"Rosie"

JTempl

I hate his little "witty" remarks, like constantly referring to Memorial Stadium as 10th&vine, "And the masses are uneasy here at 10th and vine"... "and 85,000 give a collective sigh of relief here at 10th and vine"...

Its like, wow, I thought of a witty thing to say.. I'll beat it to death.

Yes, his way-too-clever comments make me want to strangle him. He tries to come of as erudite but just sounds like a douche.

Observations from an out of state frequent traveler....

I listen to sportstalk radio WHB810 in KC often and they have the utmost respect for 'Romie' per my observations of the call in 'xpers after he makes appearance.. He is articulate and stands up as a great ambassador for our program in this market...and I'm sure it is not the only market he shares his candid spin on what is going on in Lincoln on a weekly basis.

Bad news...I was in Atlanta during the game yesterday and couldn't find a station carrying the NU v ISU game on radio. I don't care who the gosh darn play by play announcer is, I want to see it on pay per view or xzoom radio...Every Saturday coast to coast!

And to you Kenlon...thanks for calling the cell phone as I was checking out of the hotel in Atlanta on my way to a K State watch party (at least I could do my best by cheering for the NORTH) and inviting the wifey and me to your tailgate party in Lincoln!

We had a ball at 10th and Peachtree at Jock and Jills! The SEC and ACC fans we met were impressed by the BIG XII North (ok, k state gets the majority of the credit here but I thought it was weak because I couldn't find anyone in the crowd of K Staters that wanted to do the pushups after each score...heh heh heh...no gain if you don't feel the pain) and the spirit shown with the K S U chants after each score.

I love Big XII football. And I missed Romey and the Husker broadcast.

I don't spend too much time on the Rose issue........I know how much flack Pavelka got when he did the Touchdown...Tochdown...Touchdown crap...and I also remember thinking Gary Saddlemeyer was a total dork...I mean a tool, but then agin....It's just radio.....if I can't watch the game...then I'm glad to listen to Rose as the other option is not to know at all.....He aint no Jack Buck or Mike Shannon, but he does his best.....I also know...KNOW.... that if the Huskers were a better team, we would be talking less about the little stuff like Rose and more about the BCS or BTTG....so get off Rose....He is N and that aint bad

Adrian Fiala is not the greatest, either. I swear he used the term, "ball security" about 250 times today. It's as if he's sending some type of subliminal advertisement for nutcups!

Adrian Fiala sounds like one of the guys from MXC... "Right you are, Jim..." Plus, he sticks "ah's" in all the time. "The huskers, need to -ah, stop the clones here on, ah-third down."

Getting down and distance out of Rose is near impossible. And what is with this, "Second down to up come..."

Rose works hard for his money, he pours out his heart and energy into each game.

I respect him for that.

True...but he just comes across as a total tool for the man.And it's so completely contrived and premeditated. His heart is in the right place, but he's painful to listen to.

at least you get to listen to the game

last year when I was in Iraq, the Info Managment at my base blocked streaming audio, so you couldnt even listen to it on the computer

said it was not mission essential......they even blocked HuskerBoard for the same reason

I'm sorry , but that is so unamerican! I wonder if it were a ND or USC game if they would still block it.

Rose works hard for his money, he pours out his heart and energy into each game.

I respect him for that.

True...but he just comes across as a total tool for the man.And it's so completely contrived and premeditated. His heart is in the right place, but he's painful to listen to.

at least you get to listen to the game

last year when I was in Iraq, the Info Managment at my base blocked streaming audio, so you couldnt even listen to it on the computer

said it was not mission essential......they even blocked HuskerBoard for the same reason

I'm sorry , but that is so unamerican! I wonder if it were a ND or USC game if they would still block it.

Yeah well get this!!!! My work decided to block huskerboard with a barracuda filter because they thought it was a "gaming" site. I was like a crack head without a dealer!!! Luckily a guy at work knows a way around it so I was able to get on here Friday. I kicked the computer so hard. :lol:

This is the best thread I've seen here in a couple weeks. Instead of griping about the defense we're focusing on a real problem that maybe we can do something about. If there are enough complaints, maybe they'll find a real announcer. I've listened to NFL broadcasts, and those announcers are so much better. My sister and I were calling each other yesterday to ask what was going on because neither of us could understand Rose's play calling. I used to complain about what's-his-face, but man... nothing is as bad as listening to a game and not being able to figure out what the score is, what yard line we're on... or sometimes who even has the ball.

FireJimRose.com.

I traveled from our home in Topeka to several games in Memorial Stadium last year and I don't remember which one but I had my radio with earbuds and tuned to 1110 KFAB. The action on the field was 7 - 10 seconds AHEAD of the action. I turned the radio off and emailed the station when I got back home. And complained about the time delay. He blamed it on the 'network' and said someone forgot 'down the line' didn't set the game to 'live'. When he asked me what station I was tuned to I stated KFAB I never heard from them again. True Story

But I was in attendance at the USC game and all was right with the world for that game.

Except for Romey. His yardage markings from the press box were no better than my vantage from row 90 of the North Stadium WITHOUT my binoculars. I surmised we were not watching the same play...He needs to get his kids out of the pressbox and hire someone to be his 'marker' since so many hang on to his calls for accuracy.

But I defended him an above post for being a great ambassador for the U in radio markets across the country. Just get the details right during the heat of battle.