Chase Daniel vs Sam Keller

I will go with Sam just because I don't like the tiglets, that being said Chase does have the ability to beat you unless you can get to him. He does'nt seem to handle pressure real well. I have yet to see Sam under pressure so I guess it is a toss up and I will take the Huskers in a toss up anythime.

:yeah

I really can't say that Keller is the better quarterback. I suspect he is, but no one's really seen him play for a year and a half. What I can say, is that the games Missouri wins this season will be because of Daniel. He's far more important to their offense than Sam will be to ours. I fully believe that Sam can have an off day and Nebraska could still win the game with the offensive line and running backs. I'm not so sure that's the case with Missouri.

I think Chase is a great QB, but like everyone has said, Pinkel will piss his abilities away, just like he did Brad Smith's at times. Except against us one time, but forget about that. I think Keller has the ability to knock the socks off of just about any defense. He will have to prove himself, in which I think he will. WE WILL BEAT BOOGER AND HIS TIGERS!

I think Chase is a great QB, but like everyone has said, Pinkel will piss his abilities away, just like he did Brad Smith's at times. Except against us one time, but forget about that. I think Keller has the ability to knock the socks off of just about any defense. He will have to prove himself, in which I think he will. WE WILL BEAT BOOGER AND HIS TIGERS!

Not to hijack the thead and take it in a new direction but I have no idea what people mean when they say Pinkle pissed aways Brad Smith's abilities. Anyone enlighten me? I remember them kickin' the crap out of us with a no huddle offense that seem to highlight his abilities a few years ago.

Sam has a rocket arm, but from what I've seen and heard, Daniels has better intangibles. I remember being very disappointed when ASU totally choked in 2005 against USC, which was due in large part to Keller forcing throws and getting picked off 5 times. Albeit, 2 of them were dropped/tipped balls that his recievers should have caught, but he has an established habit of forcing throws in other games as well. Daniels on the other hand seems to have a cool presence that calms down the team. Physically Keller is superior and if he has a great year he could be drafted fairly high, but hopefully he'll have a cool head about him.

Just as an aside, I have a friend who was at a bar who ran into Keller a few weeks after he came to Lincoln from ASU. There was a huge line for the bathrooms and Keller walked right past it and into the bathrooms. Someone complained and Keller, possibly a bit drunk, commented "Do you know who I am? I'm Sam Keller. I f*cking own this town now."

Not exactly the kind of person I want at NU, but he has a killer arm and hopefully he can score us some big wins and serve as an NU standout in the pros.

Not to hijack the thead and take it in a new direction but I have no idea what people mean when they say Pinkle pissed aways Brad Smith's abilities. Anyone enlighten me? I remember them kickin' the crap out of us with a no huddle offense that seem to highlight his abilities a few years ago.

I'll try to enlighten you. Brad Smith may have been arguably the best college football player ever. I think there's only one other QB besides Smith in D1 who has passed for 2,000 yards and rushed for 1,000 yards in a season. I believe Smith did it either as a freshman or a sophomore. He controlled the game like Vick did at Virginia Tech and Vince Young did at Texas. Instead of letting Smith run the friggin ball, Pinkel decided to make Smith a pocket drop back passer which turned out to be a complete flop. It would be the same as if Atlanta told Vick don't run, you're a drop back passer. Brad Smith's abilities were pissed away by Pinkel. If he'd have continued to let him play like he did when Smith was a freshman and sophomore, Mizzou would have been a lot better team Smith's junior and senior year. It isn't often you see a QB with as much talent go through the Big 12 like Smith. Pinkel lost my respect for what he to Smith just like Mack Brown lost my respect watching what he did to the Major.

I'll try to enlighten you. Brad Smith may have been arguably the best college football player ever. I think there's only one other QB besides Smith in D1 who has passed for 2,000 yards and rushed for 1,000 yards in a season. I believe Smith did it either as a freshman or a sophomore. He controlled the game like Vick did at Virginia Tech and Vince Young did at Texas. Instead of letting Smith run the friggin ball, Pinkel decided to make Smith a pocket drop back passer which turned out to be a complete flop. It would be the same as if Atlanta told Vick don't run, you're a drop back passer. Brad Smith's abilities were pissed away by Pinkel. If he'd have continued to let him play like he did when Smith was a freshman and sophomore, Mizzou would have been a lot better team Smith's junior and senior year. It isn't often you see a QB with as much talent go through the Big 12 like Smith. Pinkel lost my respect for what he to Smith just like Mack Brown lost my respect watching what he did to the Major.

Thanks for the enlightenment Junior.

Looking at Pinkel's passed ways, he'll probably try to make Daniels an option QB this year. I don't know who will have the better stats at the end of the year for 2 reasons: Pinkel's a complete idiot and who knows what kind of garbage he'll try, and Keller hasn't played for quite some time. Plus, I'm pretty sure NU's schedule is a lot tougher than Mizzou's. This will definitely play into the stats especially if USC's defense is as good as advertised. The USC and Texas defenses will definitely hamper Keller's stats I believe.

Thanks for picking me up junior. That is exactly what Pinkel did. He tried to make him a drop back passer and tried to get him to stay in the pocket more. Smith obviously showed what he was capable of against us when he gets out in the open and makes plays. With a QB like Smith you can keep defenses on the edge of their seat wondering if he is going to pass or run. Smith was a great player and Daniels has great potential.

When I think of ability, I also take into account moving on to the next level and not a lot of QB's that play in that system go on to better things (any from Tech and Hawaii, Heupel and White...)?

I dont think it matters what your potential in the pros could be. College fb is its own animal. Tommy Frazier was arguably one of the best college QBs ever, and did nothing at the next level. Daniels is another good example of Great college QB and probably not much in the pros.

Personally I dont see this game as that big of threat. Don't get me wrong, i understand we have not faired well in Columbia the past few times, but i believe our defense is much improved from last year. Our secondary can't be worse than it was, our LB corps is one of the best in Big 12 and i think the D-line will be in order by the time we get to Columbia. I don't see MU moving the ball that well even with the Second coming of Christ (Chase Daniel) at the helm. On the other side of the ball with all the weapons, i dont think it matters who the QB is. Granted Keller has the arm to stretch the field, but does anyone remember how porous the MU defense was last year?

My prediction:

Keller 250 yds passing 2 TDs

Lucky 130 yds 1 rush TD

MO P 75 yds rec 1 TD

Christ 175 yds passing 2 picks sacked 3 times

65 yds rushing

NU 31

MU 14 with a late mercy touchdown on our freshmen.