Who Cares About The QB Battle...

Alright I think we all see through this QB battle and all have our opinions as to what will happen with that, and has been discussed countless times here.

But... what about the battle at both Safety positions.

From what I hear it is a battle between 4 guys (Green, Wilson, Thenarse, and Asante) for 2 Safety positions that are interchangeable and no longer Free or Strong, but are being called Left and Right and all 4 guys will and need to know how to play both sides.

I think this is the most intriguing battle on the team because I think all of these guys have really come on strong within the final games or last year and throughout spring.

I see Green and Asante coming out on top with Wilson playing a huge role in the Nickel scheme and different packages. Thenarse still seems pretty immature to be out there as a starter, but has huge upside and will be a dominate Special Teams player again and seeing more playing time giving these guys a rest.

What do you guys think? Also you can't rule out Major Culbert because its being said that if the Freshmen Running Backs can pick things up quick enough they will move Culbert back to Defense. I'm hearing the time table is about 1-1.5 weeks into camp before they see if Castille, Helu, or Mendoza have got things.

i'd like to see them get the most atheletic players on the field who can create turnovers and some big plays. however! not at the expense of giving up big plays and blown assignments. that said, i will take experience and know-how over the possibility of a big play.

I remember seeing thenarse stopping glenn once during the spring game, and lighting people up on special teams last year...if that's still immature, then I can't wait to see the rest of the safeties. also, can't wait to see thenarse mature!

huskerguy, I'm not talking down or doubting you, just saying wow!!

I guess I just mean he seems immature in the system. He has been moved to corner to safety to corner and finally back to safety. No question he can hit and do some very exciting things and should get him on the field a lot, but I don't know how comfortable I would feel having Thenarse out there having of worry about his coverage assignments... yet.

I love how Rickey plays and he will be a stud here, but I just dont think yet. If he picks things up this fall and preforms great then great. Honestly I hope he proves me wrong we need guys out there like him, or "idiots like that" out there like McKeon would say.

It's weird to say this, but everything behind the d-line should be very solid if Bowman makes a quick return. I'm more worried about the line than the safeties.

I'm not worried about the position I just mean we have 4 really nice looking players competing for 2 spots. This is going to be a intense battle until Sep. 1st.

The line has a huge role this year....they have to fill the shoes of those who left, get a better pass rush, and keep the o-line off of the LBs. I know this is what every d-line in the country has to do, but with some of the lack of experience, it could really hurt our backfield. I hope Coz has somethings figured out as far as blitz packages and what not.

I agree with putting the players out there that can make something happen. I think Thenarse would be fine...he can lay the wood!! Green is probably a lock back there IMO.

Bowman has to get back though. We need his presence on the field!!!

Green IMO is a given with his experience and athletisism. I think Asante will win the other spot as looked great in the spring, and brings a little thunder to the backfield. Wilson I think will end up finishing his carrer having never been a starter, even though he has the ability. Thenarse is one of my favorite players on the team, but he plays one of the positions that have good depth, he will get his time soon enough though. What a great problem to have! GBR

It doesn't matter to me at all..........AS LONG AS IT ISN'T SHANLE!!! My doc said my blood pressure plummetted back to earth after the Cotton Bowl, knowing he would be moving on.......

BUT, since you asked, I will take Asante "The ASSASSIN"!!!! and GREEN until he misses one open field tackle and then go with WILSON