Booing

Washusker

way to pick one in 80 athletes

I notice you didn't name any names....

But I could name literally HUNDREDS of Academic All-Americans NU has produced.

You can boo all you want when they start getting paid. Otherwise, it's low-class.

I was going to say. NU has hundreds of academic all american's. Is it that easy to be an academic all american that you can sleep during class? I think not.

Are you serious, student athletes, when these kids go to classes they are barely awake. They come into our third tier university barely able to read and getting countless hours of tutoring. Professors are scared to fail them. My most memorable moment in college was watching two football players cheat on an exam I was taking, while two other football players got in a fist fight in the middle of the exam. These kids are separated into superior facilities. Sorry they are student athletes in name only. They are on a big stage and when we pay money for an inferior froduct we have the right to boo, especially when these coaches are some of the richest people in the state and do not deliver. If I do a bad job I hear it from my boss. Guess what state money comes from Nebraskans. time to let them know they are doing a bad job.

Are you kidding me? Go tell that to Dane Todd...

Seriously...I go to my classes barely awake. Who does?

It's classless and chicken $hit period.

If you are so upset about how bad they are playing, why don't you make an effort to let them personally know how bad they are and how bad they suck.

Crowd mentality, but face to face all these tough guys would be saying how much the love the team.

WE are not a very good football team now. In fact we have not been since TO left. But there is no reason to boo the players. I understand the remarks Octavian made. He is busting his ass out there. But some of the others may have been to. Maybe they don't have the ability to be all conference or truly play division 1 level football. I don't know. But booing is cowardly.

Every single one of them know what is expected. All are aware of the unrealistic fans of Nebraska. But it does nothing for them or the program, and us as a fan base to become what other programs are. WE are Nebraska, there are traditions we as fans can keep. I know I will.

With that aside, fans do have the RIGHT to boo if they want, but I think that it is classless and pointless.

Agreed. And we, as the "Greatest Fans in College Football" are definitely above it.

I think the booing was meant towards Coz................I can see how the players would think it was on them though. They did play horrible, but I still think it was directed toward Coz. <_<

Pointless.

I don't mind spending the money for the tickets regardless because I just want to be there.

Exactly. As many others have pointed out, if you think it's your right as a fan and that's how you are going to express your displeasure...just don't buy a ticket.

It's classless and chicken $hit period.

If you are so upset about how bad they are playing, why don't you make an effort to let them personally know how bad they are and how bad they suck.

Crowd mentality, but face to face all these tough guys would be saying how much the love the team.

WE are not a very good football team now. In fact we have not been since TO left. But there is no reason to boo the players. I understand the remarks Octavian made. He is busting his ass out there. But some of the others may have been to. Maybe they don't have the ability to be all conference or truly play division 1 level football. I don't know. But booing is cowardly.

Every single one of them know what is expected. All are aware of the unrealistic fans of Nebraska. But it does nothing for them or the program, and us as a fan base to become what other programs are. WE are Nebraska, there are traditions we as fans can keep. I know I will.

Unrealistic? You've gotta be kidding. Do I need to post Pedey's black friday speech in it's entirety? He raised the bar in that speech, and we're being unrealistic by expecting him to live up to what he said? Don't bring that game to me.

Bugeater,

Nebraska fans have been called unrealistic since Osborne was just learning the job.

Nothing new, unless you are new.

And were not talking about booing the AD. We booed the football team. No matter who it was pointed at it affected the football team. WE may have a split growing between the defense and the offense on this team. If you guys want to destroy this year, have at it. But I will support the program no matter the results.

I am not a fan of our AD either, but the kids are the ones that are affected by it more than anyone else. The ones that were busting their tails did not deserve it. Bowman and Glen were there. They heard it and did they deserve it? Did the parents of the kids playing deserve to hear it.

Bitching and complaining on the internet is one thing. Organizing something that gets the point accross to those responsible is another. Booing is not the way to get what is needed done.

Bugeater,

Nebraska fans have been called unrealistic since Osborne was just learning the job.

Nothing new, unless you are new.

And were not talking about booing the AD. We booed the football team. No matter who it was pointed at it affected the football team. WE may have a split growing between the defense and the offense on this team. If you guys want to destroy this year, have at it. But I will support the program no matter the results.

I am not a fan of our AD either, but the kids are the ones that are affected by it more than anyone else. The ones that were busting their tails did not deserve it. Bowman and Glen were there. They heard it and did they deserve it? Did the parents of the kids playing deserve to hear it.

Bitching and complaining on the internet is one thing. Organizing something that gets the point accross to those responsible is another. Booing is not the way to get what is needed done.

I agree that the booing is unnecessary and doesn't solve anything, but I'm not going to run around villifying people for doing it. As I mentioned earlier, it's a result of frustration boiling over. These aren't kids on the field, they're young men, and part of being a man is putting those things behind you, sucking it up and trying to do better next time. If they're going to cry and dwell on it and let it destroy the season, well they weren't going to go far anyway. Sure, it sounds harsh, but such is life.

Being a Kansas football fan from Nebraska puts me in an odd position having student tickets to the Husker games. God knows when I go to the Husker games I cheer hard and loud, I root for you Huskers just as much as a lot of you fans, yell "Go Big Red", stand up, high fives when the 'Skers score a touchdown, wave the wheat or whatever you call it here, etc.

Yesteday, I was in a position where I have never been in at a Husker game... there were points in the game where I sat down to show my displeasure in the Defensive fiasco that was taking place, but yet, I found a way to get back up after a couple plays each time, and scream at the top of my lungs again... only to have them get a first down on another third and long or break a long run when sitting deep in their own territory. It was a sickening feeling as a Big XII fan in general, almost as sick as I felt when Toledo took and beat KU in overtime last year. Stuff like that is what I expect out of my Jayhawks, but out of the Huskers... I was just in complete shock. I really thought during the USC games that the Huskers were better than what they displayed in that game, but after yesterday I don't know if that can be said for this Husker team.

I've been being overly optimistic for my Jayhawks in saying that the November 3rd showdown between the Huskers and Jayhawks will decide the Big XII North, but now I feel I was being overly optimistic about the ability of the Huskers. Now I might have to change my prediction to the Mizzou Kansas game, even though we all know Pinkel can't finish a year...

I fear for you guys, I fear team unity is going to be an issue, if it isn't already. I saw no emotion out of the defense yesterday, which is insane (college football is all about emotion!). I know someone mentioned something about Mangino's debacle yelling at the kid for showboating. I'm sorry if that offends you Husker fans, but I sure as hell it gets the job done and Mangino doesn't have to worry about being backed up on a Kickoff anymore, and I'm sure as hell it fired some guys up too, something I haven't seen Bill Callahan or any of his coaching staff ever do for his football team.

I didn't boo yesterday, as I'm not a true Husker fan, but if I was a Husker fan, I know damn well I would have booed. That was just pathetic.

Being a Kansas football fan from Nebraska puts me in an odd position having student tickets to the Husker games. God knows when I go to the Husker games I cheer hard and loud, I root for you Huskers just as much as a lot of you fans, yell "Go Big Red", stand up, high fives when the 'Skers score a touchdown, wave the wheat or whatever you call it here, etc.

Yesteday, I was in a position where I have never been in at a Husker game... there were points in the game where I sat down to show my displeasure in the Defensive fiasco that was taking place, but yet, I found a way to get back up after a couple plays each time, and scream at the top of my lungs again... only to have them get a first down on another third and long or break a long run when sitting deep in their own territory. It was a sickening feeling as a Big XII fan in general, almost as sick as I felt when Toledo took and beat KU in overtime last year. Stuff like that is what I expect out of my Jayhawks, but out of the Huskers... I was just in complete shock. I really thought during the USC games that the Huskers were better than what they displayed in that game, but after yesterday I don't know if that can be said for this Husker team.

I've been being overly optimistic for my Jayhawks in saying that the November 3rd showdown between the Huskers and Jayhawks will decide the Big XII North, but now I feel I was being overly optimistic about the ability of the Huskers. Now I might have to change my prediction to the Mizzou Kansas game, even though we all know Pinkel can't finish a year...

I fear for you guys, I fear team unity is going to be an issue, if it isn't already. I saw no emotion out of the defense yesterday, which is insane (college football is all about emotion!). I know someone mentioned something about Mangino's debacle yelling at the kid for showboating. I'm sorry if that offends you Husker fans, but I sure as hell it gets the job done and Mangino doesn't have to worry about being backed up on a Kickoff anymore, and I'm sure as hell it fired some guys up too, something I haven't seen Bill Callahan or any of his coaching staff ever do for his football team.

I didn't boo yesterday, as I'm not a true Husker fan, but if I was a Husker fan, I know damn well I would have booed. That was just pathetic.

Excellent post! Good luck to the Jayhawks in the Big 12 champ game! I have always liked Kansas fans and you are a good example of why.

These aren't kids on the field, they're young men, and part of being a man is putting those things behind you, sucking it up and trying to do better next time

Putting things behind you and moving on. Don't you bring up something that happened in 2003 a lot? <_<

Booing is LAME!!!!!!!!!!!! It is nothing new for the "Greatest Fans IN America" :sarcasm:wacko: though. Scott Frost, Jamal Lord, Frankie, Joe Dailey, the Offense in 04, Mcbride in the 80's, PUD. NU fans boo their own team but take pride in standing up and clapping for the other team. Something is backwards if you ask me.