SIGNED: WR Khiry Cooper

I dont see him going the Baseball route.

He was hoping to play baseball at NU along with football, so hopefully he continues baseball just not in the pros. Actually I shouldn't say that, I don't know his situation. I know he could help out NU but, he needs to do what he needs to do, and you can't blame him for that. At least he will get a full ride for football which is a bonus when baseball is partial that is why so many skip college.

Also fifth rounders usually get around $100,000.

I think that Khiry Cooper will do the same thing that Dennis Dixon (the quarterback from Oregon) did this year. He will sign with the Angels and play minor league baseball until Late July when the Huskers begin summer practice. In this situation he would be unable to receive scholarship money from Nebraska but, most baseball teams will also pay for their players college so it is no big deal.

I've never met so much resistance arguing in favor of more team speed....

Nothing you say could surprise me now.

If you don't want to offer anyone at rb/wr/db etc unless they have 4.3 or 4.4 at the lowest then I wouldn't expect a class of more than a half dozen max. I don't know about you, but I'd like to bring in more kids than that every year. Unless you know of some good hs players that run 4.3 and don't have offers from all over the place, tell them to give nebraska a look. Recruiting is a competition if you have not realized that.

Hmm, peeps are still replying to remarks I made about 6 months ago...K. I must have hit a 'nerve'. So, OU in the 70s, MIA in the 80s, and FSU in the 90s all had slower guys than NE, that's why they usually beat us? How about Jamal Charles last year...that was fun to watch... Wait until MIchael Crabtree or DeMarco Murray take the field this year, I dont know what they are actually clocked at, all I know is they can run....

Yeah, I want good players, but I also want fast players...you see the logic in that??

If you don't want to offer anyone at rb/wr/db etc unless they have 4.3 or 4.4 at the lowest then I wouldn't expect a class of more than a half dozen max. I don't know about you, but I'd like to bring in more kids than that every year. Unless you know of some good hs players that run 4.3 and don't have offers from all over the place, tell them to give nebraska a look. Recruiting is a competition if you have not realized that.

Hmm, peeps are still replying to remarks I made about 6 months ago...K. I must have hit a 'nerve'. So, OU in the 70s, MIA in the 80s, and FSU in the 90s all had slower guys than NE, that's why they usually beat us? How about Jamal Charles last year...that was fun to watch... Wait until MIchael Crabtree or DeMarco Murray take the field this year, I dont know what they are actually clocked at, all I know is they can run....

Yeah, I want good players, but I also want fast players...you see the logic in that??

I think the focus on 40 times, in alot of younger guys and perhaps with this guy, has to do in big part with NCAA Football video games. The games have such a focus on 40 Times as the indicator of speed. And, in those games, 4.5 IS slow for a CB or RB. They freaking have guys running 4.16's every year on the game.

I think the focus on 40 times, in alot of younger guys and perhaps with this guy, has to do in big part with NCAA Football video games. The games have such a focus on 40 Times as the indicator of speed. And, in those games, 4.5 IS slow for a CB or RB. They freaking have guys running 4.16's every year on the game.

LOL, 4.16?! I'd be happry with 2-3 4.3 guys at key skilled positions and 4.4 guys at CB, and 4.5, 4.6 everywhere else...ok, the big eaters could be 4.6...

I haven't seen any footage of this 'Whirly' Cooper guy, but from what I gather from the heated debate here, he must be pretty good. I'm still waiting for some updates on Niles Paul though, he was supposed to be our ace-in-the-hole at WR.....

Hmm, peeps are still replying to remarks I made about 6 months ago...K. I must have hit a 'nerve'.

Unless I'm blind, both posts were on the same day. The only person responding is you.

Hmm, peeps are still replying to remarks I made about 6 months ago...K. I must have hit a 'nerve'.

Unless I'm blind, both posts were on the same day. The only person responding is you.

Exactly what I was going to say, so just drop it zE

Wow, thanks for clearing that up....I'll be able to sleep better tonite knowing there's a guy like you out there verifying these things.....

Wow, thanks for clearing that up....I'll be able to sleep better tonite knowing there's a guy like you out there verifying these things.....

That will be the end of that. Back to the subject please.