ya heard?

well, i've been reading on this board for about 5 months and finally decided to get registered N the big red army. i was born in lincoln 76' when my dad and mom were still in school there. my dad was a tight end for the huskers from 72-77' and played on the big eight championship team. he gave me his ruby red ring when i graduated high shcool. his home jersey to my little brother. his away jersey to my older brother. he later was a graduate assistant and we got to go to the orange, sugar, and fiesta bowls. i've been through everything as a husker fan, especially since i lived part of my life in kansas. all the gay-state friends called 700 times when they finally upset us. the bowl droughts. the 'corn-fed' jokes. the N for 'knowledge' jokes. but also for utter 90's dominance. the scoring machine. laughing as warren sapp sucked air in the 4th. option left. west coast right. heismans. sea of red. now i have a son, he will carry on. tradition, excellence, values, loyalty, winning. GO BIG RED.

Wow great story and welcome to the best board in the land!!!! :bonez:bonez:bonez

Just a little side note here, but I was at a golf tournament last Friday and this ISU fan pulls up behind me in his golf cart. I have a decked out golf bag with all Husker gear and I was golfing with a bunch of Iowa fans. Immediately he pulls up behind me and says............."The N stands for knowledge" thinking he's being Mr. funnyman. So I've had about 5 or 6 beers already and it's the 8th hole so I snap back real quick with this gem. "The N stands for 5 national championships, but you wouldn't know nothing about that." He says, "It's been awhile though?" and I tell him "I rather have been awhile than never at all!" so we went back and forth for a little while and the Iowa fans were rolling on the ground because of the verbal pounding I gave this guy. He wanted to start talking stats so I went there with him and started talking about consecutive sellouts, total wins, heisman trophy winners, and on and on and on. So finally this guy says where the hell did you come from. I said "I'm from Iowa born and raised here, but I chose to go for a team with some tradition of excellence and had a fan base like no other." I told him to never get into an argument with a Husker because we know everything about our team!!!! :bonez

Wow great story and welcome to the best board in the land!!!! :bonez:bonez:bonez

Just a little side note here, but I was at a golf tournament last Friday and this ISU fan pulls up behind me in his golf cart. I have a decked out golf bag with all Husker gear and I was golfing with a bunch of Iowa fans. Immediately he pulls up behind me and says............."The N stands for knowledge" thinking he's being Mr. funnyman. So I've had about 5 or 6 beers already and it's the 8th hole so I snap back real quick with this gem. "The N stands for 5 national championships, but you wouldn't know nothing about that." He says, "It's been awhile though?" and I tell him "I rather have been awhile than never at all!" so we went back and forth for a little while and the Iowa fans were rolling on the ground because of the verbal pounding I gave this guy. He wanted to start talking stats so I went there with him and started talking about consecutive sellouts, total wins, heisman trophy winners, and on and on and on. So finally this guy says where the hell did you come from. I said "I'm from Iowa born and raised here, but I chose to go for a team with some tradition of excellence and had a fan base like no other." I told him to never get into an argument with a Husker because we know everything about our team!!!! :bonez

:nutz:nutz:nutz:woo:woo:woo:box

Smack down biotch

I go to school in Des Moines at DMU and let me tell you. The last 3 years I have had to put up with all sorts of crap from these Iowa fans telling me that Nebraska is such a has been program. But that is when I use your line of fight and say its better to be a has been than a never has been and never will be. They find some way to keep arguing and at that point, I have learned to just deal with the chokeye bull sh#t. I have found that the ISU fans don't argue much because most of them know the truth. That they suck ass and always will. I feel you Big Red Iowan.

touchdown!! brad jenkins--#92

also head coach for scottsbluff high school for 5 years (future husker QB travis turner). family settled the dickens, hershey, north platte area. high school--poudre high ft. collins