Inactive Members and Guests

DaveH

I remember a couple names from earlier this year that I just don't see posting anymore.CalHusker for one. Where did BigRedMachine go? N Zone? Is there any way we can maybe, send them an email inviting them back to discuss the Big Red?

Also, I routinely see anywhere from 2 to 15 guests browsing the board. Anyone have any ideas on how we can convice them to register and join the frey? I am sure they have something to say about the 'skers!

GBR!

I agree.. this is one of the toughest parts about getting a board going. Without active members and good discussion the thing wont grow. A classic catch 22. But we are making big time progress compared to last year. :)

I think some of our incentives with pay per post and the weekly prediction and "members of the week" contests have encouraged some to join and participate, but we definitely need more. Any ideas for incenting others to join are welcomed! :)

BigRedMachine is a buddy of mine that helps with the technical side of things, and he is busy with his web dev business working 80+ hr wks so doesnt have the time anymore. NZone is another friend from Houston, but he recently got an Assis Principal job, is taking MBA classes, and just had a new baby girl (the pic in Husker Nation forum), so needless to say he doesnt have the time like he used to either.. :(

Keep in mind that we offer bonuses for members that refer other members to the board - paying 50% of all referrals posts (i.e. 2.5 cents per post from every member you refer).. so if you guys have some buddies that are into the Big Red, letem know they can earn some free gear just for talking some Husker football! :thumbs Not a bad deal.

Guys, I don't know if this is possible, or even if it is, how to go about it, but...

There are tons of Husker groups in other states. Is there any list of them anywhere? If there is, and there is a way to get our hands on it, emailing each of them about the board's existence could help.

I know that there is one in Arkansas, at least. I'm going to try and hunt it down and see if I can find an email address to alert them to the Board.

Righton, good idea. I was actually planning to email each of the alum chapters around the country, but if you guys have connections to them or at least live in that area, it would probably be more effective. I'll let you know the contact info when I get it. Thanks for helpin.

• 7 months later...

We used to let members vote on who they felt made the best posts during the previous week, and the winner would get hboard points. But this got pretty tough to manage so it was removed in favor of other contests, i.e. game prediction, riddles, caption contests etc.

• 2 months later...

So do i get extra goodie points for bringing a whole gang of guys over from Husker Tunnel Walk :thumbs

I think about 10 posters so far (at least from the names i recognize who haven't signed up with a different name) have come over

KansasHusker

Huskers19941995

HuskerLegend

Blackshirtsguru

ehenningsen

HuskandPack

HuskersGJ

Gin32

Tflynn

Husker in Soonerland

IlliniHusker

Huskerstaq

StormCrow (he followed me to cause problems but still counts right :thumbs )

That's all the names i have seen and can remember for now

So do i get extra goodie points for bringing a whole gang of guys over from Husker Tunnel Walk :thumbs

I think about 10 posters so far (at least from the names i recognize who haven't signed up with a different name) have come over

KansasHusker

Huskers19941995

HuskerLegend

Blackshirtsguru

ehenningsen

HuskandPack

HuskersGJ

Gin32

Tflynn

Husker in Soonerland

IlliniHusker

Huskerstaq

Sure thing -- all they have to do is fill out the "Introduce Yourself" thread and put your name in the "referral source" field and you get more Hboard points!! Its as simple as that my friend. :cheers

KansasHusker

Huskers19941995

HuskerLegend

Blackshirtsguru

ehenningsen

HuskandPack

HuskersGJ

Gin32

Tflynn

Husker in Soonerland

IlliniHusker

Huskerstaq

Just to clarify, I never joined your site Nameless. I am from BHF. I came over here about the same time as someone else from BHF.

• 5 months later...