This is ridiculous- We NEED to beat SC

All I ever hear on college preview shows is how USC is a lock to beat everyone on their schedule easily and will be in the National Championship.

USC is very good and one of the top teams in the nation but they aren't unbeatable by any means...

Booty isn't Carson Palmer or Matt Leinhart, that is just a fact...

They are replacing 2 very good starting WRs, yes they have All American behind All American at WR but not all the guys ever pan out. Things also change when your put in and you have to be the guy. Patrick Turner is a really good WR, but other than him I'm not to impressed with their WRs because they haven't had to show anything in their career.

Their RBs are good, with great potential but again they haven't shown me that they are superman and can do the amazing things like a Reggie Bush.

The defense is GREAT! But all I hear is the speed and all that crap... we play in the Big XII the speed isn't that much different! We are putting some of the same players on the field now that USC was wanting to play for them 2-3 years ago.

Bottom line USC is beatable without a doubt in my mind. I don't know that we will beat them but I hate how everyone, not just Mark May, keeps writing them in the NC with permanent marker like there is absolutely no chance in hell anyone can beat them (us, UCLA, Cal, hell maybe someone like Oregon St again).

They are amazing but they are in no way unbeatable. Upsets always happen and you almost never expect most of them. I could list tons of them from last year, but that would be redundent. we know Nebraska can beat them,or we could get killed, anything could happen. Don't get too discouraged with what the media is saying about their wonder boy USC. ESPN is in love with them and for good reason but don't worry too much.

I was listening to someone that covers USC talk about how they could struggle without their receivers, because Booty really relied on their talent last year. It talked about how he struggled when Jarrett was injured last year, because he and Smith never made a mistake with routes, and could use their athleticism and talent to make plays that shouldn't have been made.

However, their defense was very young last year and they lose nothing, and they were awesome. They have experience at QB which is pretty important as well. Last year people were dismissing them because they had to replace one of the greatest RB's in college history as well as an awesome QB, yet they still fared really well.

I think the Huskers could win, but we're bringing in a new QB, we lost 4 NFL-caliber defensive linemen, we still have no weapon at TE and our best CB is questionable for the game. Hopefully the x-factor (the crowd) will help quite a bit.

I was listening to someone that covers USC talk about how they could struggle without their receivers, because Booty really relied on their talent last year. It talked about how he struggled when Jarrett was injured last year, because he and Smith never made a mistake with routes, and could use their athleticism and talent to make plays that shouldn't have been made.

However, their defense was very young last year and they lose nothing, and they were awesome. They have experience at QB which is pretty important as well. Last year people were dismissing them because they had to replace one of the greatest RB's in college history as well as an awesome QB, yet they still fared really well.

I think the Huskers could win, but we're bringing in a new QB, we lost 4 NFL-caliber defensive linemen, we still have no weapon at TE and our best CB is questionable for the game. Hopefully the x-factor (the crowd) will help quite a bit.

but don't forget what WE bring in now...

-a RB (Lucky) with a lot more game experience, he had very little from his Freshmen year...

-a WR (Purify) who now knows the playbook and can dominate games at times

-a OL that is strong and has played together a lot

- Veteran LB crew

- DBs with quite a bit of in game experience (both success and failure)

All I'm saying is we have gained to... as well as we have lost some things, just like SC

I would also say we upgraded big time at QB

Booty is being placed in the hypsman category.

Their top running back last year, injured mid season, can not make the four deep rotation and is transfering.

Their WR's and Booty practiced together all summer, just like everybody else does.

Our upgrade at QB gave them the national lead in interceptions in one game.

Our running back was not impressive up the middle last year. SC has the speed to shut down the outside and he has yet to take a hit after his concussion. He, in my mind has yet to prove himself.

Anyone who thinks we win this game on talent is in for a long day. We win this game with coaching. We will have a very hard time moving the ball them. Schemes will win this game if it is to be won. I hope we win this game, but I will totally understand if we don't.

SC is as good as the media says. But on any given day any team can lose. We are looking at what we were ten years ago. You can not expect their fans to feel any different than we did then. Some still think that way. Hope for a great night to play the game, give every bit we have to make the noise a problem,, and keep our fingers crossed. This could be one of the best games in college football this year. Enjoy it and let our actions on the field do the talking. Respect your competition, they have earned it.

skersfan is right--this game is not entirely won by our talent. ( but we do have some playmakers.)

if ruud can get one of his timely turnovers, if octavien can strip the QB on a blitz, if bowman is back and can get a tipped pass for an INT, and our offense can muster first downs and a couple big plays to keep the crowd in it; i think we have a chance...basically, TURNOVERS and TIMELY OFFENSE.

Has anyone ventured over to the ESPN college football boards? Half the topics are about USC. This one USC fan told me NU wouldn't even score, cause USC is better than last year. I go "WTF" and he says Lincoln will be filled halfway with USC fans so homefield won't matter...I just LMAO'd and left.

USC has terrible fans.

Half filled with USC fans? Now that's funny!

I can attest to the fact that they have no idea of what they are headed into.

My boss (SC alum) was talking about taking both our families to the SC/Nebraska game. He went with me to the game last year. He was talking about buying 10 tickets together and all this.

He called me yesterday and said one ticket cost more than the season tickets at SC. He could not believe he couldn't get 10 tickets together anywhere. He has decided not to go to the game. He is buying me SC season tickets instead.

I told him he would be lucky to see 4000 SC fans there.

I can attest to the fact that they have no idea of what they are headed into.

My boss (SC alum) was talking about taking both our families to the SC/Nebraska game. He went with me to the game last year. He was talking about buying 10 tickets together and all this.

He called me yesterday and said one ticket cost more than the season tickets at SC. He could not believe he couldn't get 10 tickets together anywhere. He has decided not to go to the game. He is buying me SC season tickets instead.

I told him he would be lucky to see 4000 SC fans there.

there are USC donor tickets for sale on ebay, so there might not be 4000

All I ever hear on college preview shows is how USC is a lock to beat everyone on their schedule easily and will be in the National Championship.

USC is very good and one of the top teams in the nation but they aren't unbeatable by any means...

Booty isn't Carson Palmer or Matt Leinhart, that is just a fact...

They are replacing 2 very good starting WRs, yes they have All American behind All American at WR but not all the guys ever pan out. Things also change when your put in and you have to be the guy. Patrick Turner is a really good WR, but other than him I'm not to impressed with their WRs because they haven't had to show anything in their career.

Their RBs are good, with great potential but again they haven't shown me that they are superman and can do the amazing things like a Reggie Bush.

The defense is GREAT! But all I hear is the speed and all that crap... we play in the Big XII the speed isn't that much different! We are putting some of the same players on the field now that USC was wanting to play for them 2-3 years ago.

Bottom line USC is beatable without a doubt in my mind. I don't know that we will beat them but I hate how everyone, not just Mark May, keeps writing them in the NC with permanent marker like there is absolutely no chance in hell anyone can beat them (us, UCLA, Cal, hell maybe someone like Oregon St again).

Thank you for being the voice of reason! NO TEAM is unbeatable. Do they have great talent and depth? YES, will we need to play a great game and hope for some breaks? PROBABLY YES, but Unbeatable? Absolutely Not!

I'm tired of arrogant SC fans and even some husker fans on this very board thinking that us beating SC is UNREALISTIC! What's UNREALISTIC is them thinking they can't be beat!