Keller and Ganz

Keller is the Qb we have that will give us the best chance to win. He has been inconsistent at times, but against Nevada it was only the drops, it wasn't his fault in that game. He had some bad throws against Wake true. What you need to understand is that Keller is our starter and that will not change. Ganz won't start over Keller unless injury. With that said, you mention Keller's inconsistency, so your solution is to bench him and would solve what? It sure as heck wouldn't help out his consistency! These first 2 games are good for getting him re-adjusted to the game. Hopefully adjusted enough before USC and he is more ready. No way should we bench him though.

It's kind of hard to get a rhythm going when your receiving corp is averaging 5 drops per game for the first 2 games. If those balls are caught, Keller has a 74% completion and about 200 more yards passing and probably 1 or 2 more TD's. Seriously, once they hit their groove, they will be just fine.

I was just wondering what your thoughts are on Benching Keller if he is really struggling early. Callahan knows how much this game means, but would he go this far?

Personally I think I would bench him, he still hasn't been consist in throwing even against Nevada, I want to win and if Keller can't get it done then I say throw in Ganz or who ever else could get the job done. This goes for any postition, if they are struggling they should be replaced at least IMO. I hope this isn't to mean or arrogant for me to say but like everyone else I want a win.

I will assume that the coaches pretty much knew how well Keller would be playing --- they see him in practice each day and know his understanding of the game plan, etc. They know the same regarding Ganz. So.... I surmise that NU ran so much against Nevada so as to let Keller settle in slowly, ease him in. And they have not rotated Ganz in much at all to get him some snaps.

Now Keller has been, well, OK. I'd also guess that he is the best we have at the moment. That we have seen so little of Ganz tells me that he is not in the picture unless Keller gets hurt.

If I were coach.... you cannot give up on Keller now. Stick with him. This is a non-conference game of little meaning (in terms of the reasonable goal of winning the Big 12 north). To yank Keller now would not bode well for him comes conference time. Further, it likely will not matter who is the QB on Saturday, the immediate result will be the same (USC wins).

While I don't think Keller should be benched just yet, I don't agree with the whole "have faith in your players" crap. That's what got NU into this mess in the first place. Have faith in Franky... he's been with the program... he deserves a break... Give Lord a chance... he's a good QB, he just needs reps. Bohl is a good coach, have faith, he has a plan, etc.

Seriously... I think Keller can be awesome, but yeah, if he sucks it up during the USC game... I see no reason to stick with him. Bench Zach last year and we might have beaten Oklahoma... just like benching O'Donnell in the superbowl might have given the Steelers a fighting chance.

Faith is for church.

I am not saying not to start him, but if he goes out there and throws two picks to start with. Against USC that won't cut it, I was just wondering if you would rather stick with Keller if he is playing awful or go with Ganz. Just like at the Millard West vs. Southwest game, Pederson sat VerVelde (starting QB) and put in Hauptman (backup) for the second half of the second quarter. That motivated VerVelde enough to come back and lead a charge of 28 points in 83 seconds for Millard West. Maybe that is what Keller needs, you never know. Espically with him being hurt so much by being benched at ASU, he might not feel like getting benched and come back out and light up the field.

Keep showing your genius by comparing a D-1 program to a high school football team. :thumbs