Catille on defense????

I Bleed RED

Thanks for continuing to solidify my argument. It's ok though, I'm sure the coaches you hate will start 'Catille' at every defensive position on Saturday.

Valid point. I use "science" for my arguments and you say things like "pack up your stuff and daughters and move to ohio"

I can see it now: FOPPA wins presidential election in 2016 after winning every debate by name calling and ignoring every topic.....lol

The coaching staff may have tried this out in the off-season, and training camp. Though I think they saw the potential in Castille as a punishing runner.

Hopefully they see alot of potential everywhere for Castille...damn this kid really shows up when he plays...can it rub off everywhere?

Is this guy the next Octavien in that he's instantly a fan favorite? The guy has played one good game.

Which game? The one he mowed down people rushing vs. Nevada? Or the one he demolished a USC player on special teams. Since he got no opportunities vs. Wake Forest, and got no chances to run vs. USC, what are we looking at here? Gotta get PT to make a difference.

Is this guy the next Octavien in that he's instantly a fan favorite? The guy has played one good game.

Which game? The one he mowed down people rushing vs. Nevada? Or the one he demolished a USC player on special teams. Since he got no opportunities vs. Wake Forest, and got no chances to run vs. USC, what are we looking at here? Gotta get PT to make a difference.

I guess my point was that he's shown flashes, but that's it. Fans really like flashes. After they see them, they'd like to duplicate him, put him everywhere, etc etc. I bet he'll be a great player, but the reaction to something like this just kills me.

I guess my point was that he's shown flashes, but that's it. Fans really like flashes. After they see them, they'd like to duplicate him, put him everywhere, etc etc. I bet he'll be a great player, but the reaction to something like this just kills me.

I see what you're saying, but I really like his upside Dave. Take a look at what Carroll does with his freshman at USC. I really believe that Castille is a player at NU...Nebraska doesn't get the luxury with their freshman like USC does, since NU doesn't get four-thousand 5-star athletes every year.

But he's burned his redshirt, shows he can play, demonstrates his ability...Castille needs to play nonstop.

well, knowing cally, he just didn't think a freshman should be playing against the number 1 team in the country, you know, he has no big game experience, could fumble, could miss a block, you know....

boy, now that's the kind of confidence i would want my coach to show me if i were wanting to get in there and mix it up. funny, Carroll has NO qualms about playing his frosh in huge numbers every year. just some little things i don't like about cally, although again, he seems to be on the right track, if he weren't so damn rigid and a little more flexible i think he could enjoy more success here.

well, knowing cally, he just didn't think a freshman should be playing against the number 1 team in the country, you know, he has no big game experience, could fumble, could miss a block, you know....

boy, now that's the kind of confidence i would want my coach to show me if i were wanting to get in there and mix it up. funny, Carroll has NO qualms about playing his frosh in huge numbers every year. just some little things i don't like about cally, although again, he seems to be on the right track, if he weren't so damn rigid and a little more flexible i think he could enjoy more success here.

How can Carrol play freshmen in "huge numbers" every year when they are probably the deepest team in the country?

Some of you guys talk 9 out of 11 players on the field are freshmen. WTF?

Listen, freshmen play at NU. Do they assume starting roles at skill positions often? Hell no. The last one I can really think of at NU is Tommie Frazier.

Now you can start putting all kinds of restrictions on it like "well they didn't start", or "well it was just on special teams". Well, guess what? Freshmen like Potter and Turner played ST their freshman year and how many field goals did they block? Tell it's "garbage time".

How can Carrol play freshmen in "huge numbers" every year when they are probably the deepest team in the country?

Some of you guys talk 9 out of 11 players on the field are freshmen. WTF?

Listen, freshmen play at NU. Do they assume starting roles at skill positions often? Hell no. The last one I can really think of at NU is Tommie Frazier.

Now you can start putting all kinds of restrictions on it like "well they didn't start", or "well it was just on special teams". Well, guess what? Freshmen like Potter and Turner played ST their freshman year and how many field goals did they block? Tell it's "garbage time".

To add to that, Carroll clearly rode the Joe McKnight train all night Saturday, right? No hesitancy to throw guys into the fire when it's not needed, and after all, he didn't fumble or do anything that would possibly damage his confidence and not return thereafter. What confidence he has in his kids!