M. Parrault was listening

:asshat : Perrault WAS listening Reply

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Of course I was listening. I have said many times that I read just about anything that mentions my name that I can find online. I don't respond to things unless I'm wrongly quoted or called out. I came on here because of that reason with the Coach Darlington interview.

I did read what was written on here and I wanted to make sure that my audience knew what were trying to do with the story. I've played the clip of what happened with Tommie and Co. and you can listen to the entire thing on line with our podcast to support the fact that I said nothing to provoke the response.

I made that statement in order to explain what were doing and to make sure a few internet blowhards didn't start a story that wasn't true.

This post was edited on 4/20 7:04 PM by Sportstalkmatt590

((( Ya like he is really objective when discussing the huskers )))

I'm sure most of you are familiar with who Matt Perrault, so I won't explain that one.

But what the original poster is referring to is Perrault's interview with George Darlington the other day. I forget the question Perrault asked Coach Darlington, but it was basically a baiting question to bash the athletic department. Instead, Coach Darlington showed examples of how Coach Osborne was almost ran off, how Bill Byrne was almost ran off, etc., and how this is similar.

A poster on HI (the free board) brought this up to make fun of Perrault because his backhanded comments didn't work how he wanted with Coach Darlington. Perrault responded in that thread and some back and forth posts ensued.

Kinda funny stuff.

Just go to HI and sort through the Perrault stuff. You will find the thread on the front page rather easy.

George Darlington on Matt Perrault's show today Reply

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Perrault was trying to bait him with this question. "Have you ever seen the program so divided over an AD? I mean, isn't the AD somebody who everyone usually likes?"

Darlington said "not at all. Bob Devaney got a load of grief for hiring a Christian coach. People wanted his head and said Osborne wouldn't last. Hell, the fans almost ran us all out of here in '76. We almost ended up in Colorado. About 85% there as I recall. Also, there were a lot of people who didn't like Bill Byrne. A LOT of people. You just can't listen to those people. Pederson is doing a fine job and the fans should appreciate him."

"you just shouldn't listen to those people"

Words to live by.

sorry but this is what Parrault was refering to and the next post down Im slow ok.

Johnny Rodgers was on after Darlington (posted by sweetkorn ) Johnny says the players need to do more, the allumni, everyone needs to work together to bring back the unity. Maybe they need more funds for programs to hold things together.

Perrault asked him (Rogers) which golf tournament he played at.

Johnny said he played at the Callahan tournament. He wished more of the old players would have been there. He says to take pride in Nebraska and support the programs.

Now asking Johnny about Steve Pederson....What needs to be done to unite the fans.

Johnny said win.

He said it isn't Pederson's job to bring them together. It should be the former players and allums responsibility to come together. He said Callahan has always welcomed him back to visit. As far as he knows he's always welcomed players back.

After Rogers hung up, Perrault says Johnny is wrong in his opinion. Too bad he (Perrault) didn't say that to his face or even when he had him on the phone. What a coward

Johnny Rodgers was on after Darlington (posted by sweetkorn ) Johnny says the players need to do more, the allumni, everyone needs to work together to bring back the unity. Maybe they need more funds for programs to hold things together.

Johnny said he played at the Callahan tournament. He wished more of the old players would have been there. He says to take pride in Nebraska and support the programs.

Now asking Johnny about Steve Pederson....What needs to be done to unite the fans.

Johnny said win.

He said it isn't Pederson's job to bring them together. It should be the former players and allums responsibility to come together. He said Callahan has always welcomed him back to visit. As far as he knows he's always welcomed players back.

After Rogers hung up, Perrault says Johnny is wrong in his opinion. Too bad he (Perrault) didn't say that to his face or even when he had him on the phone. What a coward

Wow, a former player with significant clout supports Callahan and cites the good treatment he has had from him. Unbelievable.

Johnny said win.

Wow, a former player with significant clout supports Callahan and cites the good treatment he has had from him. Unbelievable.

of course the treat johnny good, he raises tons of money for the athletic department, and he has nothing better to do.

Oh Matt boy has done a lot in Nebraska. Personally due his radio program I now despise, Creighton, Tom Brady, the Patriouts, the Red sox, the Qwest Center and am rapidly loosing interest in the colleg world series. I've recently switched to listengin to 1480 "Regular Joe Sports Show" thanks to Matt. What a guy? The best part is a Husker fan called in and said he was once a Husker and Creighton fan and now roots for the Huskers and anybody playing Creighton. Matt was proud that he causes such division in the state. He felt he was the cause of a rivalry in the state. It's funny though because while OU has historically been on of the Huskers biggest rivalries many Husker fans root for them except when they are playing Nebraska. Matt doesn't understand the difference between rivalry and dislike of your opponent.

Matt has done a good job of promoting: Tom Brady as the best QB ever, The Pats as the best team ever and that the only teams in MLB that are any good have former Red Sox players on them. The rest simply will not be in contention for post season honors..........and yes Alabama is the best college football program ever, they have the best fans, the best traditions and treat all former players as gods.

of course the treat johnny good, he raises tons of money for the athletic department, and he has nothing better to do.

So let me get this straight. One former player says he's unhappy with the atheltic department for some reason and it's OMG TEH TRUTH!@!!. Another former player says he's happy and he's just "in bed" with the AD so it's not a surprise?

Is anyone else getting this trash?

Thanks to the likes of Jim Rome and even ESPN every sportscaster in the nation thinks they have to be controversial. They'll never take things at face value and they'll always try to create and promote controversy. They get off on "telling it like it is" when in reality its usually nothing more than an uninformed opinion.

Unfortunately, since they have access to players and coaches like few others, their crap carries enough weight that some people buy into it. I don't assume everything is rosy and great in huskerland but I imagine most of these guys know who likes Cally and Pedey and which ones don't. Heck all they have to do is see who went to which golf tournament. They'll talk to the anti-Pederson crew and do what they can to stir things up.

The one thing that always puzzled me though, is why some people are hoping BC will fail. He never did anything to this program, he was just the coach that was hired. It seems to me that regardless of how you feel about Pederson, if you're really a husker fan you'd be hoping and praying that BC was the right man for the job. Personally I think that speaks to the maturity and intelligence of the anti-BC crew out there.

***SNIP***

The one thing that always puzzled me though, is why some people are hoping BC will fail. He never did anything to this program, he was just the coach that was hired. It seems to me that regardless of how you feel about Pederson, if you're really a husker fan you'd be hoping and praying that BC was the right man for the job. Personally I think that speaks to the maturity and intelligence of the anti-BC crew out there.

That's an excellent point. Callahan accepted a job offer, and whether you like the way he does things, he seems to want to re-establish the program. Unfortunately for Callahan, he's being smeared with the same brush that people are using on Pederson. Add to that the change in the offense, and, well...