50 Most Devastating Sports Hits

I posted this elsewhere and I thought I'd see if this joggged a few memories here. A station in Chicago that carries "The Best Damn Sports Show" had a "50 Most Devastating Sports Hits" segment last night. It may have seen show before so maybe some of you have seen it. I remember in hit in an OU game (1978) by John Rudd (last name sound familiar) that I thought was as good or better than some in the countdown. It knocked the OU punt receiver out cold and separated him from the ball--but the ref called "no fumble." Anyone else see the segment or remember the hit?

That was definitely a better hit than a few they had above that one on that show. I've seen that episode before. One I thought should have gotten honorable mention (at least from a Husker standpoint) was in 2003 when Fabian Washington just LEVELED that CU receiver and he didn't get the ball or anything. It was great, just BAM!!! And Fabian was just like "oops, sorry" haha, I loved it!

Anyone else remember that?

That was one of the sickest hits I'd ever seen, also don't forget the hit Dean Steinkuhler layed on OU during Johnny Rodgers opening play kick return TD in the '71 NU/OU Thanksgiving game.

That hit, though maybe not the most vicious hits ever, was one of the most Beautiful things I've ever seen.

Dean Steinkuhler was 11 years old in 71. He played 80-83.

I do remember the hit by Ruud(well, I have seen it on tape, I wasn't alive in 78).

I'm guessing the majority of the big hits were defensive guys laying out an offensive player. But I still love this one:

Crouch lowers his shoulder on the 10 and the guy lands on the 5....motionless.

That's a great one. Scott Frost laying out an A&M player on an end around in the '97 Big 12 Championship was pretty sweet too.