Blake vs Bubba

Why was our pass rush so weak this year? Was Blake a good coach or just a good recruiter? What can Bubba do to rectify this problem? I'm less concerned with the athletes than the coaching. You would be hard pressed to put together a better front four than we had last year, they were amazing, but the kids coming in are'nt bad. Suh & Turner both have earned recognition and playing time early in thier career and should do well, Steinkuhler and Barfield at least have the build for the job, but essentially we need more production from a less talented group of kids....HOW?

When you have as good of LB as we have, you want your D line to hold up the O line, not do a lot of pushing/rushing/running up field unless you have a free lane, you hold your guy up, and let the great group of LB's make the plays. I think we will still have a good D line this year. Suh is a freakin horse.

When you have as good of LB as we have, you want your D line to hold up the O line, not do a lot of pushing/rushing/running up field unless you have a free lane, you hold your guy up, and let the great group of LB's make the plays. I think we will still have a good D line this year. Suh is a freakin horse.

Hopefully Suh can play the DT spot instead of NT, he doesnt serve any purpose if double teamed by the C & G! By "holding the line" you are relying on your secondary to cover.....is that a good idea?

The holding the guy up, is more to do with running plays. You do not want the O line to get up on the linebackers. In passing situations, it is very important for the d line to get penetration, if they dont you have a real weakness, and have to try to manufacture pressure with the blitz, and that can give you a big risk big reward type defense.

The holding the guy up, is more to do with running plays. You do not want the O line to get up on the linebackers. In passing situations, it is very important for the d line to get penetration, if they dont you have a real weakness, and have to try to manufacture pressure with the blitz, and that can give you a big risk big reward type defense.

Thats what I'm getting at. Why was the pressure so weak last year? Is Cosgrove just a bad guesser for when to let the D line run free?