Updated jersey numbers!

Shawn Sullivan #18

IMO, this number should not be allowed to be on the field....maybe I am thinkingn too much about it...

I totally agree. I usually don't care too much about retired jerseys and numbers. But I think this one should never be worn or at least just given to a back up senior every year as an honorary thing.

I guess Anthony Blue is holding out no hope that he will play on defense this year.

thats what i was thinking

Althouhg according to Huskers.com we have three No. 1s on our team. Bowman, Blue, and Chris Brooks.....interesting. Perhaps we have just seen one person who will be redshirting this year.

Another interesting note: Both Witt and Culbert are listed as 6 playing offensive positions (another foreshadowing of redshirts?)

I guess Anthony Blue is holding out no hope that he will play on defense this year.

thats what i was thinking

Althouhg according to Huskers.com we have three No. 1s on our team. Bowman, Blue, and Chris Brooks.....interesting. Perhaps we have just seen one person who will be redshirting this year.

Another interesting note: Both Witt and Culbert are listed as 6 playing offensive positions (another foreshadowing of redshirts?)

Blue, Brookes, and Witt have almost no chance of getting on the field this year, but I'm excited about them for next year, they will all need to step up big to get on the field even then! Blue will probably have the best chance in 08 of the group.

Why would Brooks have no chance of seeing the field this year? He's a Soph (RS) I would sure hope he gets to play a little bit especially with Purify possibly being out. Brooks being #1 doesn't mean anything about his playing time because both Blue and Bowman will be playing Defense so that doesn't mean anything. You can say Blue probably isn't expecting to play by being #1, but Brooks should play quite a bit.

Why would Brooks have no chance of seeing the field this year? He's a Soph (RS) I would sure hope he gets to play a little bit especially with Purify possibly being out. Brooks being #1 doesn't mean anything about his playing time because both Blue and Bowman will be playing Defense so that doesn't mean anything. You can say Blue probably isn't expecting to play by being #1, but Brooks should play quite a bit.

I think that Brooks will see playing time this year. The point of me writing that statement was suggesting that Blue will take a redshirt year.

yeah I was talking to skrsOVRsc who said he has almost no chance of seeing the field.

IMO he doesnt have a very good chance, not that hes not a good player, were just deep at that position right now. Not sure if he plays X or Y but Nunn, Swift, Peterson, Henry, Hardy, Erickson, and Purify (probably will be back) will provide alot of competition, but most of all Menelik Holt(6-4 215) who is a year younger, taller, stronger and faster than Brookes(6-2 210) and played over him last year....7 WR with considerable time(Henry does not).....sure anything is possible, but not likely.