why????

If we lose to Mizzou, so be it.

As long as the Tigers don't COLLAPSE for the remainder of their season.

:yeah

Couldn't agree more.

Rough four game stretch starting with Mizzou at Columbia.......Oklahoma State and Texas A&M at home, then to Austin to face UT. That month will make or break our season. I think the Mizzou win is going to be worth twice as much considering the momentum it will build for the rest of the year.

if we are worried about beating Missouri and Okie State have some of us already tempered our expectations for this season or is reality setting in? if we expect to be a contender again for national recognition and a BCS game, we sure as hell better not lose these 2 games. getting beat by USC and UT would not be unexpected or a disgrace by any means, but everyone else, at least in the BIG 12 (outside maybe OU) better be a W or this journey back is going to be longer than we think.

if we are worried about beating Missouri and Okie State have some of us already tempered our expectations for this season or is reality setting in? if we expect to be a contender again for national recognition and a BCS game, we sure as hell better not lose these 2 games. getting beat by USC and UT would not be unexpected or a disgrace by any means, but everyone else, at least in the BIG 12 (outside maybe OU) better be a W or this journey back is going to be longer than we think.

If that aint clear and consice enough for you what is?!?!?!

Also concerned about KU on the road. We have had problems down in Lawrence...

We also have to be better vs those south division teams. If we win only 1 of 3 there (which is the best we have done in the BC era). Lose to either WF or USC. Then lose one of the division games (KU or a Mizzou). Then there is the CC game and a bowl game. Lose one of those and we are right back where we were last season with a 5 loss season.

I wonder what the reaction will be in the Big Red nation?

I think it will be important that NU wins a couple of big games where we might be a underdog for the current staff. We are at the crossroads in the Callahan reign and its imparative that we show improvement or a bigger division in the Husker nation ensues. 4 and 5 loss seasons are just alright around here at best. Alright doesn't fly long among Big Red faithful.

a poster on another board had a pretty good take on the debate about NU vs MU for the division. Overall, we should be stronger than we were last year. Meanwhile, MU for all apperances comes back about the same (no major upgrades on O and a lot of losses to an unspectacular D). There's only one thing that really changes in their favor from last year to this year: that the game is in Columbia.

This isn't to say that MU can't do it. if you look at are records from last year, we were 6-2 while they were 4-4. if you flip the meeting between us, then we are both 5-3 with them holding the tie breaker. Given our struggles at Mizzou, it's not outrageous to say they can do it. But i first look at who is the better team, and based on the above, i'd say that is us.

This just in...ESPN has picked UNI to win the Big XX East in 2025. How could they do such a thing??? (This does of course only happen if UNI goes to D-1, they join the Big XII which will by then have 19 teams and therefore be the Big XX, and the Big XX separates into North, South, East & West divisions.)

I can't believe that they are not giving us credit for the class of recruits coming in 2024. Don't they know that Eric Crouch's son will be leading the offense with Johnny Rodgers Grandson in the backfield??? No justice.