RB Jonas Gray

Well we all knew this was going to happen and will continue with the coaching situation. If in fact this kid goes to ND... I don't really care how he does in any aspect. ND = the low of all lows!

Low of all lows? I don't think so buddy. All us ND fans knew it was going to be a rough year. This is as bad as it's going to be for us, but the future is bright and Jonas sees that. Only reason he verballed to the Huskers over the summer is because ND didn't offer because Jonas didn't show up to a summer camp he was supposed to at ND.

Now when you start the season in the top 25 and have some expectations blown away by losses of twenty or more on a consistent basis, then you have some problems. You guys would be better off to fire Callahan now and announce the new coach so you don't lose Gabbert and Givens too. I know im a ND fan, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Trevor go to ND at this point. He decommitted from N for a reason. I think he's just waiting till the end of the process to announce for ND to keep all the N fans at home off him and his family. Considering the way you guys are treating your players and current recruits, can you blame him? Read below and weep Husker fans. You would NEVER read about this at ND...

Husker players being subjected to more ridicule

BY RICH KAIPUST

WORLD-HERALD BUREAU

LINCOLN — Nebraska football captain Zack Bowman showered, wandered outside Memorial Stadium on Saturday and thought he couldn't feel any worse about the Huskers' loss to Texas A&M.

He was wrong.

"People will come up and be like, 'You suck!'" said Bowman, a senior cornerback. "To me, to the team, they say it to anybody. Anybody associated with the football program. It's bad.

"You see them at the games. They'll come up behind the bench and just be like, 'Y'all suck,' or, 'How can y'all wake up in the morning?' I'm dead serious, man."

So much for the warm, fuzzy feeling after Tom Osborne replaced Steve Pederson as athletic director last week.

At least two other players mentioned that they could hear an assortment of catcalls from fans while sitting on the bench during games. The more vitriolic comments seem on the increase after embarrassing back-to-back home losses to Oklahoma State (45-14) and Texas A&M (36-14).

Bowman and senior receiver Maurice Purify said Tuesday that, at least in their experience, the simple booing of a month ago has given way to more bitter and pointed remarks — and traveling to Texas on Saturday might not be a bad thing for an embattled team.

"I'm just kind of angry at the fans who come here," Purify said. "They put on their Nebraska shirts, sweaters, their hats . . . and then when we're down by seven or 14, they come down to the sidelines and say, 'You guys suck. You guys take your N's off your helmets.'

"If you're going to support us when we win, why can't you support us when we're losing?"

Purify, careful to point out that he was speaking for himself and not for the team, added: "Why are you going to waste your money and come here just to boo us and tell us that we suck? Save your money."

Senior linebackers Steve Octavien and Corey McKeon already have made comments this season that stirred replies by NU followers. That was when the team was 3-1 or 4-1 and the complaint was with the level of play and was mostly confined to the stadium.

As NU has stumbled to 4-4, Bowman said, the criticism has drifted into other settings and has become more disturbing.

"Now it's almost to the point where, like, I know some of the guys want to fight these people," Bowman said. "We do a lot. We come in here almost every day and go through film, go through practice and do the extra things to get better. When you've got people out there just talking bad about you, it makes you mad.

"It's got to where people are just like, 'The program's going to hell. This may be the worst team in Nebraska history.' It's tough on the players."

Senior cornerback Cortney Grixby said he hopes most Huskers understand that the nasty fans are a small minority. Some of the negativity, he said, actually has gotten other fans to respond, show more support and "really have our back."

"We love the support, and we want to win for them," Grixby said. "We want to win just as bad as they want us to win."

When the minority is heard over the majority, Bowman said, his message to younger players is to go about their business and don't worry about such stuff. Still, it sometimes gets through.

"They're like, 'Put someone else in . . . you guys need to resign,'" said freshman I-back Quentin Castille.

To catch a break from the negativity, junior defensive end Zach Potter said he took advantage of some off time Monday and returned to Omaha. In trips to a mall and a movie, Potter said, he only once was recognized, by a store clerk who said: "I appreciate you coming in, and best of luck the rest of the year."

Potter said the drive gave him time to just listen to music and clear his head.

"It's just nice to get away from everything," he said. "I don't mean getting away from your teammates, but just being on your own is kind of nice."

Bowman said the Huskers realize they can change public opinion by winning at 16th- and 17th-ranked Texas or by putting together some sort of successful finish. That's what the team can control — and let the rest take care of itself.

"It's almost a little like Frankenstein, how everybody sees, like, the evil villain and everybody in the village wants to go kill him," Bowman said. "That's what it kind of feels like around here. They look at certain people and coaches and stuff as that Frankenstein, and everybody wants to kill them or get them fired."

Contact the Omaha World-Herald newsroom

Sounded like he was just waiting for an offer from Notre Dame and Nebraska was his fallback plan at the time. He can't say he's going to Notre Dame because of the coaching stability. I don't fault the kid for wanting to go play for the school he rooted for his whole child life.

What I find funny is some people who are so holy about booing players is wrong then proceed to call recruits :asshat when they decide to go somewhere else. This make people no better then the people from missouri sending hate mail to Gabbert when he commited to Nebraska. Wonder how those people will treat Gabbert if he decides to go there?

Sounded like he was just waiting for an offer from Notre Dame and Nebraska was his fallback plan at the time. He can't say he's going to Notre Dame because of the coaching stability. I don't fault the kid for wanting to go play for the school he rooted for his whole child life.

What I find funny is some people who are so holy about booing players is wrong then proceed to call recruits :asshat when they decide to go somewhere else. This make people no better then the people from missouri sending hate mail to Gabbert when he commited to Nebraska. Wonder how those people will treat Gabbert if he decides to go there?

Much agreed, RedSteel. We were furious last year when guys like Benn, Littles, and Trattou jumped ship and went somewhere else. But we never called 18 year old kids names on the Internet. Makes us posters look bad, makes the school we root for look bad, and does nothing good whatsoever. Grow up

Well we all knew this was going to happen and will continue with the coaching situation. If in fact this kid goes to ND... I don't really care how he does in any aspect. ND = the low of all lows!

Low of all lows? I don't think so buddy. All us ND fans knew it was going to be a rough year. This is as bad as it's going to be for us, but the future is bright and Jonas sees that. Only reason he verballed to the Huskers over the summer is because ND didn't offer because Jonas didn't show up to a summer camp he was supposed to at ND.

Now when you start the season in the top 25 and have some expectations blown away by losses of twenty or more on a consistent basis, then you have some problems. You guys would be better off to fire Callahan now and announce the new coach so you don't lose Gabbert and Givens too. I know im a ND fan, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Trevor go to ND at this point. He decommitted from N for a reason. I think he's just waiting till the end of the process to announce for ND to keep all the N fans at home off him and his family. Considering the way you guys are treating your players and current recruits, can you blame him? Read below and weep Husker fans. You would NEVER read about this at ND...

Husker players being subjected to more ridicule

BY RICH KAIPUST

WORLD-HERALD BUREAU

LINCOLN — Nebraska football captain Zack Bowman showered, wandered outside Memorial Stadium on Saturday and thought he couldn't feel any worse about the Huskers' loss to Texas A&M.

He was wrong.

"People will come up and be like, 'You suck!'" said Bowman, a senior cornerback. "To me, to the team, they say it to anybody. Anybody associated with the football program. It's bad.

"You see them at the games. They'll come up behind the bench and just be like, 'Y'all suck,' or, 'How can y'all wake up in the morning?' I'm dead serious, man."

So much for the warm, fuzzy feeling after Tom Osborne replaced Steve Pederson as athletic director last week.

At least two other players mentioned that they could hear an assortment of catcalls from fans while sitting on the bench during games. The more vitriolic comments seem on the increase after embarrassing back-to-back home losses to Oklahoma State (45-14) and Texas A&M (36-14).

Bowman and senior receiver Maurice Purify said Tuesday that, at least in their experience, the simple booing of a month ago has given way to more bitter and pointed remarks — and traveling to Texas on Saturday might not be a bad thing for an embattled team.

"I'm just kind of angry at the fans who come here," Purify said. "They put on their Nebraska shirts, sweaters, their hats . . . and then when we're down by seven or 14, they come down to the sidelines and say, 'You guys suck. You guys take your N's off your helmets.'

"If you're going to support us when we win, why can't you support us when we're losing?"

Purify, careful to point out that he was speaking for himself and not for the team, added: "Why are you going to waste your money and come here just to boo us and tell us that we suck? Save your money."

Senior linebackers Steve Octavien and Corey McKeon already have made comments this season that stirred replies by NU followers. That was when the team was 3-1 or 4-1 and the complaint was with the level of play and was mostly confined to the stadium.

As NU has stumbled to 4-4, Bowman said, the criticism has drifted into other settings and has become more disturbing.

"Now it's almost to the point where, like, I know some of the guys want to fight these people," Bowman said. "We do a lot. We come in here almost every day and go through film, go through practice and do the extra things to get better. When you've got people out there just talking bad about you, it makes you mad.

"It's got to where people are just like, 'The program's going to hell. This may be the worst team in Nebraska history.' It's tough on the players."

Senior cornerback Cortney Grixby said he hopes most Huskers understand that the nasty fans are a small minority. Some of the negativity, he said, actually has gotten other fans to respond, show more support and "really have our back."

"We love the support, and we want to win for them," Grixby said. "We want to win just as bad as they want us to win."

When the minority is heard over the majority, Bowman said, his message to younger players is to go about their business and don't worry about such stuff. Still, it sometimes gets through.

"They're like, 'Put someone else in . . . you guys need to resign,'" said freshman I-back Quentin Castille.

To catch a break from the negativity, junior defensive end Zach Potter said he took advantage of some off time Monday and returned to Omaha. In trips to a mall and a movie, Potter said, he only once was recognized, by a store clerk who said: "I appreciate you coming in, and best of luck the rest of the year."

Potter said the drive gave him time to just listen to music and clear his head.

"It's just nice to get away from everything," he said. "I don't mean getting away from your teammates, but just being on your own is kind of nice."

Bowman said the Huskers realize they can change public opinion by winning at 16th- and 17th-ranked Texas or by putting together some sort of successful finish. That's what the team can control — and let the rest take care of itself.

"It's almost a little like Frankenstein, how everybody sees, like, the evil villain and everybody in the village wants to go kill him," Bowman said. "That's what it kind of feels like around here. They look at certain people and coaches and stuff as that Frankenstein, and everybody wants to kill them or get them fired."

Contact the Omaha World-Herald newsroom

You took this all wrong, I don't really care about any of this crap you posted. I was stating my opinion and feelings and in no way attacking you "buddy". We all have our favorite teams and our teams we like the least. As far as I'm concerened the one thing better than a Husker win is a ND loss. Obviously ND is the team I like less than ANY OTHER team. And that is my feelings and it doesn't matter what others think. You are obviously a huge fan of them and good for you. I"M NOT.

Notre Dame didn't just fire their AD. Their season is sucking (or, rather, they are "rebuilding" :)) but Weiss is safe and the situation is, at the least, stable. That's not what we have here.

It hurts to lose Gray, it really does.

But all the same, I hope he tears it up at ND. They need him more than we do, and if it makes him happy...well, anyway, the Domers REALLY need a running back right now. Best of luck.

Notre Dame didn't just fire their AD. Their season is sucking (or, rather, they are "rebuilding" :)) but Weiss is safe and the situation is, at the least, stable. That's not what we have here.

It hurts to lose Gray, it really does.

But all the same, I hope he tears it up at ND. They need him more than we do, and if it makes him happy...well, anyway, the Domers REALLY need a running back right now. Best of luck.

I dont think many agree with you

http://www.coacheshotseat.com/CoachesHotSeatRanking.htm