New AP Poll

bghusker20

bullsh#t how does ksu get ranked above us for beating a clearly overrated Texas team?

come on, we haven't looked exactly unbeatable since the USC game. if we beat KSU and UT then we can be rated ahead of both, until then just settle down and wait. we have a lot to prove before we move up.

I wasn't surprised and Nebraska actually lost a spot in the USA poll. What about Missouri jumping up three spots in each poll without even playing.

This is where the Media and fans around the nation are seeing Nebraska and no matter how you can spin it those other teams have beat better competition. Nebraska has lost all respectability and until they beat someone thats actually good I don't see us jumping into the top 20.

When I was a kid I use to get upset when Nebraska wasn't ranked in the top 13 now it looks like I'll have to be happy that they are even in the top 25.

In the weekly papersun87 Poll (the only poll that matters to ME :) ), he's got us at 19 . . . although I think Purdue deserves to be ranked. Kansas State, despite outplaying Auburn at home, still didn't prove much by beating a Texas team we all knew was weak anyway. The only reason it took this long for them to get exposed was because TCU didn't have an offense or special teams. And from what I saw watching the game yesterday, it was KSU's special teams that won that game for them. The defense played decently, but most of the time all the offense had to do was punch the ball in from the 25 yard line (which they DID do consistently, I'll give them that).

EDIT: And w00t, LSU passed up USC. :)

We dropped down to 26th in the Sagarin ratings. (Mizzou's at 18.) I like the Sagarin system cause it's a pretty fair measure of relative strength based on statistical performance as opposed to the subjectivity of the polls.

Btw, the Sagarin numbers make Mizzou approx. 5 point favorites at home vs. NU this weekend. I like the Huskers in this game as long as we can stop the run.