Straight from MOs police report

So who's lying? Other people have described the situation differently.

While some details may differ, I have yet to hear the side of the story that says Mo did nothing wrong.

Well no, of course not. All accounts have him doing something wrong, however, there's a difference between punching a guy four or five times, and punching a woman vs pushing the guy over a table and knocking a woman over because she got in the way.....

Either way, he screwed up. It doesn't help that there are people in Lincoln that despise football players and actually TRY to get them in trouble. I am not saying that's what happened here (although there are reports that Josh was taunting Mo), but it does happen.

This is the same police affidavit that was discussed at length last week. The arresting affidavit is nothing more than the police showing probable cause for the arrest and why the boy and girl pressed charges against Maurice.

Of course it isn't going to sound good for Mo -- it isn't supposed to in this report.

So who's lying? Other people have described the situation differently.

While some details may differ, I have yet to hear the side of the story that says Mo did nothing wrong.

Well no, of course not. All accounts have him doing something wrong, however, there's a difference between punching a guy four or five times, and punching a woman vs pushing the guy over a table and knocking a woman over because she got in the way.....

Either way, he screwed up. It doesn't help that there are people in Lincoln that despise football players and actually TRY to get them in trouble. I am not saying that's what happened here (although there are reports that Josh was taunting Mo), but it does happen.

You have got to be kidding me aren't you? I was in college back in the hayday of NU Football. Terrell Farley, the night he was arrested, was pulled over and taken home by a police officer. His car was left along the curb. The officer told him to leave the car there until the next morning. An hour and a half later, he was pulled over again. It was the second time he was arrested for DUI. The Peters brothers basically drug women by their hair back to their caves like cavemen. The girls were leaned on by police officers and no formal charges were made. As far as I remember it, Williams wasn't even arrested after shooting bullets down "O" Street.

If there are people who despise football players and actually do get them in trouble, then I guess a lot has changed in the past decade in Lincoln. I guess they actually have to start killing people before they should have to worry about the law.

Bottomline...

No matter what actually transpired. Who started it... who fault is whos...

You broke team rules. Got drunk... got into a fight... spent a drunken night in jail. I'm sure the guys have repeatedly been warned about staying out of situations like this.

Some type of punishment is in order me thinks. No matter the outcome in the eyes of the law.

Most coaches have a "Don't Be Stupid" rule - don't do anything to embarass the school, that sort of thing. I have to agree with Sugalean - regardless of the criminal case outcome, Mo put himself into a bad situation - one he and the team has no doubt been cautioned against. I would suspect a suspension of some sort - the extent will probably be decided on factors in additon to the actual event.