Big 12's best receiving tandem

that is kind of surprising. Nunn doesn't seem to be that great to me. He has trouble holding on to the ball.... he does have a lot of experience, this year he will be OK if he can just catch the ball!

I think Purify will wind up being one of the best receivers in the country by the end of the season. The first NFL caliber WR to come out of NU for well....a long ass time.

PS - looks like nunn has a beer belly.

I disagree, T-Nun is quite good for his size. He runs great routes.

Nunn does run great routes and knows how to get open, he just doesn't hang onto the ball. I'd like to see him put it together for his senior year.

IMO, Todd Peterson is going to emerge as the next best WR after Purify. He's tall, gets open, and catches the ball well. He's also going to be overlooked early with Purify, Nunn, and Swift getting the attention.

I concur. Everyone overlooks Peterson because he was a walk-on, a WR from NE, didnt have 4 stars from Rivals. I call shenanigans. This guy has been clutch and catches the ball damned near everytime it was thrown to him. Tall and strong, also is one of the better blocking WR's we have.

Dont forget about Erickson either. IIRC, he had a couple of CLUTCH catches during the A&M game to keep that winning drive alive.

Peterson is also faster than people think he is. He isnt just a big slow white guy. He should be one of our better kept secrets.

Look at "the drive" at the Texas aTm game. He was damn near the only receiver that helped get us down the field. He caught nearly every ball except the game winner.

Speaking of Purify, He loves his bowling. I see him at Sun Valley at least once a week. Apparently he started a couple years ago and has already bowled a 300.

Pic of him and some of my friends:

n17219777317122057186ok1.jpg

I need to go there more. I bet he'd embarass me if I challenged him to a game.

Back to the topic...This year should be fun. With Keller ( ;) ) throwing it around to those guys (and Petersen, Swift, etc.). I wish I could fast forward to September.

***SNIP***

Speaking of Purify, He loves his bowling. I see him at Sun Valley at least once a week. Apparently he started a couple years ago and has already bowled a 300.

Pic of him and some of my friends:

n17219777317122057186ok1.jpg

To hell with him - who's the blonde?

Thats my friend Tara. She used to bartend at Main Street till about a week ago. (....goes of and cries because I can't get free drinks anymore)

Purify is a beast and will be all conference this year, Nunn is good but he's still not consistent enough to be a 3rd down option IMO.

Nunn caught more passes than anyone on the team last season. We will see much better NFL caliber receivers work their way through the program but for the most part Nunn has been very reliable.

I suppose there is some controversy who is the best brace of receivers, but there is no doubt that Mizzou has the best brace of tight ends with Coffman and Rucker.

Rucker should been a Husker.

Because Frank didn't go and get him. :angry:

Wow 2 tight ends with no rings???????????? :rollin:rollin:rollin

I suppose there is some controversy who is the best brace of receivers, but there is no doubt that Mizzou has the best brace of tight ends with Coffman and Rucker.

Rucker should been a Husker.

Because Frank didn't go and get him. :angry:

Wow 2 tight ends with no rings???????????? :rollin:rollin:rollin

Is there a runner-up ring for the Big 12? If so, some ring!

like ted gilmore was saying during the spring, I worry about the inconcistency of our WR's (besides Purify). Let's not forget, Peterson dropped 2 easy balls on "THE DRIVE" at A&M, Swift and Nunn tend to drop the easy ones (but Swift always seems to make the acrobatic catch...?). i hate to bring this up, but no matter what Nunn does for his senior year (he could be all-american and it wouldn't change), he will always be remembered for his fumble against Texas.

Contrare to what i was saying above, I love our WR's. I'm from Minnesota and Nate Swift is my favorite Husker. I remember watching him and Lydon Murtha play at the Metrodome for the State Championship.

I agree, i would love to see Peterson move to tight end, allowing Frantz Hardy to get more playing time.