Breaking News -- Maurice Purify.....

slit his fing throat

I hope to god your not serious. That's horrible....absoutely f'n horrible. Yeah lets kill the guy because he screwed up. Makes f'n sense loser.....I hope you get banned you piece of sh*t!

maybe he meant the Callahan "throat slitting"

The "I've had it up to hear" gesture :dunno

I can not understand people sometimes. You are one of the top recievers the your conferance and have the opportunity of a lifetime playing at one of the top programs in the country and a shot at the F'N NFL!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT IS UP WITH PEOPLE THESE DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

slit his fing throat

I hope to god your not serious. That's horrible....absoutely f'n horrible. Yeah lets kill the guy because he screwed up. Makes f'n sense loser.....I hope you get banned you piece of sh*t!

F&cking A. Looks like someone shoved their tampoon up too far today. I guess I forgot the :sarcasm

f%&k%ing relax a bit and just reinsert properly.

First off , yes I agree cut him loose. dude wont get it right until he gets help with his problem.

Sucks for us, really sucks for him. The sky was the limit for Mo if he kept his sh#t together.

Lets not turn this into a back and fourth name calling episode.

Deal with it, dude has a problem. The Huskers need to try to get him help, cut strings athletically and move on.

At this point I would fully expect him to have a long term suspension, if not kicked off all together. Callahan has shown a low acceptance for misbehavior. Two arrests in less than 2 months is not way to get on his good side. He has kicked players off the team for less.

At least WR is the deepest position on the team. With Brooks, Holt and Paul we should still have solid weapons there. Paul as stated he intends to play this year, and with as talented as he looks, I fully expect him to.

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/6902570

LINCOLN, Neb. (AP) - Wide receiver Maurice Purify was suspended indefinitely from the Nebraska football team Friday after his arrest on suspicion of drunken driving, his second run-in with law enforcement in just five weeks.

A State Patrol trooper stopped Purify at 12:25 a.m. at the intersection of Cornhusker Highway and North First Street in Lincoln. Purify was observed driving 53 mph in a 40 mph zone and failing to use his turn signal, patrol spokeswoman Deb Collins said.

The 21-year-old Purify was taken to the Lincoln Detoxification Center after being ticketed on suspicion of driving while intoxicated.

Collins said she didn't know Purify's blood-alcohol level at the time of his arrest.

"We are aware of Maurice's situation and we take it very seriously," coach Bill Callahan said. "I met with Maurice today and explained to him that he is indefinitely suspended from the team. At this point, his future status with our team is uncertain."

A call seeking comment from Purify's attorney, Jon Braaten of Lincoln, was not immediately returned.

Purify had been charged with two counts of assault, resisting arrest, trespassing and failure to comply after a May 5 incident at a downtown bar. He was accused of throwing a man over a table, hitting him several times and striking the man's girlfriend.

Purify had been authorized to enter a pretrial diversion program in that case. City prosecutor John McQuinn couldn't be reached to comment on how Purify's arrest Friday would affect his participation in diversion.

Purify, from Eureka, Calif., was Nebraska's second-leading receiver last season, catching 34 passes for 630 yards and seven touchdowns. He will