Purify in trouble?

probably too early to get any confirmation, this being Sunday and all.

but if true, you got to wonder why the hell can't kids stay out of trouble? it is not just here, it is at ever college. it just never seems to end. so disappointing.

Sad but true. Its everywhere Pac-10, ACC, Big-10, Big East, etc. and getting worse. Just as our society's standards slide, so we must expect it from the individuals in that society. It's almost impossible to weed out the bad apples (if that is the case here), throughout football land because there are so many bad apples today. Paris Hilton is a good example of the rot in our society. Its so sad when you want to be associated with a class organization.

it really is, as you said rampant everywhere. best policy is for ALL coaches, everywhere to throw the bums out. best way to deal with it and get it stopped is bust their careers. unfortunately, it is all about winning in college ball and the hell with doing what is right. i applaud callahan for doing what is right!

:yeah If you meant it :)

I understand bar conflicts, but make no mistake, if you play for NU, you should NEVER be putting yourself in this situation, because guess what? EVERYONE IS WATCHING YOU. Whether you like it or not, you are on a soapbox representing the school, the city, the state, not to mention tons of little guys that wear your jersey and want to catch passes and be like you when they're older. Being a bar-rat and deciding someone needs their ass kicked or worse because your boy didn't get into a freaking bar, god forbid, Very much questions your integrity. And it sounds like there was a WEEK in between this happening? How the hell do you NOT let this go??? And then you hit a girl?!?! And THEN won't cuff up with the police after you've already made WAY too many mistakes?

Maybe Mr. Purify should spend the fall in A.A. and Anger Management classes, not to mention sitting in on some battered women's discussion groups, before he DOES wind up being a talented waste like LP or Farley.

I stopped caring about this man's talent on the field the minute I had heard what he had done off it. Hopefully he can change his lifestyle, be a real man, and get it together. A slap on the wrist on the field isn't going to get that accomplished.

Classic knucklehead move...

Police report says he resisted arrest. Not going to win that one.

As for hitting a girl... did she hit him first? If so... let her have it I say. (Never have bought the you don't hit women thing. If she attacks you... she is game, self defense. Where I grew up... a woman will kill you just as quick as a man. You can bet Purify was around the same growing up too.)

Why get so upset over something as petty as going into a bar? Especially if you have so much at stake based on your actions while attending the U?

The players need to stay out of those places period. Just make em off limits. Or at least have a list of places blacklisted for players. This stuff happens too often in Lincoln and new measures need to be taken to help alleviate problems of this nature in the future. I know when I served, every base I went to they had a blacklist of places off limits. Works great.

honostly I dont think this is a very big deal... I mean seriously think of what it was, he got angry at a guy in a bar and fought him. The charges and all the crap makes it sound worse than it was. Purify will still be on the team, MAYBE get a 1 game suspension and asked by BC to do some extra charity stuff, but he will still be a husker.

Not a big deal? Apparently he went somewhere to settle a score regarding an incident from a week before. Sounds to me like he was LOOKING FOR TROUBLE. And he found it.

Even just taking football out of the whole equation, its in the best intrest of Purify to remain in college and BC knows that. If BC kicked him off the team, Purify will probably not finish college and find himself in worse siuations than this. BC will give him a talk and set him straight. Purify has already made such good strides for becoming a better person, for what he's had to go through that theres no doubt in my mind BC will give him a second chance for one stupid decision.

Yeah, that approach worked well for Lawrence Phillips. His ass should be gone, and if it's not, it's because Callahan knows he is on the hot seat next year and needs to win at all costs.

2 Penn State players to stand trial

By GENARO C. ARMAS, AP Sports Writer

May 4, 2007

AP - May 4, 4:25 pm EDT

More Photos

BELLEFONTE, Pa. (AP) -- Two Penn State football players were ordered to stand trial Friday after authorities said they were involved in an off-campus fight, while charges were dismissed against four other players.

it will be interesting to see how this one turns out with the Penn State guys. wonder how Paterno will handle this one?

obviously something similiar could take place with Purify as far as formal charges.

May 4, 2007

More Photos

BELLEFONTE, Pa. (AP) -- Two Penn State football players were ordered to stand trial Friday after authorities said they were involved in an off-campus fight, while charges were dismissed against four other players.

it will be interesting to see how this one turns out with the Penn State guys. wonder how Paterno will handle this one?

obviously something similiar could take place with Purify as far as formal charges.

Ask yourself this. King {who is one of their big stars} started with multiple charges, had them all dropped. You think maybe a lot of local and alumni pressure was in on this?

May 4, 2007

More Photos

Ask yourself this. King {who is one of their big stars} started with multiple charges, had them all dropped. You think maybe a lot of local and alumni pressure was in on this?

maybe? don't know how "manipulated" the system is back east?

Folks sure are quick to come to conclusions based on hearsay and newspaper accounts. However, it is at best unwise for these kids to be going to bars where they know fights are going to occur, and then to be uncooperative with the cops...dumb.

I had a friend in grad school who was stopped for DUI. When the cop was questioning him, my friend raised his arms from his side and took a step toward the cop. Before my friend knew what happened he was on the ground being cuffed. Can't blame the cop, but my friend had no intention of harming the him, but even giving the appearance of resisting is a concern. Let's see, an Aftrican American kid from LA where the cops have a bad reputation, especially in the Aftrican American community. Not making excuses. All I'm saying, is wait and see how this thing plays out. I'd rather wait to hear the whole story which I trust is what BC will do before taking any action.

Hopefully, it's not as bad as it appears.

May 4, 2007

More Photos

maybe? don't know how "manipulated" the system is back east?

Doesn't JoePA have ties to the mafia?? There you go. ;)

Folks sure are quick to come to conclusions based on hearsay and newspaper accounts. However, it is at best unwise for these kids to be going to bars where they know fights are going to occur, and then to be uncooperative with the cops...dumb.

I had a friend in grad school who was stopped for DUI. When the cop was questioning him, my friend raised his arms from his side and took a step toward the cop. Before my friend knew what happened he was on the ground being cuffed. Can't blame the cop, but my friend had no intention of harming the him, but even giving the appearance of resisting is a concern. Let's see, an Aftrican American kid from LA where the cops have a bad reputation, especially in the Aftrican American community. Not making excuses. All I'm saying, is wait and see how this thing plays out. I'd rather wait to hear the whole story which I trust is what BC will do before taking any action.

Hopefully, it's not as bad as it appears.

callahan is going to get the same police report everyone else (in the PD) will hear/see. if it is tainted one way or the other, it won't matter as that will be on the record, no matter what he said/she said. he will undoubtedly get a story from MO too, but i think there is too much going on here that Mo could have chosen another direction and probably avoided the incident entirely (the build up to the incident will be telling as well), but i hope things work out for him.

I cannot believe that some of you are actually sticking up for him and saying he should remain as a starter. He should be booted if any of this is true. It is the right thing to do. If it were a CU or KSU player you guys would be demanding that he be kicked off the team. Granted that I know that they hardly have anyone who resembles a star player for CU or KSU.

Here's the deal..................he got into a fight.

I don't think you should be booted for that. Suspended if anything. But not for getting into a fight.

Hmmmm...there is a distinction to be made, and a very significant one, if the early reports are correct. A "heat of the moment" fight is one thing, but what amounts to a premeditated attack that occurs approximately a week after the incident that precipitated the fight is quite another.

Put another way - and, again, assuming the early facts are correct - he had ample opportunity to reflect on this and to come to the realization that he should have stayed out of the situtation. That he did not is a far worse indicator of behavior than one who starts brawling when the perceived "insult" is first delivered. The former is a considered, deliberate, planned response; the latter is a moment of passion that overwhelms reason.

I don't think you should be booted for that. Suspended if anything. But not for getting into a fight.

Hmmmm...there is a distinction to be made, and a very significant one, if the early reports are correct. A "heat of the moment" fight is one thing, but what amounts to a premeditated attack that occurs approximately a week after the incident that precipitated the fight is quite another.

Put another way - and, again, assuming the early facts are correct - he had ample opportunity to reflect on this and to come to the realization that he should have stayed out of the situtation. That he did not is a far worse indicator of behavior than one who starts brawling when the perceived "insult" is first delivered. The former is a considered, deliberate, planned response; the latter is a moment of passion that overwhelms reason.

It's still a fight. Have you heard of a player getting booted off a team for an altercation?? Maybe for repeated incidents.

When a reporter writes "Player involved in altercation at bar." it does not seem as bad. This is the same case, an altercation involving a player at bar....but in this case, it goes into details and to the public.......it sounds a lot worse than just "player involved in altercation."

If this was Mo's 2nd or 3rd offense, than yeah BOOT HIM.

Bingo. End of story.