Purify VS Talib

The best Receiver vs Cornerback match-up will happen when the Huskers travel to Lawrence, KS. I can't wait to see these two go at it. Aqib Talib is a preseason All-American, and early projections have him being selected as the #5 pick in the draft (see si.com). And everyone knows how strong and athletic Purify is.

I can't wait to see these two do battle. :boxosoap

I can't wait to find out if Purify is still a husker.

The people that I worry about have moved on to the NFL. Most of them from Texas. As I look at Oklahoma, Texas, and Texas A&M, I only see Nic Harris from Oklahoma as a safety who can disrupt the passing game. But he is a Safety.

Please tell me that a 6'2" 180 lb. corner can cover a 6'4" 220 lb. receiver. I don't see a Baron Miles or a Ralph Brown on this one. These guys could climb up receivers and knock down passes.

Life is cyclical and so are the defenses from the Big 12. We will be great.

The people that I worry about have moved on to the NFL. Most of them from Texas. As I look at Oklahoma, Texas, and Texas A&M, I only see Nic Harris from Oklahoma as a safety who can disrupt the passing game. But he is a Safety.

Please tell me that a 6'2" 180 lb. corner can cover a 6'4" 220 lb. receiver. I don't see a Baron Miles or a Ralph Brown on this one. These guys could climb up receivers and knock down passes.

You wouldn't put Reggie Smith up there as a player that can disrupt a passing game?

you say that and sing the praises of zac bowman...shut down corners are important. look at champ bailey last year in denver. NOBODY wanted to pass his direction.

you say that and sing the praises of zac bowman...shut down corners are important. look at champ bailey last year in denver. NOBODY wanted to pass his direction.

Except for the 49er's

:lol:

Talib is a awesome player, better than any CB on Nebraska and should be a good matchup... and of course Purify is still on the team... he was in a bar fight, quit trying to blow it out of proportion

Pretty sure you can't really say what his future holds at this point. Thus, it's not really "blowing it out of proportion" to say that he might not be a Husker in a few months. Do I think he'll be on the team, yes, but you can't know that.

If we see a Purify and Talib matchup then at lease one of our other WR's like Nunn won't have to deal with him. Someone will get open.

Exactly. Purify might get shut down, but the Huskers might get 400 yards through the air still.

If we see a Purify and Talib matchup then at lease one of our other WR's like Nunn won't have to deal with him. Someone will get open.

Exactly. Purify might get shut down, but the Huskers might get 400 yards through the air still.

I agree. Whoever Talib covers will get shut down. There is no debate there. But the rest of the Jayhawk secondary is still unproven. Someone is bound to get open. That's exactly what happend most of the year last year. EXample: Oklahoma State was shut down the first half because they continued to throw the ball to Woods, even though Talib had him locked up. After halftime the coach must of realized that it's useless to throw towards Talib, so they went to Bowman who was matched up with true freshman Anthony Webb, 400 receiving yards later and an NCAA record, the rest is history.

Talib is a awesome player, better than any CB on Nebraska and should be a good matchup... and of course Purify is still on the team... he was in a bar fight, quit trying to blow it out of proportion

Pretty sure you can't really say what his future holds at this point. Thus, it's not really "blowing it out of proportion" to say that he might not be a Husker in a few months. Do I think he'll be on the team, yes, but you can't know that.

I agree Dave...............I would love to see the match-up as well because I think Mo would give Talib a run for his money. ;)