Negative Attitudes

Since everyone seems to be having a negative attitude with the football program rather it is the fire in the players, the coaching staff, the WCO, the lack of tradition, the recruiting or lack there of, the record, or any other little thing that someone wants to complain about. I am here to bring a positive outlook on to the team. As of right now, the team sits at 4-3. Believe it or not, but we control our own destiny on winning the North. I win against Missouri is very possible. They run the same type of offense that K-State ran against us last week. They do not have big play recievers so our secondary (which has very good talent) should be able to lock down and go man to man against them which would leave us to put eight guys in the box. We had a lot of missed tackles last week and I think we will get this solved and show up with a very good effort against Smith. As far as our offense is concerned, we have shown that we can run the ball on anyone. Ross is a great back that needs to have the ball in his hands more often. He has shown that he can be productive running the ball, catching the ball out of the backfield, and returning punts (which he doesn't do often enough). Our passing game has been up and down, but we have shown the ability to put up big plays in the passing game. We just need to convert these big plays when we have a chance. The rest of the season contains Iowa State in which many people here think that we can beat. Then we travel to Norman to face, what I think is the best team in the country which is Oklahoma. It might take a miracle to happen, but guess what, some times they do. After OU, we get Iowa State which is probally the worst team on our schedule, followed by Colorado. If we happen to beat Missu, Iowa state, and Colorado, They would put us in the Big 12 Championship game against OKlahoma probally. I believe it or not, if we get to the Big 12 championship and could find a way to win it, we would be heading to a BCS bowl game. Something that none of you think is possible. If we would happen to get there, then we would probally face a Utah team that is very beatable.

I just wanted to post this so that everyone can read something positive rather than all of the negative that everyone else thinks is more important to post.

Peace Out and bring on the negative comments.

Right on brother. GO BIG RED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Is it Saturday yet? :horns2

Exactly my thoughts. :horns2

One key for us on offense is going to be converting on 3rd down. I think we are something like 30% on third down. IMO, that's the main problem that killed us against K-state when we had the ball and only down by 3. Not converting in those situations kill drives. Not converting on many 3rd downs in a row will kill us!!!

GBR!!

I am looking forward to the game on saturday. Missouri has had some close calls in the last couple weeks, but have inner turmoil(maybe because Pinkel is a retard). Anyways, I think if Nebraska plays an error-free game they will win. I am glad to see Sievers say something in the paper that resembles a fiery attitude, hopefully that can carry over to the rest of the blackshirts and can get the momentum rolling for the rest of the season :cheers

Since everyone seems to be having a negative attitude with the football program rather it is the fire in the players, the coaching staff, the WCO, the lack of tradition, the recruiting or lack there of, the record, or any other little thing that someone wants to complain about. I am here to bring a positive outlook on to the team. As of right now, the team sits at 4-3. Believe it or not, but we control our own destiny on winning the North. I win against Missouri is very possible. They run the same type of offense that K-State ran against us last week. They do not have big play recievers so our secondary (which has very good talent) should be able to lock down and go man to man against them which would leave us to put eight guys in the box. We had a lot of missed tackles last week and I think we will get this solved and show up with a very good effort against Smith. As far as our offense is concerned, we have shown that we can run the ball on anyone. Ross is a great back that needs to have the ball in his hands more often. He has shown that he can be productive running the ball, catching the ball out of the backfield, and returning punts (which he doesn't do often enough). Our passing game has been up and down, but we have shown the ability to put up big plays in the passing game. We just need to convert these big plays when we have a chance. The rest of the season contains Iowa State in which many people here think that we can beat. Then we travel to Norman to face, what I think is the best team in the country which is Oklahoma. It might take a miracle to happen, but guess what, some times they do. After OU, we get Iowa State which is probally the worst team on our schedule, followed by Colorado. If we happen to beat Missu, Iowa state, and Colorado, They would put us in the Big 12 Championship game against OKlahoma probally. I believe it or not, if we get to the Big 12 championship and could find a way to win it, we would be heading to a BCS bowl game. Something that none of you think is possible. If we would happen to get there, then we would probally face a Utah team that is very beatable.

I just wanted to post this so that everyone can read something positive rather than all of the negative that everyone else thinks is more important to post.

yes we control our own destiny, that's where the scary and negative part comes in.

Since everyone seems to be having a negative attitude with the football program rather it is the fire in the players, the coaching staff, the WCO, the lack of tradition, the recruiting or lack there of, the record, or any other little thing that someone wants to complain about. I am here to bring a positive outlook on to the team. As of right now, the team sits at 4-3. Believe it or not, but we control our own destiny on winning the North.  I win against Missouri is very possible. They run the same type of offense that K-State ran against us last week. They do not have big play recievers so our secondary (which has very good talent) should be able to lock down and go man to man against them which would leave us to put eight guys in the box. We had a lot of missed tackles last week and I think we will get this solved and show up with a very good effort against Smith. As far as our offense is concerned, we have shown that we can run the ball on anyone. Ross is a great back that needs to have the ball in his hands more often. He has shown that he can be productive running the ball, catching the ball out of the backfield, and returning punts (which he doesn't do often enough). Our passing game has been up and down, but we have shown the ability to put up big plays in the passing game. We just need to convert these big plays when we have a chance. The rest of the season contains Iowa State in which many people here think that we can beat. Then we travel to Norman to face, what I think is the best team in the country which is Oklahoma. It might take a miracle to happen, but guess what, some times they do. After OU, we get Iowa State which is probally the worst team on our schedule, followed by Colorado. If we happen to beat Missu, Iowa state, and Colorado, They would put us in the Big 12 Championship game against OKlahoma probally. I believe it or not, if we get to the Big 12 championship and could find a way to win it, we would be heading to a BCS bowl game. Something that none of you think is possible. If we would happen to get there, then we would probally face a Utah team that is very beatable.

yes we control our own destiny, that's where the scary and negative part comes in.

I love this dude

Which is why we control our own destiny, all that means is that if we win out then we will win the north. I think it goes without saying that if we lose then we don't control our destiny.

so pretty much your saying we don't control our own destiny because we don't stand a chance against okie and bo pelini!

Which is why we control our own destiny, all that means is that if we win out then we will win the north. I think it goes without saying that if we lose then we don't control our destiny.

so pretty much your saying we don't control our own destiny because we don't stand a chance against okie and bo pelini!

wow.

wow.

No wow about it, I just don't see a chance in hell. Against mizzou there is a slight chance of us winning but okie will get ugly. If we lose to mizzou our heads will sink down further and a cu and isu loss is possible.

No wow about it, I just don't see a chance in hell. Against mizzou there is a slight chance of us winning but okie will get ugly. If we lose to mizzou our heads will sink down further and a cu and isu loss is possible.

All I can say is I hope you are wrong. Anything else is futile.

You act like Pelini is actually doing something at Oklahoma that hasn't been going on down there since Stoops arrived. They would be just fine if he wasn't there.

He hasn't hurt there defense I know that. They lost alot from last years team and haven't dropped off. My actual point is that bo is going to have okie playing at their best just so that they will kill us.