Ignoring Kirk

The group about ignoring Kirk is over 100 people now on facebook. It continues to grow, and is spreading aroung the UNL campus pretty well right now. I have contacted the Daily Nebraskan about it, so hopefully it gets some more pub. The link for the group is right here:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=12161910446

I know a lot of people don't have a facebook so here is what it says on it:

"We need to be crazy during the broadcast. Chanting Go Huskers and Husker Power, but whenever Kirk talks, let's literally ignore him. Take out the Daily Nebraskan, put it in front of your face, and read or pretend to read it. When he's done talking, put them down, pull your signs back out, and go crazy once again. Whenever Kirk starts talking, of course continue to do this. this could be a legendary thing in Gameday's history, if 15,000 people went dead silence for however long he was talking. So show up at Gameday on September 15th before the show starts at 9 am, with the DN in hand."

I know not everyone has a facebook, so for those who don't, make sure you let as many people as possible know about what's going to happen. This isn't a mean thing. This is just a joke after he cried about the 95 team not being the best of all time. It will get a few laughs, and could even get some from him :lol: If you do have a facebook, make sure you join this group, and invite friends! This could be one of the funniest things to ever happen on the show if it works. GBR!

Thanks for the support everyone. Seriously, if you're going, or you know someone who is, tell them about this, direct them here or to the facebook page, and tell them to do the same. If this is just a couple people, no one will care. But if it is over 15,000 people actually doing this, we'll all be legends... at least in our own minds :lol: So get the word out there!

IMO you should do the exact opposite. The louder, more excited we are the better, even if it is Kirky the turkey. Here's why. Like it or not it's national TV, kids from across the country hear how great it is in Lincoln to play ball, how we follow it and what kind of fans we are. Those same kids will not have a clue as to why it is dead silent but they will wonder what all the hype is about Nebraska, the fans and playing there if it is dead silent. The best way to shut Kirkyboy up is to be as loud as possible and to make everyone see how great it is to be a football player at Nebraska. Maybe by doing so you won't turn off a potential heisman trophy winner who then ends up going to a different school. Winning will shut the guy up, nothing less and nothing more.

That is a GREAT idea. Show him that we dont give a sh#t what he says.

I have to disagree there. It pretty much shows we really do care what he says and don't like it. If Husker fans didn't care, there would be no reaction to his words and nothing like this would be attempted.

I think it's a good idea, but it's one of those all or nothing things. If a lot of people end up doing it, it'll be cool...if just a scattered few, it'll be lame.

IMO you should do the exact opposite. The louder, more excited we are the better, even if it is Kirky the turkey. Here's why. Like it or not it's national TV, kids from across the country hear how great it is in Lincoln to play ball, how we follow it and what kind of fans we are. Those same kids will not have a clue as to why it is dead silent but they will wonder what all the hype is about Nebraska, the fans and playing there if it is dead silent. The best way to shut Kirkyboy up is to be as loud as possible and to make everyone see how great it is to be a football player at Nebraska. Maybe by doing so you won't turn off a potential heisman trophy winner who then ends up going to a different school. Winning will shut the guy up, nothing less and nothing more.

agreed, like I said in the thread about the signs, Gameday is a big deal , a lot of media attention when recuirts see it they usually like that the school is getting the attention, if we do this ESPN probably won't want to come back, and even possibly drop some tv coverage. So ask your self what is better watching the team play and getting top recuirts or making fun of ESPN, I strongly urge everyone to be loud and proud and wearing red, don't make signs making fun of espn, yelling that they suck, or pulling up newspapers when Kirk talks