USC Prediction

robsker

I don't think USC is as a good as in past years and I think possibly LSU is the real #1 team in the country. But either way, I just don't see us pulling it off on Saturday. We did not look good against Wake and have many areas in which to improve. I know, I've read everything about playing at Wake, they're the ACC champs, blah, blah, blah, but the bottom line is we just didn't look good enough to beat USC, even in Lincoln.

Wow. You are gonna get attacked for not beleiving that we can win every game and if we don't then fire the coaches!!

Yeah, I think we will probably lose this game. I hope not but it is gonna be tough.

We are a Top 20 team. amybe even a Top 15 team, but I don't think we are a Top 10 team......yet.

Because we have to break in a new QB next year, we won't be a Top 10 team for 2 more years.

Breaking in another new QB. Wow! That's gonna hurt.

We would accomplish many more things if we did not think of them as impossible. - Vince Lombardi

Last week was a typical case of 'pulling a Michigan'. We were looking ahead, but still pulled it together to win. We showed the makings of a strong team, a team that didn't fall down and stay down.

WE GOT BACK UP!

USC is the 'best team in the nation' by everyone's standards. But they don't have the most important thing in college football. They don't have character. They don't have the gold marks on their helmets that were earned from fighting Wake for a win. They don't have that humbling feeling of 'surviving' a road game.

To the doubters - that is what you are. You are not a 'realist' - you are a doubter.

NE has a chance, they have the makings. They need the true blue Husker fans to show up, inside Memorial and out. Fill the parking lots with you, your friends, your friends friends. Then walk into the GREATEST COLLEGE FOOTBALL STADIUM IN AMERICA, truly read the words above the gates.

Husker Nation has been doubting our team for 5 years. The team should be doubting us. It's time to step up and truly be THE GREATEST FANS IN COLLEGE FOOTBALL.

Theims. Great point about potential lack of character on USC. You might just be right.

Character, never giving up and playing to the last minute --- which I think, and I hope the Huskers will do, is what matters. The Huskers did sweat it out and got back up. That is why it is fun to root for this team.

They will be up against it this week. USC, even without character, has so much talent that it still is a juggernaut.

May character prevail and NU pull off the upset. Such is great to hope for and pull for. Just do not expect such and be somehow disappointed if it does not happen!

go big red.

Go big red.

Go Big red.

Go Big Red.

GO Big Red.

GO BIG Red.

GO BIG RED.

GO BIG RED!

We would accomplish many more things if we did not think of them as impossible. - Vince Lombardi

Last week was a typical case of 'pulling a Michigan'. We were looking ahead, but still pulled it together to win. We showed the makings of a strong team, a team that didn't fall down and stay down.

WE GOT BACK UP!

They don't have the gold marks on their helmets that were earned from fighting Wake for a win.

Husker Nation has been doubting our team for 5 years. The team should be doubting us. It's time to step up and truly be THE GREATEST FANS IN COLLEGE FOOTBALL.

Sometimes you have to decide to win when you are faced with an up hill battle. Some of you that have played college football know what I am talking about, but it doesnt stop there. The same mentality applies to everyday life in so many situations. To be a winner you must view yourself as such, and we must view our favorite team that way even if it is an up hill battle. GBR

Wow. You are gonna get attacked for not beleiving that we can win every game and if we don't then fire the coaches!!

Yeah, I think we will probably lose this game. I hope not but it is gonna be tough.

We are a Top 20 team. amybe even a Top 15 team, but I don't think we are a Top 10 team......yet.

Because we have to break in a new QB next year, we won't be a Top 10 team for 2 more years.

No, really. I mean, look at Oklahoma. :-P

Stoops runs a different offense and it is easier to step right in and produce. Also, if Gabbert is our QB as a freshman then we are done for a couple of years. I think he will probably start his 2nd or 3rd year here after redshirting. There is no reason to start him too early for the sake of experience. This offense is too complicated for that.

But onto the predition, who the hell knows! But what we do know is that our defense needs to create turnovers b/c we don't have the speed to play with them the entire game.

It's nice to see everyone coming back to earth a little bit. I am a die hard fan but I am not lost in the clouds with emotion. The cubs fan made a great example. Loyalty with a splash of reality.

Stoops runs a different offense and it is easier to step right in and produce. Also, if Gabbert is our QB as a freshman then we are done for a couple of years. I think he will probably start his 2nd or 3rd year here after redshirting. There is no reason to start him too early for the sake of experience. This offense is too complicated for that.

But onto the predition, who the hell knows! But what we do know is that our defense needs to create turnovers b/c we don't have the speed to play with them the entire game.

It's nice to see everyone coming back to earth a little bit. I am a die hard fan but I am not lost in the clouds with emotion. The cubs fan made a great example. Loyalty with a splash of reality.

That being said....I just want to remind you that EVERY game is winnable. I am just not one of the "doubters". simply put

Ok.... Here goes.

If the Husker's bring their "A" game, the best they can play (of course, we do not know what that is, yet... so this is guess work) and US C brings their "A" game --- then I see USC by 14-17 points.

If the Huskers bring the "A" game and USC brings their "B" game --- USC by 3-7 points.

If the Huskers bring their "A" game and USC brings their "C" game, the Huskers win by 3.

If the Huskers bring their "B" or "C" game, then this thing gets real ugly, real fast (unless USC is also off as well)

Moral of the story --- hope the Huskers play their "A" game and that USC is not on their game.

There is hope..... slim, but we can hope.

No one should expect victory on Saturday, be reasonable. Hope, certainly. Expect, no.

I think its an uphill battle for us, but I dont think USC is as good as you are giving them credit, and I think that playing in lincoln is harder than you are making it out to be. I dont see USC having on of their better games. of course if we play like last week it wont matter.

You might be right. Maybe USC is not as good as I think. But, I'll tell you this.... they should be. The crazy number of highly rated recruits they have on that team should make it such that they have no excuse not to beat anyone placed in front of them.

And USC does tend to, I think, underacheive. So, maybe they come in flat and not taking NU seriously. We can only hope.

It doesn't matter what some posters on message boards think about the trojans, a bunch of AP voters seem to think they are the best college football team right now.

Maybe so.

Lots of football cliches apply to this game, among them-

anyone can be beaten on a given day

home team advantage is worth (X) points

defense wins games

the best defense is a good offense

blah, blah, blah.

The one I like-- hey, it's in LINCOLN!! Anything can happen!!

BEAT USC!!

No, really. I mean, look at Oklahoma. :-P

They do have a talented Freshman QB but I don't think they system is as complicated.

Most people say it takes 2 years to really know Cally's offense. Taylor really understood it and was a pretty talented kid with a lot of heart but he was a JUCO plug in and he went as far as his talent would take him.

Keller has all the skills but really only gets to play 1 year in this system.

The talent we have behinf Keller is awesome but we'll need 1 year for someone to play themselves into the offense and then I do think we are back to top 10 status.

Ideally we get to a recuriting place where, you redshirt, work hard to learn the system for a couple of years and get 2 years of playing time with depth at every position. I do believe we are heading that way.

BTW- even though I think we will probably lose, don't think I won't be glued to the TV screaming my head off!! I want us to win! I want us to be a top 10 team!! I live in CO, I want to unleash on my neighbors.

Ok.... Here goes.

If the Husker's bring their "A" game, the best they can play (of course, we do not know what that is, yet... so this is guess work) and US C brings their "A" game --- then I see USC by 14-17 points.

If the Huskers bring the "A" game and USC brings their "B" game --- USC by 3-7 points.

If the Huskers bring their "A" game and USC brings their "C" game, the Huskers win by 3.

If the Huskers bring their "B" or "C" game, then this thing gets real ugly, real fast (unless USC is also off as well)

Moral of the story --- hope the Huskers play their "A" game and that USC is not on their game.

There is hope..... slim, but we can hope.

No one should expect victory on Saturday, be reasonable. Hope, certainly. Expect, no.

I think its an uphill battle for us, but I dont think USC is as good as you are giving them credit, and I think that playing in lincoln is harder than you are making it out to be. I dont see USC having on of their better games. of course if we play like last week it wont matter.

You might be right. Maybe USC is not as good as I think. But, I'll tell you this.... they should be. The crazy number of highly rated recruits they have on that team should make it such that they have no excuse not to beat anyone placed in front of them.

And USC does tend to, I think, underacheive. So, maybe they come in flat and not taking NU seriously. We can only hope.

It doesn't matter what some posters on message boards think about the trojans, a bunch of AP voters seem to think they are the best college football team right now.

Maybe so.

Lots of football cliches apply to this game, among them-

anyone can be beaten on a given day

home team advantage is worth (X) points

defense wins games

the best defense is a good offense

blah, blah, blah.

The one I like-- hey, it's in LINCOLN!! Anything can happen!!

BEAT USC!!

thank you

I have a guinea pig and I put a picture of SC’s logo in front of him and a bingo card under him. And he sh#t on 17. Then I put a picture of Nebraska’s logo in front of him and he looked at me and said Huskers rule! and they will score 35. So my guinea pig says:

sh#t on USC

and NU 35, USC 17.

How does your Guinea Pig feel about the housing market?

Oh, i almost forgot to put in my prediction, I've been to busy stewing over this weekends loss........i mean win. If Cally somehow manages to mix in some sort of misdirection or non-predictable play calling NU 24, USC 31. If Cally remains fixated on saving the playbook NU 3, USC 65.

Seriously, is it really your 'prediction' or your 'hopes and dreams.' :rolleyes:

I'm sure it is too much to ask if you'll go away if Nebraska is able to win Sat...oh yeah...it is...then you'll jump on the bandwagon.

"OH GAWD!! I NEVER MENTIONED USC WINNING 65-3! I'M A HUSKER FAN!!!!" :huh:

I would say, 'f off,' but you'll lurk until Nebraska wins a championship to tell us all that you told us so.