07 expectations what are they?...........

What do you expect from the 07 team.

I personally expect the team to improve from year to year, with this year being no different.

I see 11-2 , 10-3 at worst with Cally finally getting that "big" win.

As for improvement, I think this team will be significantly better than last years.

QB - Kellers not Taylor, he is a more athletic, stronger armed, more skilled player - improvement

RB - Lucky is not a downgrade for sure and has the ability to far surpass anything BJax did. Glenn will be a nice fill in and situational runner - equal to improved

WR - Same WR with more experience, plus some young guns ready to contribute, plus Niles Paul. Experience alone makes this group improved, add a better QB that can make all the throws and this position is solid. - Improved

OL - Again, experience alone makes this group better. Murtha moving to the Right side finally seems to put him in a comfort zone. Nicks is a beast and Byford has really improved. The guard have a lot of depth with experience. This line has potential to be the best in several years. IMPROVED

DL. - I truly think we are better inside on the line. Suh is awesome, much better than the 2 starters last year. Steinkuhler, barfield, the beast, and the new additions make this group very good IMO. the ends are down obviously, but Turner is a better player potentially than Moore. I think the ends will hold their own due to improvements in the rest of the D - overall Weaker than Last year.

LB - McKeon should bounce back after an off year and return to the 05 McKeon. Ruud moving to Sam fits him better and also allows Octo to be on the field at all times. This group has experience and will be more athletic than in past years. Octo has big time playmaking ability, something we didnt have last year. Brandenburgh can spell each position without losing too much. This group should be better simply due to Octo being on the field the whole game. Overall - Slightly Improved. Ruud is still on the field and McKeon is not a star.

DB - Shanle is gone. We are automatically better. Wilson has improved to the point where he is getting a shot at starting. Asante will be a star someone that opposing WR are afraid of. Green gets to finally play his most natural position where his speed can be utilized. Our Safeties are much improved. at the CB position it gets hairy. Grixby is a great athlete but too small. He once again has gone from a Nickel back to a starter. Jones should be much more in tune with the speed of D1 football. Murillo has played well so far and having the spring to play will help him immensely. It sounds like Bowman will make it back and he is a superstar. Overall Slightly Improved due to a little more depth and experience. Thenarse helps in any spot if we can find him a place on the field

Special teams. - Improved only cuz it cant be worse really. Kunalic (sp?) will help simply cuz we will be able to attempt 40 yard FG now

I really only see 2-3 losses even with our schedule. Any more and it will be disappointing to me.

This analysis obviously excludes potential injuries etc.

Lets hear your thoughts.

I am the new guy here but I am high on expectations.

My rule of thumb is that we will be undefeated every year. Until we play games on the field, I will be proven wrong. I am a die-hard Husker fan and, until the TEAM proves me wrong, we will never lose a future game.

We will go 14-0 this year. You gotta believe!

Good analyst landonhusker.

Overall we will field a better team, but we will play a much more difficult schedule.

Still we will improve, our secondary will be better on defense, which was our biggest concern last season.

On offense we will be much better. Keller checks off his receivers better than Taylor did, and he has a heck of an accurate arm, even far down field. I think his reputation as a gunslinger is somewhat undeserved and based on the USC game where he was instructed to make passes he normally wouldn't.

MAJOR CONCERN: Special teams. We need to make huge improvements over last season and the new rule changes could throw a wrench into the situation.

I say 12 - 2, and we win the Big 12 and finally make it back to the BCS.

I expect us to go 12-2, with a win in the big 12 championship game against Texas.

I love our depth at QB, because (knock on wood) if Keller were to get hurt, i would have complete confidence in Joe Ganz. I worry about our RB depth. I wonder if Major Culbert will stay at RB for this season. you always have to worry about relying on freshman RB's who have never stepped foot on the practice field (Roy Helu and Quentin Castille). I can only hope Bowman will be able to return for the USC game. If he isnt back by then, we have no chance against the Trojans, you can't expect Jones and/or Grixby to cover another 6'5 WR (Patrick Turner).

GO BIG RED

Okay, I see us as slightly improving over last year's win-loss record. We'll loss three or four games. I hope that we don't lose more than 4. Missouri is really the only competition we have in the B12 North next year, so I think we will repeat as B12 N Champs. The "Big Win", I hope, comes in the B12 Championship Game. Keller hasn't played a down yet, but I'm confident that the offense will continue to be potent. Defensively, I have a lot of questions. Anyway, in terms of expectations, I think that a reasonable step-up for the program is to win the B12 Championship Game. Our schedule is tough, so if the Huskers can win the B12, they have demonstrated, in my book, that they are a top program.

There are quite a few expectations I have for this season, but one of the biggest ones is:

Firing on all cylinders during the ENTIRE game. I don't want to see a slow down point, or a dull point, that is noticeable over the course of the season. I want to see the offense AND THE DEFENSE (especially) blasting and firing away every play of every quarter, of every game. That is huge, we need to put the hurt on teams and not let up. No more of this going up 17-0 and losing.

Win the division again of course. Be nice to win the conference but I don't think it is a must. We do need to improve upon a 5 loss season.

Need to make a bowl, win that and make sure we are ranked at the end.

So be ranked once again at the end is my biggest expectation. We wern't last yr and barely the yr before.

My expectations are that we play every game. Win the ones we can, but be competitive in the ones we don't. Too many things decide games, more than talent and coaching, you have to have a lot of luck to knock off the top programs.

Talent for talent we are not close to Texas or SC. Coaching I think better than Texas and we will see after the SC game. My belief is that we have one of the best coaches in the country, but he is still learning the college trade.

I expect this team to win the North, barring major injuries.

I think we lose to Texas at home, and may just squeak by SC at our house. Toss up at the CCG.

But I am not forgeting Texas A&M by any means. We have some very tough games this year. More so than last. I am going to the Missouri game. That always seem to be a tough place for us to win lately. I do not expect much change. It will be a tough game.

11-3 is my guess, but it could be better if everything jells, or it could be a lot worse with key injuries. I think we will have major problems at running back this year. I just do not see Lucky being the back that some expect him to be. Glen is always hurt it seems. The new kids will not have their legs under them yet. If Brandon had stayed we would have been a lot stronger and I would feel a lot better about our RB situation.

My expectations are that we play every game. Win the ones we can, but be competitive in the ones we don't. Too many things decide games, more than talent and coaching, you have to have a lot of luck to knock off the top programs.

Talent for talent we are not close to Texas or SC. Coaching I think better than Texas and we will see after the SC game. My belief is that we have one of the best coaches in the country, but he is still learning the college trade.

I expect this team to win the North, barring major injuries.

I think we lose to Texas at home, and may just squeak by SC at our house. Toss up at the CCG.

But I am not forgeting Texas A&M by any means. We have some very tough games this year. More so than last. I am going to the Missouri game. That always seem to be a tough place for us to win lately. I do not expect much change. It will be a tough game.

11-3 is my guess, but it could be better if everything jells, or it could be a lot worse with key injuries. I think we will have major problems at running back this year. I just do not see Lucky being the back that some expect him to be. Glen is always hurt it seems. The new kids will not have their legs under them yet. If Brandon had stayed we would have been a lot stronger and I would feel a lot more better about our RB situation.

skers is pretty close here. the D will determine how good we will be ultimately along with special teams, which just MUST improve. Glenn is carrying some sort of nagging injury not likely to subside and Lucky has durability issues too. running back will be a crap shoot at best. Keller will play well most of the time and who knows how the receivers will turn out?? could easily be a repeat of last year's record, but i am hoping for improvement.

There are quite a few expectations I have for this season, but one of the biggest ones is:

Firing on all cylinders during the ENTIRE game. I don't want to see a slow down point, or a dull point, that is noticeable over the course of the season. I want to see the offense AND THE DEFENSE (especially) blasting and firing away every play of every quarter, of every game. That is huge, we need to put the hurt on teams and not let up. No more of this going up 17-0 and losing.

Have to agree. I’m not so hung up on wins and losses as I am on effort and desire. Show me that – I can see the recruiting improving, so with execution and effort we will eventually see the wins coming.

By no means am I saying that we shouldn’t expect a great year – we should win the North and we should have a legitimate shot at the Big XII title game, and thus a BCS bowl. But with injuries, luck and other factors having to be taken into consideration, you simply can’t give a number of wins as a successful season; too much can happen…

i still feel that callahan needs that "big win" this year. we must win at least one versus USC, Texas, and/or (knock on wood) the big 12 championship game.

That is my expectation for this year, to get that big win.

go big red

You may be right. However, I tend to think that a “big win” isn’t a “must” so long as progress is shown. So far, we’ve seen progress in each year – both on the field and in recruiting. So long as we continue to see that, I think that everyone can see that it will just be a matter of time until the “big win” actually happens.