Gabbert at MU Nike camp this wknd

This was passed on to me via a tiger message board (they dont deserve the pub so I wont link), in reaction to Gabbert attending the Nike camp this wknd in CoSlumbia. MU fans are silly like a 6th grade boys slumber party - making fun of "icky girls" yet still baffled why they wont talk to them. And the best part is they act like they dont care about their notorious reputation for being classless scum, yet it always self-destructs in their face.

"This weekend, our favorite "son" (of a ...) will be visiting MU for the Nike football camp. I suspect he'll be here in his Nebraska red trying to recruit for the 'schuckers up North. Very uncool. Let's be true Tiger fans and give him a mid-Mo welcome deserving of those who turned their backs on Mizzou....11am at the indoor facility!!!"

Heres a Mizzou fan who thinks it would be "giggly" if Gabbert injured himself:

"There's always the chance for injury. I won't root for that but I admit I would giggle. My prediction: Gabbert won't be the best QB at the camp and a few of the MU commits will let him know it."

And this isn't isolated to message board fodder folks - trust me I lived in KC for 5 yrs - this is truly the prevailing attitude within the MU community, and personifies the "eloquence" which has been the genesis for their recent athletic dept meltdown over the past 5 yrs. Thanks duMU - keep being U. :thumbs

Let's be true Tiger fans and give him a mid-Mo welcome deserving of those who turned their backs on Mizzou....11am at the indoor facility!!!"

So this guy is saying that being a TRUE Missouri fan means booing, cursing and otherwise turning their backs on a high-shcool senior at a summer football camp? I'm sure that all of the alumni (and actual TRUE fans) are proud to know that this is what some of their counterparts think it means to be a fan and representative of a fan base.

However it doesn't go without saying that there are obviously factions here in Nebraska (and at colleges across the country) that think this is what it means to be a 'fan'.

I agree cmb, and am certainly not saying we dont have our black sheep - but during my time in KC I didn't meet 1 MU fan that wasnt either A) an a-hole, or B ) embarrassed to be a part of their own fan-base. Now how pathetic would that feel...

Let's ask the Ricky Clemons fan club......

She was joined on the tapes by Amy Stewart, the wife of an MU associate athletic director. Both wives accepted collect calls from Clemons throughout his stay at Boone County Jail. Stewart was recorded saying her husband would often return from work and tell her the "crackers" at the Athletic Department are "like some crackheads running around there."

I live down in KC and the attitude down here is unbelievable. I personally believe that a major factor in JF's decommitment was all the hatred people were showing towards him. It was in the papers, on the radio and everywhere else. It's not as bad with Gabbert b/c he's from farther east, but it's still unreal.

The stupid thing is, it's not that they're leaving the state to go to another school that makes people angry - its that they're going to Nebraska. Recruits from KC and the surrounding area have gone all over the country, but the only ones that get a bunch of crap about it are the ones who go to Nebraska.

If they want to go to a game and cheer against the team he's chosen then fine, but don't publicly bash an 18 year old kid for where he chooses to go to college. Cheering against a team is fine, but cheering against a certain player - when he's still in High School - is completely classless.

The stupid thing is, it's not that they're leaving the state to go to another school that makes people angry - its that they're going to Nebraska. Recruits from KC and the surrounding area have gone all over the country, but the only ones that get a bunch of crap about it are the ones who go to Nebraska.

Main reason being that they are probably concerned if a player does live up to the hype...they will have to play him in their own division. (More often than not one player won't rocket one team past another...but here's to hoping Gabbert does!)

That's why in pro sports GM's wont trade marquis players to another team in their division or conference. Kobe...you want traded? How does the east coast sound???

Let's be true Tiger fans and give him a mid-Mo welcome deserving of those who turned their backs on Mizzou....11am at the indoor facility!!!"

So this guy is saying that being a TRUE Missouri fan means booing, cursing and otherwise turning their backs on a high-shcool senior at a summer football camp? I'm sure that all of the alumni (and actual TRUE fans) are proud to know that this is what some of their counterparts think it means to be a fan and representative of a fan base.

However it doesn't go without saying that there are obviously factions here in Nebraska (and at colleges across the country) that think this is what it means to be a 'fan'.

And yet, there are many TRUE NU fans that still don't like Scott Frots because he went to Stanford out of high school even though he came back and won us a NC. We may or may not be the best fans in college football, but one thing for certain is that we are some of the biggest hypocrits.

And yet, there are many TRUE NU fans that still don't like Scott Frots because he went to Stanford out of high school even though he came back and won us a NC. We may or may not be the best fans in college football, but one thing for certain is that we are some of the biggest hypocrits.

:yeah Amen brother Junior!

(Bad thing is...I know I am, have been and probably will be hyporitical in the future about one thing or another, though I try my best to take the rose-colored glasses off as much as possible. I do know however that I am on the lesser end of the hypocrit-guage!)

I agree that some NU fans can be very hypocritical - see Allan Everidge - but IMO that faction is still more of a minority than, not all, but the majority of other schools.

almosta all sports fans are hypicrates

I could see them saying stuff like that if he had decommited or some thing but to rip a kid for not commiting to there school is childish.......let it gooooooo sometimes a kid want's to go to a school with great tradition and excelent facilities not to mention 200 and who know how many straight sellouts than go to a school with none of the above

I don't think Husker fans did much bashing with the Omaha kid that chose Miami last year.

Guess I could be wrong, though.

I was mad at him for doing that but it was his descion, I don't know why Gunn chose Miami but you have to respect his opionin, we have to also think about Sean Fisher continuly raising Oklahoma on his top schools, lets hope he makes a smarter descision than Gunn did

Aside from the weather, I cannot imagine what would draw a player to Miami. The prospect of hitting someone with your helmet?

I don't have any problems with domestic recruits leaving, so long as we are still getting great recruits from elsewhere. I don't mind if Gunn goes to Miami if we're getting players like Gabbert from out of state.

Supposedly, Gabbert has independently contacted some of the other top-notch recruits from next year's class and he told them that together they will bring a national championship to Nebraska. Sounds like my kind of guy. With the kind of talent Callahan is bringing in, I don't doubt him.

Now only if Callahan stops calling those awful, back breaking plays like a fake punt at our own 20 yard line in the second quarter when the opposition's offense can't move the ball, we'll be unstoppable. (see Cotton Bowl)

I don't think Husker fans did much bashing with the Omaha kid that chose Miami last year.

Guess I could be wrong, though.

I was mad at him for doing that but it was his descion, I don't know why Gunn chose Miami but you have to respect his opionin, we have to also think about Sean Fisher continuly raising Oklahoma on his top schools, lets hope he makes a smarter descision than Gunn did

one of the reasons was becuase he had ties there and they had always been his favorite team that is understandable im sure I would do the same thing if I was that talented and moved to a different state