4 years and still....

Switch coaches

Would Carroll win this game for NU?

No but he would have came much much closer. Carol got to where he is by being able to get 3 and 4 star players to play at a 5 star level. Now the 5 stars all wanna go to USC and pete gets them to play at their highest potential. We are never gonna be able to recruit like USC until we start to develop players better. under cally 3 star players play like 3 star players, carol is able to get more out of his players. Heck look at the five star players from BCs recruiting classes would you say they are playing like 5 star players? is lucky playing like the 2nd best back from his class? Not even close

Let's not forget PC is in year #7.

BC had to start really worse than from scratch. He had very little talent to work with, AND had to fit square pegs into round holes in '04. Everyone wants Meyer- or Stoops-like success with a NC title run in the first 2-4 years. Sorry, folks... not everyone gets that.

We'll just have to be patient. We're still 2 or 3 years away from that.

Hey, you know... you might want to look at Pete Carroll's win/lose record.

Pete's first season was 6 - 6... then the next 6 years he was 60 - 6.

Pete took what he had and made an outstanding team by the second year... that's what great coaches do. Carroll, Stoops, and many others came in, made their changes, and rapidly guided their teams to greatness. Callahan is not, and never will be this caliber of coach... the days of you getting a decade to show results is gone. At this point we've seen his best... he might hang in there a little longer if he gets new staff on the defense side, but I'll be very surprised if we ever break the top ten with him as head coach.

How many years did Kiffin/McBride lose to OU? But yet they continued to coach. Weird huh?

Back then the theory was best players were on offense then the defense got what they could. Once McBride started getting better and faster players his defense got better.

Well Coz has got better players supposedly over the last 4 years then what solich had and his defense has gotten worse or no better then the 2001.

How many years did Kiffin/McBride lose to OU? But yet they continued to coach. Weird huh?

Well, actually, McBride won his first two games as D-coordinator against OU. In fact, during his time as D-coordinator he was 11-5 against OU. And in 16 games, OU only scored more than 28 once (and OU scored 17 or under nine times including OU scores of 7, 0, 3, 7, 9, and 3). So, if you are going to argue that Coz is okay, use different logic. Comparing him to McBride only makes him look worse.

Listen, I know that many on this board really don't like the attacks on BC and his coaching staff, but this is a legitimate concern, and tonight's game isn't the first time that people have wondered about BC and crew.

It was painfully obvious which team was better prepared and better coached. It's not really up for debate.

Yes, SC is the more-talented club, but I'll take Pete Carroll over Bill Callahan 10 times out of 10.

And I don't think there are too many people who disagree.

So the very legitimate question remains: Can BC and this staff win a championship?

Pete took what he had and made an outstanding team by the second year... that's what great coaches do. Carroll, Stoops, and many others came in, made their changes, and rapidly guided their teams to greatness. Callahan is not, and never will be this caliber of coach...

Exactly, BC only seems capable of running one very specific type of offense, and is incapable of taking the talent he has and making a team out of them. The best he can hope for is a perfect team for his system, and in college even if he manages to pull them together it won't last long. I just don't believe that he's a good coach.

We are just a mediocre, average, middle of the pack team that will probably win 8 or 9 games every season and go to a bowl like the Alamo or Holiday bowl. Under this current coaching staff we will never compete for any type of title. Sad but true.

Sounds like most of Osborne's teams his whole career and he didn't even have to face the 85 scholarship limit. Osborne's teams played three quality teams a year and usually lost.

We are just a mediocre, average, middle of the pack team that will probably win 8 or 9 games every season and go to a bowl like the Alamo or Holiday bowl. Under this current coaching staff we will never compete for any type of title. Sad but true.

Sounds like most of Osborne's teams his whole career and he didn't even have to face the 85 scholarship limit. Osborne's teams played three quality teams a year and usually lost.

This just goes to show that all it takes is that success to make the past failures disappear. Championships are just not given out. Just ask T.O.

this game did not make or break our season. if you guys haven't figured it out yet WE still have the Big XII in front of us

You got that right, the North is ours to lose. I don't see us losing anymore games until the Big XII championship game.

Yeah, win the putrid BigXII North and lose to every ranked team we play.

Progress??

Thats crazy talk.........everyone knows that NU didnt lose a game till 1999. Tom was always known for having the ability to win the big one.

I'd like to point you to California Husker's post above.

Well, I believe we will always win 8-9 games a year with BC and never win a championship. I know we have gotten better since he started in the toilet but he is not the right coach for us. That is why he needs to go. Mediocre!

I truly think if Pete was our coach last night the score would have been 28-21 with USC winning but us making an actual game of it. Oh, and did anyone notice that Wake Forrest only got 91 yds rushing against ARMY and only 256 total yds offense. That is what we gave up on the ground to Wake.

What a joke.