D-LINE = CHAMPIONSHIPS

KIRBY

The d-line is THE most crucial part of the defense and we need help there and fast. Suh is good and probably will be very good by the time he's done, but he needs help. Look at our top teams of the past and every one had a very good d-line. A d-line can make up for middle of the road d-backs and linebackers but poor d-line play can make even good d-backs and linebackers look bad. Look at the top teams today, USC, LSU, OKLA they all have very good d-lines. The defense then helps the offense because they get the ball more and have time to mature. Look at the other side, Louisville, Nebraska, West Virginia....etc., very good on offense but no D-line and they can't stop Syracuse, Ball State, etc..... We are in need of Defensive line help NOW and in the future....

The d-line is THE most crucial part of the defense and we need help there and fast. Suh is good and probably will be very good by the time he's done, but he needs help. Look at our top teams of the past and every one had a very good d-line. A d-line can make up for middle of the road d-backs and linebackers but poor d-line play can make even good d-backs and linebackers look bad. Look at the top teams today, USC, LSU, OKLA they all have very good d-lines. The defense then helps the offense because they get the ball more and have time to mature. Look at the other side, Louisville, Nebraska, West Virginia....etc., very good on offense but no D-line and they can't stop Syracuse, Ball State, etc..... We are in need of Defensive line help NOW and in the future....

Absolutely our #1 weakness with linebacker play #2 and our O-line 3rd. All of these areas are terrible and should rank in the bottom half of the conference.

Absolutely our #1 weakness with linebacker play #2 and our O-line 3rd. All of these areas are terrible and should rank in the bottom half of the conference.

They are equally as bad. If you are not playing good, then you cant rank them in a "somewhat bad, kind of bad, terribly bad" etc. You are either good or bad.

As for the post, I agree the D-line needs to play better. They are young and inexperienced as a group. It will take practice, more games, and growing. But not alone do they make champions. It's still a team sport.

I agree with #1, but #2 I'd go with D-line. Offensive line has pass protection down pretty well. Run blocking is another story though.

I agree with #1, but #2 I'd go with D-line. Offensive line has pass protection down pretty well. Run blocking is another story though.

I was saying #1 is d-line #2 is linebackers and #3 is o-line b.c of run blocking.

I think d-line is our biggest concern because we don't have anyone who can play, and I think Dillard can make our LB's better.

D-Line is our biggest concern by far. They got absolutely bulldozed by USC and got NO pass rush on Ball State. The result, O-Linemen get to the second level and block our linebackers or Nate Davis can stand in the pocket for days until someone gets open.

All of this is putting way to much pressure on our LBs and DBs and making them look bad. I'm sick of all the complaining about McKeon and Ruud and Asante and Green, I never hear anyone talk about how bad our D-Line is playing.

Not that they're bad players, they've had three starts together as a unit, they're all new starters. With time they'll get better, there's a TON of physical talent there.

Keep saying bench our upperclassmen and put in our young guys at LB and Safety, but until the D-Line improves it's not going to make a bit of difference. Defense really requires balance, when one unit suffers, it makes the rest look terrible.

Be a little patient and this D-Line will make strides, and make our overall defense better. Start a revolving door and get into a pissing match between the fans and our LBs, and by the time the D-Line improves we're going to have so much inconsistency in the rest of the defense we'll be hopeless.

I would agree that our D-line needs some help.............along with our LB's and our O-line. If we could figure out the problems in those areas we would have a great team.

Oh is that all, just those 3 things of which 2 are our lines.

I think we would be a top 25 teams if we fixed our lines but not a great team..

Callahan must stay at Nebraska forever, and cosgrove, they are getting there give them time.

run game is a victim of finesse pass blocking, wco style.

I would agree that our D-line needs some help.............along with our LB's and our O-line. If we could figure out the problems in those areas we would have a great team.

I don't think any of us need your smartelick responses right now pal.............

Callahan must stay at Nebraska forever, and cosgrove, they are getting there give them time.

Oh look a sCUm troll stopping by to try and rile things up!!!! Still living your life day by day by that score huh??? Well I guess you need to hold on to something in that miserable thing you call a life.

D-Line is our biggest concern by far. They got absolutely bulldozed by USC and got NO pass rush on Ball State. The result, O-Linemen get to the second level and block our linebackers or Nate Davis can stand in the pocket for days until someone gets open.

All of this is putting way to much pressure on our LBs and DBs and making them look bad. I'm sick of all the complaining about McKeon and Ruud and Asante and Green, I never hear anyone talk about how bad our D-Line is playing.

Not that they're bad players, they've had three starts together as a unit, they're all new starters. With time they'll get better, there's a TON of physical talent there.

Keep saying bench our upperclassmen and put in our young guys at LB and Safety, but until the D-Line improves it's not going to make a bit of difference. Defense really requires balance, when one unit suffers, it makes the rest look terrible.

Be a little patient and this D-Line will make strides, and make our overall defense better. Start a revolving door and get into a pissing match between the fans and our LBs, and by the time the D-Line improves we're going to have so much inconsistency in the rest of the defense we'll be hopeless.

thankfully, most of our LB's will be gone next year. mckeon is the lead whinner in the bunch, has zero shot at ever playing NFL ball.

I agree the play of the D-line impacts the defense greatly. Suh is the anchor, but most times is nuetralized by being double teamed. The play of our linebackers hasn't been the best, with the exception of Octavien, Brandonburgh, and Dilliard. Our line hasn't been consistent. But it is still the beginning of the season. We have time to improve.

GO BIG RED

is there anyway one of the mods can rename this clown 2-10?