player we can't afford to lose

On 1620 yesterday they discussed the player that we cannot afford to lose this season, the player that could mean the difference between a good season and a bad season.

What do all of you think?

I guess I'll go with the obvious answer, the QB, whom we all know will be Keller. I'm sure Ganz is a good player, but based on what I'm hearing on the radio, etc., the "competition" really isn't that close between Keller & Ganz.

With our complicated offense, we have to have a strong QB or it will be a very long season.

On 1620 yesterday they discussed the player that we cannot afford to lose this season, the player that could mean the difference between a good season and a bad season.

What do all of you think?

I guess I'll go with the obvious answer, the QB, whom we all know will be Keller. I'm sure Ganz is a good player, but based on what I'm hearing on the radio, etc., the "competition" really isn't that close between Keller & Ganz.

With our complicated offense, we have to have a strong QB or it will be a very long season.

i dont think losing Keller would be the worst that could happen, i think if Ganz was QB our record would only be worse by about 1 game. Somebody in the secondary however, ugh..

I think any injuries in the secondary would be disastrous.

Obviously injuries at any position would be hurtful, but fortunately I think our secondary is in a lot better position this year than it was last year in terms of depth, talent & experience, but if we want to make any kind of serious run IMO at a BCS bowl we will need Keller and Lucky to stay healthy! Regardless of how you feel about Ganz, Keller is big time QB who can take us to the next level this year and Lucky seams to have his head on straight (assuming Erickson didn't cause any permanent damage) with a lot to prove and with Glenn being injury prone with freshman backups, Lucky will be key.

Suh.

While we have some depth on the defensive line, we don't really have anybody that can do what Suh can do for us. Losing him weakens the defensive immensly.

I agree and this is one guy a lot of people wouldn't immediately think of either!!!! They guy is a beast and just creates havoc when he is out there.

AR could not be more right. I listened to the radio show, and Kevin kept reiterating that he thinks Keller is the man we can't lose. Michael thought Carl Nicks was that man.

While I appreciate both of these opinions....

1. All reports from practice say that Zach Lee is our most mobile quarterback, and has the strongest arm as well. Ganz knows the offense like the backside of his hand.....and we all know Witt looks like he is going to be a stud. While I am praying daily that we do NOT lost Keller....we would survive.

2. Its no secret that the most important position on the OLine is LT. Especially with a stationary QB like Keller. I don't think that Michael is too far off on this one, but again....all reports from practices say that we are very deep on the Oline and I think someone like DJ Jones could step in here. He may not be as good as Nicks, but he is a very big man with a huge upside. Again, we could SURVIVE without him.

Suh is ABSOLUTELY irreplaceable. Sure, our D line seems to be deeper than we all thought...but NO ONE can plug up the middle like Suh. Having him allows our D Ends to face 1 linemen basically every single play.

5 Linemen (not counting TE) and 4 pass rushers. Suh will command the respect of 2 linemen every play. Leaving only 1 for each of the other D Linemen. I am not counting the TE because there will always be a Linebacker or Safety responsible for the TE.

AR could not be more right. I listened to the radio show, and Kevin kept reiterating that he thinks Keller is the man we can't lose. Michael thought Carl Nicks was that man.

While I appreciate both of these opinions....

1. All reports from practice say that Zach Lee is our most mobile quarterback, and has the strongest arm as well. Ganz knows the offense like the backside of his hand.....and we all know Witt looks like he is going to be a stud. While I am praying daily that we do NOT lost Keller....we would survive.

2. Its no secret that the most important position on the OLine is LT. Especially with a stationary QB like Keller. I don't think that Michael is too far off on this one, but again....all reports from practices say that we are very deep on the Oline and I think someone like DJ Jones could step in here. He may not be as good as Nicks, but he is a very big man with a huge upside. Again, we could SURVIVE without him.

Suh is ABSOLUTELY irreplaceable. Sure, our D line seems to be deeper than we all thought...but NO ONE can plug up the middle like Suh. Having him allows our D Ends to face 1 linemen basically every single play.

5 Linemen (not counting TE) and 4 pass rushers. Suh will command the respect of 2 linemen every play. Leaving only 1 for each of the other D Linemen. I am not counting the TE because there will always be a Linebacker or Safety responsible for the TE.

Great post

I agree with ya fellas.. great topic. :thumbs

But I seriously do not think we are there yet as a team to see our season go down the tank by losing one player.

Henne / Michigan - Okay

Bromm / Louisville - Okay

Booty / SoCal - Okay

McCoy / UT - Okay

White / West Va. - Okay

McFadden / Arkansas - Okay

Biggest concern in all of major college football is Q-B. We have two potentially solid guys here. Not worried. Other than that, it's RB and we are deep there as well (2-3 deep).

Sorry fellas, no season ending heartbreakers (loss of) on this squad...

And that's a good thing! :thumbs

PS> Dont mean to disagree with disrespect, but a 300 pound D-lineman and blindside O-lineman (Left tackle) ARE replaceable. Those guys can be picked up off the street corners of IHOP or Waffle House any day of the week. Little humor there, sure, but you get what I'm saying.