Petition to change the music at husker home games

I'd love to see the University bring on a well known artist or group to create a new track just for Husker football and the tunnel walk . It would be great for the University and would be even better if the artist is well known and releases the track as a single, that would get us some good exposure as well. Something from a group with the sound of say Motorhead would be awesome, or heck maybe Tommy Lee as he is a Husker alum now after all. lol.

i agree with huskerhank. sometimes, just sometimes, huskervision takes away the intensity because instead of doing chants; they do a profile on a local businessman or something. show replays and stuff to fire up the crowd. that should be the petition.

I own and dominate that Runza Hungry Helmet game!!! They can keep that (helps build up my severe lack of self-confidence :) )

But other than my absolute supremacy over that game, I completely agree with you. They could utilize the HuskerVision screens better, specifically for fans....

very true. Maybe they should make the runza helmet game harder...

The tunnel walk is good, but other than that the big screen just takes away from a lot of stuff on the field. We do need to use it more effectively.

I don't really care about the music, I just don't like associating Nebraska football with Phil Collins whenever I hear that song at work.

I think changing the music to a more contemporary and situationally based theme fits hand in hand with another threat on the board about having the student section being more vocal. "Jessie's Girl" in no way deserves to be played on a football field- it has no bearing to the game! Now I have watched a special on the NFL Network about stadiums in the league, and believe it or not the #1 pre-game played track in NFL stadiums is Phil Collins- In the Air Tonight. I do believe that some older stuff should be played, but make it a good mix of today and yesterday- and keep it relevant to the game. The younger generation would appreciate that more- and may even be more involved. I know it's sad to think that it could take music to get people involved in a game, but face the facts- that's what this world is coming to. When music is so important that having a phone that doesn't play mp3 files on it makes the phone obsolete, you begin to realize how much more music has become a part of everyone's everyday life. It's time to incorporate this into our Husker games, because as hard as it is for some to face it, thats what it's coming to to impress recruits, spark the fans (especially the younger ones), and pump up the team.

Sorry for the rant- Music or No Music GO BIG RED!!!

Two quick thoughts.

1.) Why not let the team choose the music? Aren't they the ones who are suppose to be "pumping themselves up"? Maybe mix it up a little but why not let them choose. I could give a crap less what music is being played. Heck i listen to pregame on the radio most the time anyway.

2.) To the poster that said make the Runza game more difficult. I had a friend go to KU when it was a sea of red 5 or 6 years ago. And he told me that they had a game like that and he laughed so hard because the helmets were hardly moving there. Just had to laugh when you said that. We need it more difficult but apparantely at that point in time it was to hard for them. GBR :bonez

Two quick thoughts.

1.) Why not let the team choose the music? Aren't they the ones who are suppose to be "pumping themselves up"? Maybe mix it up a little but why not let them choose. I could give a crap less what music is being played. Heck i listen to pregame on the radio most the time anyway.

2.) To the poster that said make the Runza game more difficult. I had a friend go to KU when it was a sea of red 5 or 6 years ago. And he told me that they had a game like that and he laughed so hard because the helmets were hardly moving there. Just had to laugh when you said that. We need it more difficult but apparantely at that point in time it was to hard for them. GBR :bonez

Hell for them it was probably only one helmet anyway! :lol:

Lose Jessie's Girl? What other traditions are you people trying get rid of? :sarcasm

IMO its the crowd that should be making the noise, and having a bunch of other crap distracting us from our job is counterproductive. If the crowd is sitting on their hands then some well chosen music or video clips ("Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?") should be deployed. Otherwise leave us to our job.

How about songs for the situation?

Like, "You can't always get What You Want" by the Stones when an opposing coach gets a bad call?

Or a song about nose pickin' when we play Missouri and their QB takes the field...You know..Just to liven it up a little.