BLACKOUT!

BigWillie

Why not hand out black towels to wave when

the "Blackshirts" do well.

Brilliant! (Guiness commercial) I wouldnt have a problem with that. The Red is for supporting the entire team. Wave the black towels in support of the "D".

Yah that's right - me and KG, giving it up for Tenacious D!!! :band

GO HUSKERS! GO BLACKSHIRTS!

Oh good I was waiting for this.

I swear to God some people amaze me.

One more time......

Blackouts have nothing to do with our tradition. NU has built a legacy above and beyond the flavor of the month trend that most dumb people want to rally behind. It's what makes the whole expiereince great.

Its' really too bad there are too many people who ride the short bus that support this team and can't realize that.

I hate you.

One more time......

Blackouts have nothing to do with our tradition. NU has built a legacy above and beyond the flavor of the month trend that most dumb people want to rally behind. It's what makes the whole expiereince great.

Its' really too bad there are too many people who ride the short bus that support this team and can't realize that.

I hate you.

:rollin:rollin:rollin

One more time......

I hate you.

What is wrong with just the students wanting to do something to fire up our downtrodden defense? Is that some kind of crime? Our tradition calls for dominant defenses too, but I don't see that.......If none of the old folks want to do this, that's fine, wear red and be loud and nobody will have a problem with it. But don't bitch and moan about the kids trying to give the blackshirts a morale boost, I think it's a good idea.

And to think...had the people stood on the sideline for that first game in the mid 1890's wearing black coats instead of red ones, we wouldn't be having this discussion. People who get so worked up in defense of any color shirt and resort to name-calling and questioning each others loyalty to the team ALL deserve to ride the short bus. Just make sure you put on your helmets and velcro shoes first.

I said it before and say it again....WE HAVE A HELL OF A LOT MORE TO BE CONCERNED ABOUT THE REST OF THIS SEASON THAN WHAT COLOR SHIRT THE PERSON NEXT TO YOU IS WEARING.

And to think...had the people stood on the sideline for that first game in the mid 1890's wearing black coats instead of red ones, we wouldn't be having this discussion. People who get so worked up in defense of any color shirt and resort to name-calling and questioning each others loyalty to the team ALL deserve to ride the short bus. Just make sure you put on your helmets and velcro shoes first.

I said it before and say it again....WE HAVE A HELL OF A LOT MORE TO BE CONCERNED ABOUT THE REST OF THIS SEASON THAN WHAT COLOR SHIRT THE PERSON NEXT TO YOU IS WEARING.

'Nuff said.

The guys on HP had an awesome idea that seems to be going over well with the student fans. Completely 'B******' the student section.

The reason I say the student section is because I know the backlash that will come from some of the older more traditional folks who believe in wearing nothing but red. But for once, I just want the guys who believe in wearing red every Saturday to think about how they might help the defense before they openly complain. You come out into a stadium where you have been ridiculed the week before, coming off a week where you have been ridiculed by the press and fans as well. You look out into the fans and you see the fans showing nothing but support and love for you. How much better can you get than that?

The fact is, during the last week, with all the flames and complaining we have forgotten one simple thing -- we are 3-1. We still have goals and we still have plenty of room to improve. Instead of standing together and trying to rally the troops, we are as divided as we were back in 2003. One side of the fan base criticizing the other endlessly. Criticism of the coaches and players that has gotten way to personal as well, it has became bordering on sickening. Right now, it even makes me wonder why we lay claim to 'the greatest fans in America'. What we forget, it is easy to kick someone when they are down, but how much greater it is to help pick them back up when they are down.

We've had three days to vent our frustrations, don't you think that is long enough? For some it isn't. Today, some folks (not on this board) took the time to rip about Corey McKeon for a great interview he gave today. It literally made me mad to hear about this.

I could go on and on about the frustrations I have simply for the actions of our fanbase, but I won't get into a long winded debate.

In any case, lets do something special for our defense, just to see if it can rally the troops and give them some extra energy. As much as we have torn them to shreds over the past few days, they deserve it!

Paint it black on Saturday!

no