Cupcake or Challenging?

As far as the schedule, do you like to see Nebraska play a Cupcake or Challenging non-conference schedule?

I for one like to see us play the challenging ones like this year. With the no signs showing changes in the BCS or a playoff system I think you need to go out there and compete with the best that you can.

Since we always have 4 non-conference games now I like to see us play this type of schedule...

1. Prestigious school thats good year in and out (Ohio St., Michigan, USC, Florida, LSU, Notre Dame, etc...)

2. Middle of the pack BCS schools (Wake Forest, Purdue, Boston College, Kentucky,etc...)

3. Decent Mid-major (Nevada, Akron, BYU, UNLV, etc...)

4. Lower end Mid-major (Ball St., North Texas, La. Tech, Rice, etc...)

This year will be so great!

I didn't put mine in the order of how I would like to see them scheduled week by week but heres how I would like it.

that way if you lose to the big team you have a week to bounce back.

:yeah You don't want to lose the "2" game and then play the "1" team. Not good imo. I like your format.

You have to have both. There will always be one or two cupcakes every year. Always have. But what we don't want is a bunch of them.

I am not extremely disappointed in this years schedule. The only super-cupcake is probably Ball St. Nevada is at least a semi-cupcake.

id like to play 2 top tier schools and have 2 cupcakes. You dont want to beat yourself up playing 4 top tier schools and go into conference play injured and tired. But you dont want to play all cupcakes either, otherwise you could roll into conference play and lose to someone you shouldnt because your team wasnt prepared for the speed and talent of the Big XII. Moderation is the key.

I think this year is just about ideal. A solid mid-major team that is perenially in bowl games (Nevada), a defending conference champ from a BCS conference (Wake), an outright powerhouse (USC), and then a cupcake to nurse our wounds before the conference slate gets underway (Ball State).

I'd like to see us do this every year. You can only have one real cupcake in today's college football climate, and that means NO D-1AA TEAMS.

I gotta go with a more difficult non-conference schedule on this one because to be the best you have to beat the best. If we could play some more SEC teams like Auburn and consistently beat them then I would know that we were for sure back. Plus it would definately help with some of the recruiting aspects. :thumbs

I gotta go with a more difficult non-conference schedule on this one because to be the best you have to beat the best. If we could play some more SEC teams like Auburn and consistently beat them then I would know that we were for sure back. Plus it would definately help with some of the recruiting aspects. :thumbs

:yeah Luckily we have that Tennessee series in the future. It will be fun to invade Neylan Stadium. Still though, I'd like to see us against Florida. That would be fun as well.