rivarlies

Freeman went on to become the first true freshman quarterback to start at Kansas State in 30 years and was 23 of 47 for 272 yards with a pair of interceptions in a 21-3 loss to Nebraska. As Freeman gets better, this rivalry should get fiercer.

hahah, are you kidding me?

Freeman is just another QB in the Husker eyes. All this hype over him starting at KSU and he played terrible against us...at HOME!

I don't see KSU ever being a rival. The CU game has become something I look forward to more...just because I wanna cream those hippies every chance we get!

I remember a very green Tommie Frazier losing to a very piss poor Iowa State team his true freshman year, so I wouldn't count Freeman out due to one poor game. I guess you already forgot about the game Freeman played against Texas? Whenever KState has been good, they had an outstanding QB (Bishop and Roberson). I'm not saying Freeman will ever be as good as those two QB's, but he could. In order to KState to rise up and be of rivalry caliber again, they need the QB position to be extremely solid. I think it is naive to think that KSU will never be our rival. Oh how short memories are. In 1998, they were the Big 12 Championship game away from playing for a NC. In 2003, they absolutely kicked the ever living crap out of a team that was thought to be the best in the nation. Considering their coach is only the 4th coach in the Big 12 to make it to a bowl game in his first year after taking over a program with a losing record the previous year, I think you're not giving enough credit where credit is due. Btw, I'm sure if Freeman would have come to NU you'd be saying he's the best thing since beer in a can. I'm not saying KState will amount to much in 07', but I think it's very naive to count them after that.

1620 devoted part of their show the other day to this and basically tried to convince people that K-State is our biggest rival right now because that is who the fans want to beat the most and hate the most. They said when there is animosity between the fans there is a rivalry and this has developed within the last two years.

Personally I don't think a rivalry has developed yet with any of the North teams but I'd say Missouri is getting there.

I respect your opinion, but I would disagree with it. Mizzou is competitive and represents as being a rival to us in winning the B12 north, but I don't feel as intense to have us beat them as I do when we play Colorado or KSU. With that criteria (the team that the fans want to beat the most and hate the most), I would say that KSU and Colorado would be our fiercest rivals (though we ardently try to deny it because they are not up to our standards as a football program). I mean....what two teams do you dislike the most in the B12 North? As much as we would like to minimize the rivalry between Colorado and KSU (mostly, I think to piss them off), I think that the Husker fans dislike those two teams the most. Personally, I dislike Princess and Freeman and have utter contempt for Colorado and their fans. So, in my book, Colorado and KSU are the biggest rivals we face. I don't feel the same way towards OU or Texas (even Mizzou), I respect those teams and their programs. When we meet, my attitude is "let's have a good competitive game...may the best team win". My attitude when we play Colorado or KSU is "let's destroy them!".

I may be biased because I've been to multiple away games at Missouri and have been exposed to their fans but have not been to an away game at Colorado or Kansas State. Given the chance it probably wouldn't take much for them to tip me in their direction.

Freeman went on to become the first true freshman quarterback to start at Kansas State in 30 years and was 23 of 47 for 272 yards with a pair of interceptions in a 21-3 loss to Nebraska. As Freeman gets better, this rivalry should get fiercer.

Freeman is just another QB in the Husker eyes. All this hype over him starting at KSU and he played terrible against us...at HOME!

I don't see KSU ever being a rival. The CU game has become something I look forward to more...just because I wanna cream those hippies every chance we get!

I remember a very green Tommie Frazier losing to a very piss poor Iowa State team his true freshman year, so I wouldn't count Freeman out due to one poor game. I guess you already forgot about the game Freeman played against Texas? Whenever KState has been good, they had an outstanding QB (Bishop and Roberson). I'm not saying Freeman will ever be as good as those two QB's, but he could. In order to KState to rise up and be of rivalry caliber again, they need the QB position to be extremely solid. I think it is naive to think that KSU will never be our rival. Oh how short memories are. In 1998, they were the Big 12 Championship game away from playing for a NC. In 2003, they absolutely kicked the ever living crap out of a team that was thought to be the best in the nation. Considering their coach is only the 4th coach in the Big 12 to make it to a bowl game in his first year after taking over a program with a losing record the previous year, I think you're not giving enough credit where credit is due. Btw, I'm sure if Freeman would have come to NU you'd be saying he's the best thing since beer in a can. I'm not saying KState will amount to much in 07', but I think it's very naive to count them after that.

Great Post!! , no bias, very honest and observant!

Great Post!! , no bias, very honest and observant!

I hate beer in cans.

Like I said before on other posts, "If we take care of business we should meet every December"

gOU Big Red

When you first said this I agreed. But upon reflection, I disagree. Rivalry means playing the other guy for who he is and not what for he has done. UCLA's upset of us this year would never have happened if it was based on "taking care of business". Our upsets of them in the past would not have happened if it was based on "taking care of business" Here locally in b-ball the Duke-Carolina rivalry wouldn't be what it is if it was based on "taking care of business". No. Rivalry means pinning your ears back and going after that other guy at all costs. Anything less is some level of championship game, not rivalry. I liked the rivalries of the old Big-8, the old Pac-8, the old SWC, and the old ACC (R.I.P)

... but in my observation the OU-NU game was and is bigger on a national scale than the battle for "LA".

If OU and NU played every year it would be good for football on a national level.

My observations

gOU Big Red

Ahh...something we can agree on 100%!

First, the battle for "LA"isn't even on that level. Last month the LA times asked fans their favorite teams. The Dodgers were #1, and Lakers #2. SC was third and FUCLA fifth. It really has limited, but intense, interest.

On the other hand, the OU and NU game is two states, with two long traditions which has traditionally brought widespread national interest.

yeah well, unfortunately we don't have any professional sports teams to get excited about, so Husker/Sooner football better be good.

The OU game is the only rivalry we truely have, but nothing beats kickin the crap out of sCUm in late November!

ever since the NU/OU game ended on a yearly basis, i dont think that it will regain the importance that it used to have

yep, your right....its dead.

This is what happens when you go to the mega 12 team conferences. In my opinion the OU-NU was bigger than any conference. I always watched that game. I anticipated that game. I talked about that game afterwards. It was every year. You marked it on the calendar. It was football excellence against football excellence. It was one of only a handful of big national college games. USC-Notre Dame another. (although the Domers aren't that good anymore). No, that game had national interest and impact. I loved it. Now it is dead. Not what it used be. You still have a chance to play each other in a championship game, but thats it. A great football tradition has died. R.I.P.