USC Practicing In Noise

huskerguy

I just heard that in their off week USC will be practicing in the noise and how to handle it. Pete Carroll said something to the effect of "Nebraska is on of the most hostile environments in college football"

So to the obvious question of having this game at home being a huge advantage I think this shows it.

Any time you have the opponent concerned about the environment instead of the gameplan and other things in the off week is a huge advantage.

I don't think that's any big surprise (that they are practicing in noise) is it? At least for any team with a loud enough sound system. I know when I was in Lincoln from 93-97 that they pumped up the volume for multiple practices throughout the year.....I can't imagine that most of the big programs don't.

There is a difference between practicing with blaring loudspeakers and playing in a top 25 game with the electricity of a live crowd there. That said, I don't think it'll affect USC too much, considering they have played in more than enough big games this decade.

Yeah and look what the most recent team has done, lost at UCLA and Oregon St.

I don't think that's any big surprise (that they are practicing in noise) is it? At least for any team with a loud enough sound system. I know when I was in Lincoln from 93-97 that they pumped up the volume for multiple practices throughout the year.....I can't imagine that most of the big programs don't.

but practicing with noise will not be like the real thing. I will be at the game yelling my ass off, and there is no way that Pete Carroll can practice that

I've never been fortunate to see a game live, but observing from the Tele, Husker crowds never appear "hostile" as it is overplayed by coaches. From my standpoint, it usually looks like the fans are paying attention and reserved until a big play occurs. So it would appear that the noise level goes from mild cheering to deafening like that. But hostile? I dont think so.