"Hot Seat" Coaches...Who would you want at NU?

Given the number of big name coaches that are rumored to be "on the hotseat", which coach would you take over Bill Callahan?

1. Phillip Fulmer-Tennessee

2. Lloyd Carr-Michigan

3. Charlie Weis-Notre Dame

4. Bobby Bowden-Florida St.

5. Tommy Tubberville-Auburn

6. Kirk Ferentz-Iowa

Your saying NU would have to take a coach that is getting fired?

I like Callahan seems to know a lot about the x and o's but his coaching isn't much to brag about.

None, we already have a crappy coach and we don't need another one.

These are better ones:

Greg Schiano (Rutgers)

Rich Rodriguez (W. Virginia)

Jeff Tedford (California)

Chris Peterson (Boise St.)

All would consider going to larger programs and each recruits good talent.

Rodriguez had a chance to be head coach of a "larger" program and said no. Why would he consider Nebraska?

These are better ones:

Greg Schiano (Rutgers)

Rodriguez had a chance to be head coach of a "larger" program and said no. Why would he consider Nebraska?

His options were in a places with higher expectations than NU and they played in much tougher conferences. That is why I think he would consider it. We would love 10 wins and a BCS game, the other schools were thinking national title soon, or SEE YA! BIG 12 North should be an EASY 10 win yr for NU and those coaches could get it.

It's all hypothetical though. And also, Rodriguez sees a great year with White and Slaton so a chance for an NC this year. He might think about moving when they aren't on his team.

These are better ones:

Greg Schiano (Rutgers)

they wouldnt unless we threw a absurd amount of money at them

These are better ones:

Greg Schiano (Rutgers)

they wouldnt unless we threw a absurd amount of money at them

I like that idea. We have it to spend.

Not that I want him as coach, but bringing up Chris Pederson is just an interesting topic. This is his second year as Head Coach, but he was Offensive Coordinator for Hawkins and the coach before him. Their offense has been crazy for a number of years. Makes you wonder who was recruiting and who the players were coming to play for?!?! It will be interesting to see what the program does for the next couple of seasons.

Not that I want him as coach, but bringing up Chris Pederson is just an interesting topic. This is his second year as Head Coach, but he was Offensive Coordinator for Hawkins and the coach before him. Their offense has been crazy for a number of years. Makes you wonder who was recruiting and who the players were coming to play for?!?! It will be interesting to see what the program does for the next couple of seasons.

Well don't forget it was Dirk Koetter who put the program on the map and Hawkins was his OC.

Given the number of big name coaches that are rumored to be "on the hotseat", which coach would you take over Bill Callahan?

1. Phillip Fulmer-Tennessee

2. Lloyd Carr-Michigan

3. Charlie Weis-Notre Dame

4. Bobby Bowden-Florida St.

5. Tommy Tubberville-Auburn

6. Kirk Ferentz-Iowa

1. Phillip Fulmer I think this guy is a pretty good coach. The one thing I can't figure out about his is why he's had the troubles he's had. At Tennesse prior to 2000, his winning percentage was in the 80's. Post 2000, his winning percentage is in the upper 60's. I'm really not sure what has happened in that time period. However, I think Tennessee should be slapped silly if they fire this guy. He's a good coach, and he's won the hardware.

2. Lloyd Carr Pretty much the same as Fulmer. He's had some great teams. Really, he's only had 2 teams that were below Michigan standards assuming he continues to falter this season. He's won the hardware. I think he's a really good coach. I don't understand the hatred Michigan fans has for him except for their first game this season. Good solid coach, and Michigan would be retarded to fire him.

3. Charlie Weis isn't going to be fired anytime soon, so it really isn't even worth getting into.

4. Bobby Bowden will either die or retire before leaving FSU, so again not worth discussing.

5. Tommy Tubberville I think he's a great coach. This year they're not as good as the past couple but it's because of offensive performance. The guy can build a D, and there is no doubt about that. Last year, I believe they lost to LSU but it was like 6-3 or 6-0. I don't care what anyone says, Tommy typically always has a good D. I don't necessarily think he's on the hotseat though. I think his job is secure.

6. Kirk Ferentz A couple of years ago, I would have said hell yeah. However, he really has kind of fallen from grace. You don't hear his name mentioned anymore about going to a more high profile program anymore. At one time, he got a tremendous amount out of his "inferior" players. Now, it seems that they are just playing up to their recruiting status or maybe below after losing to Iowa State.

After talking about those coaches mentioned, let's talk about how bad we'd be if "Stache" would have been hired. He's really gotten that Pitt team fired up. He's a complete disgrace and been an embarrassment everywhere he's went. I still think Houston Nutt is a clown as well. They just got beat by Alabama that was all but put on sudden death probation. If you take McFadden off that team, they're mediocre at best.