Tunnel Walk

I don't care for it much, either. The song is cool, but how long did they make them stand there and wait with the gate open?? How dumb is that...

That may have been due to waiting for the TV feed to go live.

Did they really make them wait? Can they do that?

***SNIP***

Yes, they can make them do that. As part of the TV package, the network can delay the entrance so as to get the shot.

ya know what i like the new tunnel walk except for the airplane part and if someone actually thought that some players might have been comming the sky then i would say that you were smoking something, but did like when the lightning hit the statue and the players came to life to tackle the wolfpack player

I agree with you completely....just dumb...no imagination. Just keep Mikey Bo's song the whole time. show some highlights. I thought last years little profile with the three players giving a little story and then saying "I play for Nebraska" was pretty good.

This is lame :hellloooo

yah, but i did like how the helmet of on the k-state statue morphed into the wolfpack helmet and then get driven into the ground by the blackshirt statues.

but for the most part, they were aiming for badass, but ended-up with goofy.

I agree with you completely....just dumb...no imagination. Just keep Mikey Bo's song the whole time. show some highlights. I thought last years little profile with the three players giving a little story and then saying "I play for Nebraska" was pretty good.

yah, but i did like how the helmet of on the k-state statue morphed into the wolfpack helmet and then get driven into the ground by the blackshirt statues.

but for the most part, they were aiming for badass, but ended-up with goofy.

Whatever they were 'aiming' at...they missed.

I don't care for it much, either. The song is cool, but how long did they make them stand there and wait with the gate open?? How dumb is that...

That may have been due to waiting for the TV feed to go live.

Did they really make them wait? Can they do that? At the time, I didn't notice anything that TV would have delayed this, but I could be wrong. Say what you wanna about the remix, but I still feel they completely messed it up. I wasn't impressed, and I like the MikeyBo mix. Get rid of the idiots jumping out of the plane, and put in highlights...I am totally unimpressed with the HuskerVision crew...wow, they have no imagination whatsoever. :angry:

lmfao, no imagination = just putting highlights on the tunnel walk. I didn't like the plane thing either, but I'm tired of watching Johnny Rodgers returning it against OU.

I see what you're getting at...but highlights are better than the crap they tried to convey...if I was a media guru, I'd have a better idea...what's yours? Because this definitely didn't work...Everyone around me liked the song, but thought the guys in ties was a FedEx commercial. No one got it. Neither did I.

FedEx?

I thought that was Huey Lewis & the News.

Mighty lame even though I used to Sky Dive.

Next time..Lets make TV wait and use Highlights+"I play for Nebraska" interviews on a revolving basis..Maybe a few Sr's each game and Maybe some highlights of prev. games with the current opponent.

I hate the new tunnel walk video.

The song is great from Mikey Bo but it doesn't transition into Sirius whatsoever like the actual Mikey Bo "Husker Beat" or "USC Is Going Down"

BIG LETDOWN!!!

Maybe they will fix it for USC, god please do.

Completely agreed. For all of the hype locally (and nationally) about the song, in particular, this was a complete dud. I was so focused on how bad the video was that I didn't even pay attention to the song so I had to listen to it again. I really wish they would have used the re-mix version we've all been hearing.

Hopefully the Huskervision crew looks at threads like these (or just looked at the puzzled look on the crowd's faces) and spends a few more late nights in the editing room.

Oh and I like how at the end of the clip, it cuts to ground level and you hear the proud Cornhusker Marching Band....sounding like a band playing at a 7th grade B-game. Yuck.

Mighty lame even though I used to Sky Dive.

Next time..Lets make TV wait and use Highlights+"I play for Nebraska" interviews on a revolving basis..Maybe a few Sr's each game and Maybe some highlights of prev. games with the current opponent.

more to the point, it looks like they were jumping out of KC-135. trivial, yah, but still...

WTF is so difficult about this? The players coming out is what we get pumped up for, right? So why do they overcomplicate the introduction? We have a pretty good tradition here, actually a damn good one. It's been filled with some awesome moments over the years, along with many great players. I would think you would have trouble picking a few out of them all that would get people the most fired up, because there are just too many. But instead we have ACTORS in the damn video! I could understand maybe a team like Nevada would need some outside influence to get people excited to watch. But here? Ok... :rant

I think it woulda been better if it was BC instead of the woman on the plane and then the players had their uniforms on instead. And instead of landing in front of the stadium they shoulda landed on the field while the oponents r on it and they knock em out as they land....

May not be great but i think itd be better than it is!