Updated jersey numbers!

yeah Lord wasn't that bad... I would take the abilites of Lord again, just not at QB. Come on now Lord was a good enough athlete/football player to get picked up as a NFL RunningBack.

When you don't recruit well you end up with players where you need them not where they belong!

Lord was a beast of an athlete, if I recall. Can't complain if Gilleyen matches his abilities.

yeah Lord wasn't that bad... I would take the abilites of Lord again, just not at QB. Come on now Lord was a good enough athlete/football player to get picked up as a NFL RunningBack.

Absolutely! Jamaal Lord was a great player. He probably could have played a half dozen positions on most D1 teams.

yeah I was talking to skrsOVRsc who said he has almost no chance of seeing the field.

IMO he doesnt have a very good chance, not that hes not a good player, were just deep at that position right now. Not sure if he plays X or Y but Nunn, Swift, Peterson, Henry, Hardy, Erickson, and Purify (probably will be back) will provide alot of competition, but most of all Menelik Holt(6-4 215) who is a year younger, taller, stronger and faster than Brookes(6-2 210) and played over him last year....7 WR with considerable time(Henry does not).....sure anything is possible, but not likely.

Brooks impressed me the most out of all the young receivers in the spring game. He had three catches against the red D. Meno looked passive as well as Henry, also Meno dropped a couple balls too. Meno also played last year because he wanted his mom to see him play, because she has a health issue and may not have the chance again to see him play.(the coaches wanted to RS him).

Shawn Sullivan #18

IMO, this number should not be allowed to be on the field....maybe I am thinkingn too much about it...

Either way, he does have some BIG shoes to fill.

It's not like this is the first player to wear the #18 since Brook though...

I was thinking more about this more today....who else has worn #18?

Shawn Sullivan #18

IMO, this number should not be allowed to be on the field....maybe I am thinkingn too much about it...

That's a good question... because I certainly don't remember anybody that actually saw the field.

yeah I was talking to skrsOVRsc who said he has almost no chance of seeing the field.

IMO he doesnt have a very good chance, not that hes not a good player, were just deep at that position right now. Not sure if he plays X or Y but Nunn, Swift, Peterson, Henry, Hardy, Erickson, and Purify (probably will be back) will provide alot of competition, but most of all Menelik Holt(6-4 215) who is a year younger, taller, stronger and faster than Brookes(6-2 210) and played over him last year....7 WR with considerable time(Henry does not).....sure anything is possible, but not likely.

Brooks impressed me the most out of all the young receivers in the spring game. He had three catches against the red D. Meno looked passive as well as Henry, also Meno dropped a couple balls too. Meno also played last year because he wanted his mom to see him play, because she has a health issue and may not have the chance again to see him play.(the coaches wanted to RS him).

Well, I'm not sure I agree with the passive statement but I guess opinions are like a$$holes! :):thumbs

Lord was a beast of an athlete, if I recall. Can't complain if Gilleyen matches his abilities.

Absolutely! Jamaal Lord was a great player. He probably could have played a half dozen positions on most D1 teams.

I agree....I was just trying to come up with something so I could show their pics...

Shawn Sullivan #18

That's a good question... because I certainly don't remember anybody that actually saw the field.

I was looking on Huskers.com for that actually and if memory serves the last time a player wore that number was 2004. I dont remember his name but im pretty sure he never really saw time on the field. I dont remember ANYONE receiving extensive playing time while wearing that number. I dont know if its coincidence or not but I personally would be ok if I NEVER saw that number on the field again.

Berringers number really does need to be retired. They'll retire Bob Browns number for gettin in the hall, the least they should do is show enough respect to retire berringers.

Bowman going back to #1 is the sweetest thing i've seen. I got my picture taken with him at fan day before the '05 season and got his sig when he was #1.

I too now have a #20 jersey that means nothing. Maybe I should get rodgers or bullocks put on the back of it.

Shawn Sullivan #18

I was looking on Huskers.com for that actually and if memory serves the last time a player wore that number was 2004. I dont remember his name but im pretty sure he never really saw time on the field. I dont remember ANYONE receiving extensive playing time while wearing that number. I dont know if its coincidence or not but I personally would be ok if I NEVER saw that number on the field again.

Tyrell Spain wore #18 last year, but left the team either right before or right after the Cotton Bowl