RB Jamal Womble

Player: Jamal Womble

Hometown: Orlando, FL

Position: RB

Height: 5’10”

Weight: 207

40 time: 4.47

Visit Date:

Scholarships offered: Boston College, Georgia Tech, Nebraska, North Carolina, Oregon State

Favorites:

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals:

Bid Red Report:

Assessing the talent: Close to 2,000 yards rushing and over 300 yards receiving in the past two seasons.

Odds of Becoming a Cornhusker:

http://recruiting.scout.com/2/637296.html

Jamal Womble, the 5-foot-10, 215 pound running back from Buena High School in Sierra Vista (Ariz.), was born in Germany, but grew up in North Carolina. "My dad is in the military, so we moved around a lot.

"I grew up in North Carolina and lived there for about five years," Womble said. "I go back there all the time and all my family is there."

Womble favors North Carolina slightly over Louisville, Tennessee, Nebraska, Florida State and Arizona State. Of those, Nebraska and Arizona State have offered. He also has offers from Boston College and Oregon State.

"North Carolina saw my tape and said they were really impressed," he said. "They really want me to come to their camp."

He plans to attend camps at Arizona and Arizona State. "Arizona State always seems to have really good players and they have a great strength training program," he said. "They run a good offense and I'm excited about coach Dennis Erickson taking over because I like what's he's done in the past."

This summer Womble also plans to visit several schools unofficially. "I'm going to Louisville this summer," Womble said. "I like the program a lot. Michael Bush has been my favorite running back for the past few years. He's 6-foot-2, 240 pounds and has amazing speed. He's powerful and nobody can stop him. Louisville was also my favorite basketball team and I used to watch them a lot. They really like me and can't wait for me to visit them. I think they're going to offer."

Womble is teammates with Jake Muasau who is being recruited to play wide receiver. "Jake is like a brother to me," Womble said. "We've been friends since I've moved to Arizona. We've talked about playing together in college and it would be great, but we're realistic and we're going to make decisions on our own.

"Nebraska offered both of us and that's the only school so far that we both like. I love their history and they always have a good offensive line and run the ball a lot.

"I want to major in business, so they need to have a good program," he said. "I also want a program with good history that is heading in the right direction. I'd like to play for a stable program where the coaches and players all get along."

Womble finished his junior year with 180 carries for 1250 yards and 15 touchdowns. He benches 370 pounds, squats 510 and has a 34-inch vertical jump.

"I have good size and am very elusive," Womble said. "I can avoid tackles and have great breakaway speed. I can take it in for a score from anywhere on the field, but I still want to improve my initial burst and explosiveness. I want to have a faster first step and work on my blocking."

He reports a 3.0 core GPA and has a 1560 SAT.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

http://story.scout.com/a.z?s=204&p=2&c=653101

Jamal Womble, the 5-foot-10, 215-pound three-star running back from Buena High School in Sierra Vista, Ariz., says he has approximately 15 scholarship offers. He's already scheduled two official visits as recently reported.

Womble's first trip will be to Nebraska on September 16. "I'm talking with the coaches a lot," Womble said. "I like that they've been on the rise and getting back to where they used to be in the 90's. Also, I love their tradition."

He's also planning on visiting South Carolina on November 24. "They've come on really hard recently," Womble said. "They said that if I commit they'll shut down the running back recruiting. I'm the number one back for them. I love the SEC and I like what coach Steve Spurrier has done since he's been there."

This coming weekend (June 24), Womble will be attending the Notre Dame camp and he also plans to attend the North Carolina camp. "Both Notre Dame and North Carolina seem really interested," he said. "They really want to see me at camp and I think they'll probably offer. I love the tradition at Notre Dame and how they develop running backs.

"Also, I'm from North Carolina and all my family lives there, so it would be like going home."

Don't expect for Womble to make a decision any time soon. "I'll wait until after the season," he said. "It probably won't be until January. I'm gonna sit down with my parents and just be very systematic about it. We're going to list all the pros and cons and go through everything."

Womble said he favors South Carolina and Nebraska slightly over Notre Dame, North Carolina and Arizona State. The Irish and Tar Heels have not offered him yet, but he also has offers from Wisconsin, Washington State, Purdue, Northwestern, Duke, Indiana, Illinois, Central Florida, Nevada, Utah, Boston College and Oregon State.

"I'm going to take some unofficial visits to Duke, Wake Forest, North Carolina State and North Carolina during the summer," Womble said.

He reports a 3.0 core GPA and a 1560 SAT.

• 1 month later...

Linky:

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news?slug=ri...tory_recruiting

He is still set to visit us but looks like other schools are taking the lead and looks like he will visit 4 schools...also likely there will not be room for him? :dunno

yeah if he wants to play running back, he might be looking at Okafor and Gray and think it will be a little to much competition. and if that is the case then so be it

• 1 month later...