A WOW from me too. Kansas? Really?

Well that means the Husker coaches didn't think he was good enough. Plain and simple. In case you haven't noticed, Husker coaches havn't had much luck with in state recruits. Three have left the team in the past year. Nebraska football players just aren't as good as other states players....The Husker coaches saw him play right in front of them, they videotaped him, they talked with with him, etc and still felt he wasn't worthy. I, for one, am glad.

Are you serious? I can't believe a Husker fan just made that statement.

I'll say I'm surprised here. Not only that we didn't offer but that he ended up at Kansas. KU just landed another 3 star TE in Tanner Hawkinson over the weekend. I thought Biere was coming on strong and may have potentially gotten more offers. I just thought that since we went after in-state talent with Levorson we would do the same with Biere.

I'll say I think TE has been one of the most disappointing positions under BC. I have expected a lot more out of the position. So while my first reaction is how can we lose Biere (especially as has been noted, most of the top TE's are already committed elsewhere), I guess I have to trust we have some TE's ready to step up...Mueller and Phillips will get us through this year and I am guessing Teafatiller and McNeill can battle it out after that.

Good luck to Biere...except against us! :)

Well that means the Husker coaches didn't think he was good enough. Plain and simple. In case you haven't noticed, Husker coaches havn't had much luck with in state recruits. Three have left the team in the past year. Nebraska football players just aren't as good as other states players....The Husker coaches saw him play right in front of them, they videotaped him, they talked with with him, etc and still felt he wasn't worthy. I, for one, am glad.

I hope you are right because the pool of quality TEs is dwindling fast and this one could be a big backfire unless we do land Dion Jordan or can some how sway Andrew Jones to change his mind.

maybe Jones has changed his mind and has not told anyone but Blaine Gabbert, and Gabbert passed that message on to Cally and Co.

I hope you are right because the pool of quality TEs is dwindling fast and this one could be a big backfire unless we do land Dion Jordan or can some how sway Andrew Jones to change his mind.

maybe Jones has changed his mind and has not told anyone but Blaine Gabbert, and Gabbert passed that message on to Cally and Co.

I think that's a little optimistic. Who knows what Callahan has up his sleeve? 12 months ago, all anyone could talk about was his inability to land a big time qb and since then there has been Witt, Keller, Lee, and now Gabbert. I think things will turn out just fine.

I have to think that if the staff isn't looking at him, it is because they are looking at better prospects. It's their call as to who is deserving of an offer, and i trust their call.

Sucky situation with Biere being an in-state TE and going to KU. But i don't blame him or the staff for how things turned out.

Good luck to him in Lawerence.

Well, I'm pretty sure the coaches must have contacted him saying they weren't offering. Best of luck to the kid.

I have seen the kid play and I must say I thought he was awesome. He consistently got open over the middle in the 15-25 yard range and climbed the ladder well to reach balls thrown high. I was surprised the first time I saw his face picture at how chunky he looked, I expected him to be a lot more athletic looking. This Kansas commit could be one where they told him he needed to commit because they had other TE's offered and he didn't want to lose the offer. Perhaps he would go N if they offered later in the game.

according to someone i know who who knows him says he is kansas all the way now. mark it down

Yeah I said it and I'll say it again. Nebraska is consistently in the lower half of the country in high school football talent. Blame it on low population, Nebraska state rules, lack of competition, weather, etc., but Nebraska compared to the rest of the country has less than average high school talent. We have one legitimate prospect this year that could suit up with the big boys in say Florida, Texas, Illinois, Ohio, California, New Jersey, etc. I have friends that coach in parts of the country and echo the same sentiments. I didn't say Nebraska kids don't try or don't give effort, or who don't go all out because they know when there done with football practice and games it's off to the farm for chores. Effort takes you so far....Line up the best players in Nebraska versus even a lowered tier state like Mississippi and they would destroy Nebraska.

Yeah I said it and I'll say it again. Nebraska is consistently in the lower half of the country in high school football talent. Blame it on low population, Nebraska state rules, lack of competition, weather, etc., but Nebraska compared to the rest of the country has less than average high school talent. We have one legitimate prospect this year that could suit up with the big boys in say Florida, Texas, Illinois, Ohio, California, New Jersey, etc. I have friends that coach in parts of the country and echo the same sentiments. I didn't say Nebraska kids don't try or don't give effort, or who don't go all out because they know when there done with football practice and games it's off to the farm for chores. Effort takes you so far....Line up the best players in Nebraska versus even a lowered tier state like Mississippi and they would destroy Nebraska.

I agree with Eric the red here

it's true Nebraska high school players just don't match up with alot of the state in the nation and that has a ton to do with population places like wyoming, North and South Dakota, Iowa, montana, new mexico, delaware, and Arkansas to name a few of the top of my head don't really have the population nor the football players some of top states have it's a fact not a slap in the face but a fact