, the whole country, or at least those who get the channel, will now see the Huskers bag of tricks.

Seems to me that allowing the media or even Husker fans to attend practice would not have hurt anything.