I am considering testing for the Phoenix police department and I need some information about the city of Phoenix. I'm talking about where is the best place to live in the Phoenix area (for the money of course), best schools, what the city is like, etc. I would like to live someplace where the crime rate is lower and there are nicer homes. Thanks ahead of time. :thumbs

i lived there for 4 years, 93-97. i am sure that it has grown alot since then though. Scottsdale PD used to have a program to buy a house with a real low interest rate (3%) and after 3-4 years you could sell it and keep the equity.

what happened to COlorado Springs PD?

i lived there for 4 years, 93-97. i am sure that it has grown alot since then though. Scottsdale PD used to have a program to buy a house with a real low interest rate (3%) and after 3-4 years you could sell it and keep the equity.

what happened to COlorado Springs PD?

They closed the department that my wife could transfer to there in the Springs so the only other place she could transfer directly is Phoenix. I am waiting to hear back from a job that I applied for here in one of our suburbs called Johnston.

And the Maricopa Psych Hospital isn't far away. :lol:

Sorry just been through there on the way to Tucson to visit my little baby boy. :) Seemed like there was always some construction on the 10 freeway must have the same planners as in Cali.

Sedona is SWEET but it is up the hill towards Flagstaff.

I-10 always had construction on it while I was there also. When I was there Maricopa County was the fastest growing county in the nation at over 1000 people moving in each week.

I heard that they were trying to put in a Light Rail system to help ease traffic congestion

Also Sheriff Joe Arpio is there, and that dood is nutz with the way he runs the county jail, but everyone loves him.

This will be of no help to you but I can tell you from visiting, the the summers are HOT!!

Hot to say the least and I don't want to hear about the dry heat BS......100 degrees still feels like 100 degrees, not 70

No sh#t and 130 still feels like 130. it is HOT DAMN HOT

I was just in Phoenix last night. Landed there to transfer planes. It was only 103 @ 6 oclock last night. But it was a dry heat.

I didn't even leave the airport and it still felt hot.