Early point spread on NU v Nevada

I have never been a fan of running up the score, but you cannot ask the players to pull back either. If we are ahead big in the 3rd qtr start rotating players and let them play. It is still their job to stop us or if it is the other way around it is our job to stop them.

I see us haveing a good day but not a huge blowout as BC is not going to show to much before WF and USC

No one said pull for the players to pull back. Call appropriate play (not deep flag routs), and get your second team some time late in the 3rd and mixed in the 4th. I do think youre right about the plays though, it will probably be pretty white bread like the spring game.

I'm not saying to run up the score, just don't go into a shell on play calling. You get up by 28, put in the secondstring but still air it out and run the ball aggressivly. Better learn how to keep the intensity up now than later on.

I will bet my house, my parents house , my sisters house, my in laws houses all my money all their money and all ur money on this. There is no way they beat us by 19.5 points and as the post says the early line is +19.5 which would make us a 19.5 point underdog.

now if you meant -19.5 then i will think differently because that would make us a 19.5 point favorite which is a little diff. but if you want to leave it at +19.5 then i am betting it ALL

I have never been a fan of running up the score, but you cannot ask the players to pull back either. If we are ahead big in the 3rd qtr start rotating players and let them play. It is still their job to stop us or if it is the other way around it is our job to stop them.

I see us haveing a good day but not a huge blowout as BC is not going to show to much before WF and USC

No one said pull for the players to pull back. Call appropriate play (not deep flag routs), and get your second team some time late in the 3rd and mixed in the 4th. I do think youre right about the plays though, it will probably be pretty white bread like the spring game.

I totally agree with you. When I said "you" in my post I was talking in general terms and not to any one person. I loved the way TO would get players in and still keep the game under control. Of course some of our second teamers back then were starters on any other team.

GBR

This is amazing...people talking about running up the score/not running up the score when NU has 4 new starters on the D-line, a brand new starter at QB...(AT NU), A Bowman who won't play which means a Grixby who can't cover dogcrap with a newspaper will, an uncertain vacancy at RB due to the NFL, and the best receiver that Nebraska has at this point will be serving his suspension. How does that 49-0 halftime score look now? I, maybe more than anyone, am jonesing for Big Red football and a great season. But the Rose-colored glasses are just a little too thick in this thread.

Should Nebraska win this game? Yes.

Should Anyone be worried about the scoreboard malfunctioning and every player on the roster seeing playing time in the 3rd quarter? Rediculous.

Just win the game, baby!

4 new starters on the D-line, a brand new starter at QB...(AT NU), A Bowman who won't play Grixby who can't cover , an uncertain vacancy at RB , and the best receiver will be serving his suspension. How does that 49-0 halftime score look now? I, maybe more than anyone, am jonesing for Big Red football and a great season. But the Rose-colored glasses are just a little too thick in this thread.

Its amazing the way you catastraphize the truth.

D-line = Suh 2nd team Big 12, Turner freshman All American

QB = Joe Dailey plays at NC, Keller is a proven winner

Secondary = Grixby is crap with 3 years of starting exp. against much better WR than Nevada has

RB = What "uncertain vacancy" Lucky had 1200 all purpose yards as a true Soph

WR = Nunn is a 4 year starter, Swift is a 3 year starter, and Peterson has alot of exp.

I dont think the Rose colored glasses are all that thick on this one.

4 new starters on the D-line, a brand new starter at QB...(AT NU), A Bowman who won't play Grixby who can't cover , an uncertain vacancy at RB , and the best receiver will be serving his suspension. How does that 49-0 halftime score look now? I, maybe more than anyone, am jonesing for Big Red football and a great season. But the Rose-colored glasses are just a little too thick in this thread.

Secondary = Grixby is crap with 3 years of starting exp. against much better WR than Nevada has

WR = Nunn is a 4 year starter, Swift is a 3 year starter, and Peterson has alot of exp.

No, the world isn't ending...not by any means...but you're straying from my point...

D-line

Turner...2006 RESERVE...played behind Moore

Suh...2006 BACKUP...played behind Dagunduro

QB

When did I mention Dailey? Trying to forget him...

I said a starter AT NEBRASKA...I didn't say Keller hasn't won or started...Keller has not started a game in Lincoln for Nebraska.

Secondary

Explain to me how Grixby, with all his 3 years' experience in getting torched by bigger, more physical receivers, is going to cover Marko Mitchell. I'm sure it'll be different this time. :rolleyes:

RB's

I don't care about Lucky's all-purpose yards, I care about RB yards. Lucky lost his starting spot at RB, and now he's back in it, possibly, due to B-Jax going pro. He will have to show he deserves it.

WR's

I didn't say anything about Nunn, Swift, or Peterson's experience...I said that Purify was the best receiver NU has at this point, and he can't play.

Look, if you want to think this will be a cakewalk for Nebraska, that's fine. I hope it is. I love this team and I hope everyone steps up and plays lights-out. I hope NU has 900 yards of offense and the 'Shirts' hold Nevada to -165 yards. I stated that NU should win this game. I just think that it is a little preposterous to bask in the 'ease' of this game. Nevada will come to play with nothing to lose, like every opponent that comes here, and with the parity of college football in this day and age, stranger things have happened. Tell me you predicted a tight opening game vs. Maine a few years ago.

No, the world isn't ending...not by any means...but you're straying from my point...

D-line

Turner...2006 RESERVE...played behind Moore

Suh...2006 BACKUP...played behind Dagunduro

QB

When did I mention Dailey? Trying to forget him...

I said a starter AT NEBRASKA...I didn't say Keller hasn't won or started...Keller has not started a game in Lincoln for Nebraska.

Secondary

Explain to me how Grixby, with all his 3 years' experience in getting torched by bigger, more physical receivers, is going to cover Marko Mitchell. I'm sure it'll be different this time. :rolleyes:

RB's

I don't care about Lucky's all-purpose yards, I care about RB yards. Lucky lost his starting spot at RB, and now he's back in it, possibly, due to B-Jax going pro. He will have to show he deserves it.

WR's

I didn't say anything about Nunn, Swift, or Peterson's experience...I said that Purify was the best receiver NU has at this point, and he can't play.

Look, if you want to think this will be a cakewalk for Nebraska, that's fine. I hope it is. I love this team and I hope everyone steps up and plays lights-out. I hope NU has 900 yards of offense and the 'Shirts' hold Nevada to -165 yards. I stated that NU should win this game. I just think that it is a little preposterous to bask in the 'ease' of this game. Nevada will come to play with nothing to lose, like every opponent that comes here, and with the parity of college football in this day and age, stranger things have happened. Tell me you predicted a tight opening game vs. Maine a few years ago.

OK, let's compare Nevada with Troy (last year's teams), just for the sake of having a halfway close side-by-side. Troy finished 8-5 on the year, playing a pretty similair schedule in terms of strength, Nevada finished 8-5 as well. We beat troy by a whopping fifty-six points. Now, you are right, we are replacing the STARTERS on the entire defensive line, but we have new starters that have already proven themselves to be legitimate as was pointed out by SkrsOVRsc. Grixby somehow in all of his absolute pathetic horribleness [/sarcasm] found a way to not get burned or give up too many plays that game, OH MY GOODNESS HOW DID HE DO IT. Lucky had 180+ yards against Troy, and funnily enough he ended up with over 800 yards of "runningback" stats when he competed with THREE other people. Now, the next point; Purify had two catches in the Troy game for a total of 45 yards. I don't have the stat on hand, but I'm pretty sure we accumulated well over 500 yards of total offense, so you subtract that 45 and then let's say 20 more yards because without Purify's catches there weren't two first downs, still over 400 yards of offense, not bad.

I am not saying that freaky things couldn't happen (it being a close game), I am just saying that is unlikely and you make it sound like we need to be extremely cautious.

This thread had a couple of members engaging in personal attacks and threats. I've moved those posts to the Woodshed under the thread "Tough Guys". If anyone wants to continue with the name calling or Internet chest puffing, that's the place.

Do NOT use any other thread or forum for that kind of thing - it's a sure way to get banned.

This thread had a couple of members engaging in personal attacks and threats. I've moved those posts to the Woodshed under the thread "Tough Guys". If anyone wants to continue with the name calling or Internet chest puffing, that's the place.

Do NOT use any other thread or forum for that kind of thing - it's a sure way to get banned.

Sorry guys, shouldnt have allowed myself to be baited into that kind of response. Wont happen again.

Sorry guys, shouldnt have allowed myself to be baited into that kind of response. Wont happen again.

its all good, and talking crap is fun also. just have to remember where and when

we all get carried away at times

its all good, and talking crap is fun also. just have to remember where and when

we all get carried away at times

Its not my fault he is a total F***kin ...............Just Kidding! :lol: