Just got back

My son went to the Husker Youth Camp last week. He had the time of his life.

Every assistant was there, leading drills.

The camp was fast-paced, organized, and fun.

The best thing? I got to watch my son play a game (they call it Huskerball...kind of a loose version of the actual game, but fun for the kids) in Memorial Stadium. He even caught a TD pass.

Met Callahan. He was very friendly. So were his assistants. I know this is somewhat a PR tool for them, but they were genuine (I know they liked my $$, too). I met Gillmore on the first day of camp, and then saw him again as we were leaving, and he told me to have a good trip back to Indiana. Imagine how many people he had met in 3 days, and he remembered me...I was impressed. All the coaches seemed to be that way.

Is this the staff to take NU back to prominence? I don't know. But my son had an awesome experience.

Plus the fact that I may be moving back to Lincoln in '08. After camp, my son is ready to move tomorrow...all I had to say was "season tickets".

Anyway, I guess you could just say that the Husker Youth Camp was worth every penny I spent, and the 12 hours there and back!

All the coaches are like that. Your personal experience with them is not unique. Every time I have met them, in all different forums, they have been quite genuine. Callahan always looks you in the eyes when he speaks and you feel like with all the other things this man has going on, you are the one thing at that moment he is concern with.

Indiana,

With everything this staff does so right, it is hard to believe that they will not figure the whole thing out.

While we were in Lubbock for the massacre, we know that BC and team spent an hour with a peewee football team. Introducing the players and helping with the coaching. He is always working with the young kids, whether at an organized camp, hospital or as mentioned above. The seeds are being planted for the future.

I am not totally happy with the gameday actions, but I truly think this man is here to stay and wants to win more than any of us can imagine

I am glad you and your son got to meet him. I believe down the road a ways it will be a very remembered day, by your son and hopefully you.

Indiana,

With everything this staff does so right, it is hard to believe that they will not figure the whole thing out.

While we were in Lubbock for the massacre, we know that BC and team spent an hour with a peewee football team. Introducing the players and helping with the coaching. He is always working with the young kids, whether at an organized camp, hospital or as mentioned above. The seeds are being planted for the future.

I am not totally happy with the gameday actions, but I truly think this man is here to stay and wants to win more than any of us can imagine

I am glad you and your son got to meet him. I believe down the road a ways it will be a very remembered day, by your son and hopefully you.

It's a memory I will have for the rest of my life...my wife keeps saying that we got two great experiences for the price of one! :bonez

By the way, my son did say that the only coach who was crabby was Coz...I laughed and told him that he's like that, but he's like a grandpa...crabby yet loving at the same time.

Also, I can't get over how good the coaches were with the kids...VERY positive. No yelling, just positive remarks, even for the kids who sucked at everything.

Again, it was one of the best experiences of my life, as well as my son's...but he's to young to appreciate it as much as me!

Okay I seriously didn't put that in this thread??? I typed in the woodshed!!!!!! :dunno The thing is I typed that yesterday in the woodshed and the post I put in today was supposed to say...................I hope that one day your son gets to catch some real touchdowns for the Huskers!!!! So I ask WTF!!!!????

Okay I seriously didn't put that in this thread??? I typed in the woodshed!!!!!! :dunno The thing is I typed that yesterday in the woodshed and the post I put in today was supposed to say...................I hope that one day your son gets to catch some real touchdowns for the Huskers!!!! So I ask WTF!!!!????

BAHAHAHAHAH Jesus I about threw up I was laughing so hard. Here we were reading this wonderful experience that a son and dad had together at Memorial Stadium and then WHAM.....BRI comes out both guns a blazing with a "your momma joke"! (by mistake of course) GOD THAT WAS FUNNY! This one will go down as a "HUSKERBOARD CLASSIC"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!