Extension for BC

I don't know why they didn't wait until later in the season. He is already overpaid, so hopefully it wasn't a big raise.

pleasefirecallahan.com is alive and well.

It will be making sure he lives up to this years expectations and the new contract.

do us all a favor and go play in the street during oncoming traffic

I don't know why they didn't wait until later in the season. He is already overpaid, so hopefully it wasn't a big raise.

It will be making sure he lives up to this years expectations and the new contract.

:rollin:rollin:rollin

pleasefirecallahan.com is a waste of time, resources, and brain power. It is now completely obsolete, as it has no chance of removing Callahan from Nebraska football. He's our coach now and likely until he retires. Either get behind him or let the rest of us celebrate his coming success in peace.

And USC must be razed to the ground.

For a website with such honorable intentions though, doesn't it have an a-hole-ish, sensationalist kind of name? You know, it's almost like those intentions aren't exactly what the site is about.

The top 5 reasons to fire Bill Callahan:

5. Harrison Beck - YES I am still mad!

Sam Keller and Blaine Gabbert.

4. Avg 1.9yds per rush against USC and still only attempted 17 passes

Fair point. Gosh, I guess this takes away from everything he's accomplished, though.

3. ZERO wins vs. Oklahoma...not acceptable

Zero for two, mind you, with the first coming in the lost '04 season when OU was on top, and the second being a 31-24 game that was well played. Might want to check out Dr. Tom's record against Oklahoma in his first several seasons. Yeah, those people who wanted Osborne fired then sure knew what they were talking about, right? Just like the people who wanted to fire Mack Brown for the same reason, since he was obviously never going to get over the hump and beat the Sooners either.

2. 2007 Cotton Bowl. Ran a draw then punted instead of attempting a pass and a field goal. Seriously?

Jordan Congdon....seriously?

1. He's Bill Callahan

Seriously, did the guy who wrote this run out of creativity? You'd think there'd be some broad, insightful reasons, such as "lack of passion," "disconnect with the players," "inability to put together a good staff", or "can't recruit"...oh wait.

Finally, here's a tip....name your page something other than "Page 1." Hint: change the stuff in the <title> tag....

I would say Callahan has been nothing but GREAT for the University of Nebraska. Yes it has taking some time, but we are now starting to see what the future holds for the Huskers and I would say the future looks very bright.

You guys have great retorts. I am quite impressed. And am I understanding this correct, I am wasting my time for expressing the faults I see in Callahan but everyone who is emailing ESPN (which is a good network to at least see games) trying to cry about Mark May. Who cares what Mark May said. Best of luck getting him fired.

Again, you miss the entire point of the website.

Oh, Zoogies allow me to clue you in...Harrison Beck is because of how it was handled not because he transfered. So my point is valid. Everyone was complaining when he wasted his redshirt year.

And the play calling prior to the 4th down didn't make sense. You don't run on 3 and 13 if you are going to punt that late in the game. The second OU game was during Stoops worst season at OU and we were at home. We had to come back to make it close. We were smoked and not ready to play in the first half....btw the Big 12 Championship last year. The last point is Bill Callahan chokes in the big game and doesn't win them. And agianst USC he should have continue to pass the ball and done it earlier. 17 pass attempts when the passes were working? Taylor had better ratio stats than Booty. Poor execution and that is stated by EVERYONE but NU fans. That is my issue. He always executes poorly in big games. That is a FACT. Close games are losses...I am not impressed like you are.

Here's the Huskers.com link:

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SP...;ATCLID=1207382

Callahan Signs New Five-Year Agreement

Release: 09/04/2007

Nebraska Coach Bill Callahan signed a five-year agreement on Tuesday that will keep him at Nebraska through at least the 2011 season. Lincoln – Nebraska Athletic Director Steve Pederson announced Tuesday that NU Head Football Coach Bill Callahan has signed a new five-year contract that runs through Jan. 31, 2012.

"I have said on numerous occasions that we want Coach Callahan to be the coach at Nebraska for a long time," Pederson said. "This commitment to Bill and his staff is a result of our belief that all the right ingredients are in place for long-term success. Bill has assembled a top-notch staff, and they are recruiting outstanding young men. He also has set a very high standard for discipline, integrity and work ethic that makes us proud as Nebraskans."

The new five-year agreement was reached late last week, but the final contract was not signed by both sides until today.

"We have a nationally televised game Saturday, and we want to focus all of our attention on Wake Forest because we have such great respect for that program," Callahan said. "Obviously, I also have the utmost respect for the University of Nebraska, the state of Nebraska and all the fans who support our players and our coaches. We’ve been given the support and the resources we need to achieve at the highest levels. I’m very excited to get that kind of commitment, and I’m also very grateful to Harvey Perlman and Steve Pederson."

Callahan’s original six-year contract, signed in 2004, included an annual compensation of $1.5 million. That contract has now been replaced with a new five-year agreement that calls for compensation of $1.75 million annually. It also includes a potential $425,000 in bonuses on an annual basis. The new contract is retroactive to July 2007.

Callahan, 51, is in his fourth season as head coach at Nebraska, and is in his 30th year overall in the coaching profession.

Last season, Nebraska won its first Big 12 North title since 1999, and Zac Taylor was named the league’s Offensive Player of the Year. Callahan is the only active college head football coach to guide a team to a Super Bowl appearance (the Oakland Raiders in 2002). Nine of his previous 29 seasons were spent in the National Football League.

Don't the players excute the plays? Coach calls the plays, players excute said plays...not a knock on the players but Coach Callahan is not on the field of play excuting plays... <_<

And I don't believe you will ever be impressed with anything he does.

Listen to Husker Rob and go play in traffic. :angry: